Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2013, 03:54 PM

3,009 posts, read 3,642,528 times

Advertisements

The reason I ask is I feel like I can’t have it all right now. I am at a fork in the road sort of speak I can keep on doing what I am doing now or I can make my dream become a reality. Here is some back ground on my lack of dating and what not.

Due to many factors, I have been pretty far behind the curve when it comes to relationships and sex. Did casual dating a few times when I was in high school/college (as in we go out 1-2 times just for fun, never get physical at all) but didn't date in any form for most of my teen years due to personal issues (mostly due to massive shyness/social-anxiety problems) through school, I was socially awkward and never fit in with anyone's circle. No one would invite me in to their group.

I've managed to turn things around a bit and can talk to anyone. I am a different person now I just had to look at this way no one cares. I did not date until college and went on about 10 to 12 dates with different woman so asking a girl out is not my problem.

The longest I have dated the same girl was probably for about 6 months or so and it wasn't even anything serious. I t was a FB kind of thing so when she was done it was over. This is my only sexual partner I know sad for my age but it is what it is. To make matters worse she just kind of laid there and did not do anything there was no passion at all. I feel like I should of pick someone I liked and some one that liked me back.

Now that I am turning 30 (sad) next month I have two options.

One is to work my dead end retail job and in ten years I can make 20 bucks an hour. Sure I have a job, car, and my own place no roommates. I do not make that much money 19.00 an hour is not livable wage and sure as hell can’t feed a family when I am just above the poverty line. If one wanted to live in the city a studio apartment will run you about $1,300 a month and if you wanted to live outside the city a one bedroom apartment will run you 800 to 1k a month.

As for my job it is NOT challenging or rewarding and a cave man can do it. There is no wear to move up in this company unless you want to sale your soul for a few more hundred dollars. I need to break the family trend of workaholics and working two jobs for lame pay and no family life.

That being said If I end up working retail I am just going to give up on the whole idea of meet a girl and starting a family and having kids. I just be the crazy cat guy with 13 cats and eat cans of dog food for dinner.

My next option one that I am going with right now is going back to college.

That being said I am still going to work full time and have been taking class at a community college and get my PRE-NURSING Associate of Applied Science Degree and then transfer over to a four year college to get my Bachelor of Science in Nursing.

My main source of inspiration to become a nurse comes from an innate desire to help people and care for them in times of need. I am also a person who thrives on being challenged and I always have new goals to achieve, so nursing suits me as few other careers offer as much diversity and learning opportunities. I am a caring, empathetic, calm, patient, flexible, a good listener, and like to help people and empathetic .On top of that I pay attention to details and good at solving problems and finding solutions.
I can move up into other jobs at the hospital and feel like I am working on something which is good for me.

I still have to finish College prerequisites and have a few before I can apply for the program.

Once in the nursing program it is 8am till 5pm Monday -Friday. On top of that I have about 100 to 200 pages to read a night.

Do not underestimate the difficulty level of nursing school...
Article: Do not underestimate the difficulty level of nursing school... - Pre-Nursing Student

I feel I might not have time to date much but I am fine with it.

When I am done with school I feel like women will tend to avoid inexperienced guys, and generally for good reason. When thinking of someone with little to no dating experience, more than likely there's the image of an unattractive coach potato with no life, which never interacts with women and has no social skills. It's assumed that if a guy is attractive, smart, funny, has a good direction in his life, he's a catch and probably has plenty of dating experience. But what if that's not the case and the handsome guy actually doesn't have much dating history? Would this still be enough to send most women running?

I'd say that I'm a pretty attractive guy. I'm fit, smart, funny, and very ambitious. I have pic in profile to prove that I am not ugly LOL. To be honest woman tell me if I wanted a GF all I have to do is ask.

I worry if I finish college and start dating woman will think there is something wrong with me and not want to date me. Not too many women want to teach a guy anything in the bedroom.

I am going to try to get out there and meet woman and have some fun .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2013, 04:00 PM

2,279 posts, read 4,743,861 times
I have a sister and 2 cousins who are nurses. Based on this, my advice would be that you probably shouldn't date much while pursing that dream. You'll be exhausted, keeping strict hours, studying a lot, etc. You should focus on your education and your training. You won't be able to devote the necessary attention to a relationship.

That said... I personally am not interested in inexperienced guys, but I'm also older than you, I don't know how younger women might feel. But you shouldn't be making major decisions based on hypothetical "how might women react?" scenarios. You need to make the decisions that make sense for YOU.

Old 09-25-2013, 04:13 PM

208 posts, read 372,430 times
Why not?

Turn you down for 3 ex wives and 4 kids.......

Preposterous!!

Old 09-25-2013, 04:22 PM

2,386 posts, read 3,269,010 times
I just started by BSc Nursing and tough as hell. I have 3 hours of study per night plus my timetable is crazy! I'm out before 8 and sometimes not in until 5 then study at night. It's a really demanding programme. If it's something you want to do good luck, it's really interesting. I won't be dating during my studies I wouldn't have time.

Old 09-25-2013, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wry_Martini View Post
I have a sister and 2 cousins who are nurses. Based on this, my advice would be that you probably shouldn't date much while pursing that dream. You'll be exhausted, keeping strict hours, studying a lot, etc. You should focus on your education and your training. You won't be able to devote the necessary attention to a relationship.

That said... I personally am not interested in inexperienced guys, but I'm also older than you, I don't know how younger women might feel. But you shouldn't be making major decisions based on hypothetical "how might women react?" scenarios. You need to make the decisions that make sense for YOU.

I much rather have a great job i like doing then have a job i hate with a passion.

If a never find a girl to start a family with i just adopt a kid and be a single dad .

Old 09-25-2013, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elained10 View Post
I just started by BSc Nursing and tough as hell. I have 3 hours of study per night plus my timetable is crazy! I'm out before 8 and sometimes not in until 5 then study at night. It's a really demanding programme. If it's something you want to do good luck, it's really interesting. I won't be dating during my studies I wouldn't have time.

good luck you can do it .

I would like to think that woman would like a guy that has dedication to get into and finish a program . ZI am trying to make something of my self and I am committed to this 100%.

Hell i am not even celebrating my birthday that how driven i am.

Old 09-25-2013, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire_Down_Below View Post
Why not?

Turn you down for 3 ex wives and 4 kids.......

Preposterous!!

Are you drunk ? LOL

Old 09-25-2013, 06:18 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,950,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krieger00 View Post
Are you drunk ? LOL
Good you posted a short response.

That's too long of a thread.

If you are rich they don't care.

Old 09-25-2013, 06:49 PM

208 posts, read 372,430 times
Women turn down lifelong bachelors because they don't trust them.

Ha, he's never had a date, I bet something is wrong with him.

Ok, I'll make sure I ***k up your house next time.

Fire in the hole.........

Call Mr. Suave to fix it for yas. LOL

Old 09-25-2013, 06:58 PM

I want to date it just no time to date . I am no player by any means I think if told a girl I was busy she understand that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships