Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2013, 06:57 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,946,475 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittycait View Post
I've been noticing I lose interest in guys quickly. I get so excited and I love being around them at first but after a short time I get tired of being all lovey dovey and my attraction decreases. I feel bothered and like I don't want to be around them anymore.

I'm 20 (almost 21). I've been in a bad relationship that might have had a damaging impact on me. I really hope it doesn't have a chronic effect.
Squirrel!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2013, 07:05 PM

1,035 posts, read 2,060,466 times
It's a shame when you lose interest qu

Old 09-22-2013, 08:05 PM

728 posts, read 1,899,220 times
Too much too soon is what I'm thinking.

If the guy is over there 24/7 then it's too much and too soon in the relationship. There needs to be lots of space in the beginning in order for the "mystery" to get you hooked. I'm sure all guys have known about not calling the girl for at least 48 hours after you get her number right? Same principal. If you call her right away then you are going to lose her interest because there is no "mystery". Why doesn't he call? Did I do something wrong? Is he interested in me at all? Am I too fat? Then when you finally do call a couple of days later she is happy to hear from you. It's all about having the upper hand.

I'm guessing these guys you are seeing are in the same age range? early 20s? Guys have no experience or game at that age and they don't know how to play the game. Date an older guy, late 20's or early 30's and you'll see the difference. You won't ever get bored with an older guy because he knows what he is doing and how to keep you interested and on your toes.

Old 09-23-2013, 03:05 PM

71 posts, read 136,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainGuy74 View Post
Too much too soon is what I'm thinking.

If the guy is over there 24/7 then it's too much and too soon in the relationship. There needs to be lots of space in the beginning in order for the "mystery" to get you hooked. I'm sure all guys have known about not calling the girl for at least 48 hours after you get her number right? Same principal. If you call her right away then you are going to lose her interest because there is no "mystery". Why doesn't he call? Did I do something wrong? Is he interested in me at all? Am I too fat? Then when you finally do call a couple of days later she is happy to hear from you. It's all about having the upper hand.

I'm guessing these guys you are seeing are in the same age range? early 20s? Guys have no experience or game at that age and they don't know how to play the game. Date an older guy, late 20's or early 30's and you'll see the difference. You won't ever get bored with an older guy because he knows what he is doing and how to keep you interested and on your toes.
I agree. I get overwhelmed easily so it is probably because it's too much for me right now. I think I need something gradual in order to grow. The guy I am dating has never been in a relationship and has only kissed a girl. I had fun at first trying to get him and then after a few times of hanging out after "getting" him, the thrill faded and I felt like I wanted a break. He seems to really like me, wants to constantly be with me. He just turned 20.

Old 09-23-2013, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
At your age, you should have 4-5 guys chasing you nonstop. It wont be that way forever, just like the feeling of falling in love is only for a moment. W
When you meet a new guy, try dating him sparringly, as in going on a date once a week.
I'm not so good at meeting new guys. It's hard!

Old 09-23-2013, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by willow bear View Post
You're 20, you think too much.

It's probably that you don't have enough in common with them. Are you trying to find "the one?" If so, consider this practice and the weeding out process. Other members have given good advice and it can be those things but it also could be that you're young and exploring and you haven't connected with someone as of yet. Be young, get to know yourself, have fun.
I definitely think too much. I find myself wanting to know all the answers to everything; why I feel this way, should I be worried, etc. Do you think it's strange I lose the attraction I had for them, too? The not wanting to even kiss them anymore kind of scares me.

Old 09-23-2013, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Maybe your just getting better at identifying the ones that are not right for you faster than you have had in the past.
That's a good thought. I'm worried I have an issue.

Old 09-23-2013, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
It's good you find that out right away.

Just keep dating. Somebody will keep you guessing.
Do you think it's just the person that makes me uninterested? Or do you think there is something wrong with me?

Old 09-23-2013, 04:08 PM

3,440 posts, read 5,716,406 times
It's simple.

You're going out with guys you're not attracted to for reasons that are beyond me.

I can think of a couple of reasons though.....

Only you know what kind of guy you're attracted to.

Unfortunately, a lot of women in your age bracket are more intrigued with bad boys.

Last edited by Black Jack22; 09-23-2013 at 04:17 PM..

Old 09-23-2013, 04:13 PM

3,440 posts, read 5,716,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by capitol View Post
Future bad boy lover. What kind of badboy are you going to waste your life lusting after?
Pretty much.

It always starts out like this.

Ignore and lose interest in the decent guys but get totally attracted to bad boys but them come back to the good guys in your 30s.

Bad boys are the only men that seem to hold the interest of women who are in their 20s.

Once the OP hits 25, she won't have these options forever.

Extreme pickiness at work here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships