Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2013, 11:00 AM

3 posts, read 2,953 times

Advertisements

Alright, this is a really long story but I'll try to keep it somewhat short. Anyways, I've known this girl for about a year and a half because we both work at a local gym and also go to the same college. We were just friends for a while but I noticed that she started liking me around Christmas time last year. She would always ask me to hang out with her and talk to me constantly, which she never did before. I don't like her more than a friend so I would make up excuses and forget to text her back and stuff so she would hopefully get the hint. After doing this about ten times, I think she finally got the hint and toned down the flirting and other stuff for like 2 months.

Then, in like March or April, it started up again even more than before (I guess her and an Ex had a thing going then he broke it off with her again). She made it way too obvious. I continued to do the same thing that I did before a few more times. Then in like late June, it became even more obvious. She would constantly try to make me jealous by randomly bringing up how she met some dude at a bar a few nights before or some guy asked her out and she didn't know if she would go out with him. She would have a new story like this almost every time that I saw her and she would bring them up out of nowhere. I would usually make a comment then change the subject.

This continues for another 2 months until I finally decided to give her a shot because she had been trying for so long. I invited her to a big party that a friend was having. She seemed really excited that I asked her and she said she was for sure going and bla bla bla, then doesn't show up. I didn't see her or talk to her for like a week after that and then I heard from a mutual friend that she was really disappointed that I didn't text her after she didn't show up. At this point, I'm extremely confused. So I see her again a few days after this and she's acting the same way that she always had so I invite her to another party, but she can't go because she was going out of town. She then started talking about how she went out to dinner a few times with different guys that she met and bla bla bla. Then I see her again a few days ago after not talking to her for another week and she's still randomly bringing up how she's meeting guys and stuff. My question is: What the hell is this girl's deal? She literally makes no sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2013, 11:05 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,706,825 times
It sounds like she's playing games so you will think she's very desirable and chase her around. It's juvenile.

Old 09-17-2013, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
It sounds like she's playing games so you will think she's very desirable and chase her around. It's juvenile.
Yeah, I know that she's playing games. I just don't get why she's been so persistent with me for such a long time after I didn't really show interest in her. In the past, most girls like her gave up after a few weeks but she's been trying for the better part of 9 months

Old 09-17-2013, 11:12 AM

2,033 posts, read 1,680,294 times
Sounds like she is merely trying to manipulate you. Just flat out tell her you are not interested in her sexually or as a g/f, and can she please keep it professional between you two. (?) You are both adults and can talk to each other as such, instead of trying to play "guessing games" about what she is up to. Maybe she'll back off if you lay it on the table. It sounds like you have tried to deal with it as best as you can.
Or, you can take it to your boss, and bring her in with you. Just discuss it with your boss with the both of you present.
Good luck.

Old 09-17-2013, 11:13 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,706,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisswitzer29 View Post
Yeah, I know that she's playing games. I just don't get why she's been so persistent with me for such a long time after I didn't really show interest in her. In the past, most girls like her gave up after a few weeks but she's been trying for the better part of 9 months
She's just particularly determined. It worked, didn't it? You asked her out twice. If you want her to go away, you'll have to escalate from passive avoidance to active deterrence. Tell her she's a flake and to leave you alone.

Old 09-17-2013, 11:18 AM

15,713 posts, read 9,525,892 times
There's worse things in the world than having some girl chasing you. But if you're not interested, you need to tell her. If the roles were reversed and you liked her and not she you, you would come here and ask: what's wrong with this girl? She's giving me mixed signals. If she's not interested, why doesn't she just say so?

So you need to man up and have a conversation with her.

Old 09-17-2013, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
She's just particularly determined. It worked, didn't it? You asked her out twice. If you want her to go away, you'll have to escalate from passive avoidance to active deterrence. Tell her she's a flake and to leave you alone.
Yeah, I guess. The problem is that we're actually pretty good friends and I usually enjoy her company as a friend. I just don't really want to be involved with her more than that. She's the kind of person who if I straight up told her to stop playing games, she would deny she was playing games and try to act dumb. I'm homestly about to just tell her that I have a girlfriend or something

Old 09-17-2013, 04:50 PM

2,758 posts, read 4,959,118 times
Me thinks you've been friendzoned.
You took way too long to 'give her a chance'.

Now she is kind of playing games with you to rub it in your face on how desirable she is.

Most likely you two will now forever he in this ego battle, and nothing will ever come of it. If you keep inviting her to parties, she may continue to blow you off. It's a way to get back at you.

Or, maybe she shows up one time and you two live happily ever after.
But taking 9 months to ask someone to hang out? I'm not surprised she is doing this.

Once you thought she like you, you should have asked her to hang out then. 6 months later and she has 15 other guys to date.

It's. a. FUMMMMMMMMMBLLLLLLLLEEE!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships