Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2013, 05:09 PM

1,830 posts, read 2,158,065 times

Advertisements

Unfortunately, you seemed more like a place holder or back up plan until something else came along. Just because you are both into the same things doesn't mean anything. Women love a little drama in their life, they don't want to be with a carbon copy male version of themselves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2013, 05:52 PM

13 posts, read 14,542 times
Sorry guys. I am actually a veteran of this site, but I had to protect my reputation. LOL

I am sorry about the long blabber, but there is a lot of hurt and I wrote it out for therapy and some insights. I appreciate even the smart-ass comments but I thank those you who offered some support and advice. Thanks.

Old 09-25-2013, 06:04 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,396,553 times
She is the only one who can answer your questions so you should print out what you wrote here and send it to her.

Old 09-25-2013, 06:17 PM

1,706 posts, read 3,318,417 times
You had a marriage that started from youth, it was based on immature ideals, you had several children, left, divorced, and your kids found you and returned to you. You connected with another woman that you knew during your marriage, but by the time you met, the marriage was dead. You and this new woman had a companionship. There was a lot in common. You were able to sexually ignite each other - this is really not that hard to do - you only have to listen and feel. You remained in touch for a long while until she essentially pared you out of her life and dropped you. By that time she had taken up with an old boyfriend and all the feelings for her from years ago towards him returned. She's giddy with this fellow and you are on the sidelines. You are hurting and licking your wounds. What does this all mean, is your question.

You had a very immature first relationship that ended and you had clarity on it while it was foundering and dying, THEN you were not able to see (and she did not communicate with you) that you had an imbalanced relationship with the second woman, although she continued to get the favors from you. And that ended before you got jaded and realized you were doing more of the work and giving. The woman in the second relationship was not all that into you and put up a good front for an extended period of time. She took what she could and kept you 2nd best while she held out in her heart for number one. He came out from no where (surprise!) and captured her.

You had two long term relationships that ended poorly simply because you fell in infatuation and threw out intellect when the love you thought you had knocked at the door. I would suggest you may be misguided about relationships and not looking fully and purely at the basic balance of give and take between two people. You may be a good fellow but you wound up with two woman with whom you ultimately became miserable. You can commit easily and quickly but don't see danger signs along the way, just remain in love until you are left at the curb.

Get some counseling to find why you don't pick women who match you from the beginning in intensity, in giving, and in commitment. They are on the gravy train with you until the relationships are augured into the ground. It will do better than writing anonymously on a message board to work with someone in a therapeutic relationship based on trust and transparency as a means of getting at what you really need. No one here will know who you are and a counselor (not a bartender, not a friend, but someone who can objectively ID your needs and call you out) may do a better job at calling you on your short-comings and give you some common sense help and support. I am truly sorry for your difficulties. I hope you can get a clear head. It will go further in getting you out of your misery.

Old 09-25-2013, 06:33 PM

11,414 posts, read 24,520,275 times
I think you should just let it go. People break up all the time. You overthink. Focus on the simple things you can control. There's nothing you can do about the past. Go on a hike or something with your kids.

Old 09-25-2013, 06:39 PM

13 posts, read 14,542 times
Thank you!

Old 09-25-2013, 06:42 PM

48,591 posts, read 35,070,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomasville13 View Post
Dumped...did her reasons make sense or was their an ulterior motive working.

Sorry, man.
I think the only that matters is the outcome in either case is the same... she doesn't want to be with you.

I'm sorry.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 09-25-2013, 06:51 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,680,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rego00123 View Post
anyone care to post the cliff notes version...

not meant to be a total dick comment, i literally cant read all that on this netbook without my eyes hallucinating
If anyone "quotes" this full text I will shoot myself!

Old 09-25-2013, 07:45 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,897,856 times
Therapy, new old poster, lots of therapy.

Do it now before you get another year older.

If you can't get your shyt together quickly your kids will be more likely to follow in your misdirected footsteps.

Please do the work necessary to understand why you have chosen the paths you have in life - and do it with a professional for the best results.

Best of luck to you.

Old 09-25-2013, 08:17 PM

706 posts, read 1,207,967 times
It didn't work out. Sorry. ((Hugs)). Time will lessen the pain. Sorry to read this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships