Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2013, 07:22 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,632,033 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by krieger00 View Post
Need to relax and find a girl that likes me for me . she just has to understand that college is number one in my life once it done she can be number one. I study for 4 hours a night and live at the library on my days off.
Yeah, you're talking to someone who worked full time while going to college to get her Aerospace Engineering degree. Also, my best friend is in college to get his BSN so I can say with confidence that his workload is nowhere near where my was and I had a surprising amount of free time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2013, 09:30 PM

3,009 posts, read 3,643,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Yeah, you're talking to someone who worked full time while going to college to get her Aerospace Engineering degree. Also, my best friend is in college to get his BSN so I can say with confidence that his workload is nowhere near where my was and I had a surprising amount of free time.

There is a lot riding on where or not i get in the program . It is a matter of life and death that i get in . I can not fail if i do i will never own a house , go an a real vocation out of the country and Mexico and Canada do not count . I will not get to have kids I will not bring kids into this world if i work retail. No woman worth wild will want to be with me long term I will not let her if i do not get in to the program.

I will not get to do all the other things in life I want to do .

I want to get back in the dating game but she got to understand college is > then her sorry I am not going to work a dead end job waiting to die vs dieing to live.

Old 10-01-2013, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Lots of women date guys who are in dead-end jobs, working their way through college. You're really talking your way out of datability, that's what you're doing. You've convinced yourself you're worthless, you're "in poverty", blah blah. You're wrong, but you seem determined to cling to that perspective. So you only have yourself to blame.

Well if i fall in love with a girl i might lose the drive to get college done.

Old 10-02-2013, 12:10 AM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Well if i fall in love with a girl i might lose the drive to get college done.
Then why are you so often complaining that you don't have money for dating? And why do you say you want to get into the dating game?

Last edited by Ruth4Truth; 10-02-2013 at 12:23 AM..

Old 10-02-2013, 12:16 AM

Quote:
There is a lot riding on where or not i get in the program . It is a matter of life and death that i get in . I can not fail if i do i will never own a house , go an a real vocation out of the country and Mexico and Canada do not count . I will not get to have kids I will not bring kids into this world if i work retail. No woman worth wild will want to be with me long term I will not let her if i do not get in to the program.

I will not get to do all the other things in life I want to do .

I want to get back in the dating game but she got to understand college is > then her sorry I am not going to work a dead end job waiting to die vs dieing to live.
Weird, because I know quite a few people who work in retail and they're in relationships or married...including my best friend. Oh, and a few of them own houses and have kids too. And 2 of my cousins are RNs and can't afford to buy a house and have part time jobs because they are having issues finding full time work....so just getting into the program may not be enough. Just trying to be realistic and I hope you aren't putting all your eggs in one basket with this program. Do you have a backup in case you don't get in? The community college near where I used to live had a 3 or 4 year waiting list to get into their RN program and it was a lottery...

Old 10-02-2013, 01:03 AM

3,963 posts, read 5,696,709 times
It's funny when I see married couple wage wars. I'm like "Well done for not falling into that".

Old 10-02-2013, 01:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Then why are you so often complaining that you don't have money for dating? And why do you say you want to get into the dating game?

just as long as she does not expect to go anywhere nice . It would be like meet up for drinks but i will drink water and let her have what ever she wants.

Old 10-02-2013, 01:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Weird, because I know quite a few people who work in retail and they're in relationships or married...including my best friend. Oh, and a few of them own houses and have kids too. And 2 of my cousins are RNs and can't afford to buy a house and have part time jobs because they are having issues finding full time work....so just getting into the program may not be enough. Just trying to be realistic and I hope you aren't putting all your eggs in one basket with this program. Do you have a backup in case you don't get in? The community college near where I used to live had a 3 or 4 year waiting list to get into their RN program and it was a lottery...
Well I am breaking the long trend of working dead end jobs and being average to below average in our family. I will not live life being one mistake away from being homeless sleeping in my car.

I am willing to bet the people you nkow have little to no money at the end of the month and can lose that house if something happens like a cut in one hours at work.

I am being realistic I do have a back up plan but i do not like it .

Working retail is not an option at all and i turned down a promotion and 10k more a year it is not worth it. Sure the money might me good at first but a crap job is for a long time.

when a woman ask what I do for a living i just lie to them .LOL I cant think of how to make reatil sound like a good job . I put box on shelf says to a woman well he is not going to go anywhere in life.

Old 10-02-2013, 01:38 AM

Quote:
Well I am breaking the long trend of working dead end jobs and being average to below average in our family. I will not live life being one mistake away from being homeless sleeping in my car.

I am willing to bet the people you nkow have little to no money at the end of the month and can lose that house if something happens like a cut in one hours at work.

I am being realistic I do have a back up plan but i do not like it .

Working retail is not an option at all and i turned down a promotion and 10k more a year it is not worth it. Sure the money might me good at first but a crap job is for a long time.

when a woman ask what I do for a living i just lie to them .LOL I cant think of how to make reatil sound like a good job . I put box on shelf says to a woman well he is not going to go anywhere in life.
Nope...one is an asst. manager at a Kohls and she makes 60k or so a year...the other is a manager at a Home Depot and makes similar money. Their hours are guaranteed because they're management. When I was a dept. supervisor my hours were also guaranteed. Most management hours are...

I've been interested in men who worked retail... it doesn't bother me. The last guy I was really interested in worked in the video game/music dept at a Best Buy...but he turned me down.

Just saying that if you are with a woman who demands money and possessions, you may not be get the ending you hope for.

Old 10-02-2013, 01:43 AM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Generally, women don't like liars. Why not tell them you're in retail and you're working your way through school? That's pretty admirable. Did you really need strangers on a forum to help you think of that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships