Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2013, 11:20 AM

69 posts, read 96,844 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_bob View Post
spent a half an hour on the phone with this girl

im happy with how it went despite the fact that she doesn't want a relationship with me or anyone at the moment , she told me she,s still not over a really bad relationship with someone from a while back

she wants to remain friends , I want us to be friends too , even we never get together , I liker her as a person , shes just a beautiful soul

I didn't realise she was having problems , that's why she was lukewarm this past few weeks

No offense intended; are you a drinker?

Is this girl #2 or ?? I am getting confused.

Does she have friends you can work on?

Next move? Let's keep this thread movin'~~

peace/DG 43
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2013, 10:57 AM

855 posts, read 1,385,220 times
Wow. Guidelines for telling someone that you actually like them? The moment I start have to contemplate and decipher when the precisd moment to tell a woman that I like her is when I stop dating completely altogether. I think this trepidation about when to tell someone that you like them way too nit-picky and silly for my tastes. I guess it explains those who go out on dates for the sake of dating, not necessarily liking the person they are dating. Waste of time if you ask me.

If I didn't like a woman, I wouldn't be going out on a date with her in the first place. Most of the time I can find one spark in a woman that will keep me interested long enough to find out if the fireworks will follow.

Old 10-17-2013, 11:26 AM

31,084 posts, read 22,107,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_bob View Post
spent close to a month chatting to a girl on a dating website before finally meeting her for a date last weekend , we had coffee , then extended our date to a bar until finally having a walk along the pier , she held my hand and when I said I hoped it wouldn't be our last date , she said she didn't think it would

thing is , she ruled out a date this weekend due to family stuff , she only communicates via text between dates and so I asked her via text if she wanted to see me again , she said she would like to meet again but wasn't sure what she wants going forward

heres the thing , I told her via text " I like her " and that I would like to get to know her better , I think I probabley came across like a total wuss and even I didn't , it was probably far too soon to say such a thing , I guess I thought it might help in securing another date

she also ruled out a date next weekend as she has a 5 mile run and cannot go out Friday night , shes into sport in a big way , im thinking I should just end it now , I made the mistake of spooking this girl by declaring that I like her so she probably thinks im too keen and that's nearly always the wrong way to get a woman to like you
"I told her via text " I like her " and that I would like to get to know her better"
Totally safe and appropriate at this stage.

"she said she would like to meet again but wasn't sure what she wants going forward"
Mixed message....Possible Red flag for a couple of reasons; She is confused or she just is not really into you. Whether that is influenced by the relationship that she just got out of, her Ill father, or an unknown is not known, but you can always find out.

Edit: didn't read the last page. Sounds like you found out.

Old 10-17-2013, 12:40 PM

2,826 posts, read 3,994,891 times
I like to take girls to McDonald's on a first date. After dinner, if I like them I will propose with an onion ring so they know I am serious.

Old 10-17-2013, 01:16 PM

7,855 posts, read 10,295,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
"I told her via text " I like her " and that I would like to get to know her better"
Totally safe and appropriate at this stage.

"she said she would like to meet again but wasn't sure what she wants going forward"
Mixed message....Possible Red flag for a couple of reasons; She is confused or she just is not really into you. Whether that is influenced by the relationship that she just got out of, her Ill father, or an unknown is not known, but you can always find out.

Edit: didn't read the last page. Sounds like you found out.

the girl has issues , she opened up to me the other night by phone and told me shes not ready for dating let alone a relationship at the moment , I believe her , their is no chance of us ever being romantically involved however , that I know , I told her I didn't care how slow things moved , she more or less told me all she has to offer me is her friendship

shes a beautiful person who has unresolved anxiety issues at the moment , I was touched how she opened up to me , I told her I was happy to be friends , ive since thought about it though and realised it wouldn't do either of us any good by staying in contact as friends , I have feelings for her and they are not shared by her in return

Old 10-17-2013, 01:24 PM

1,637 posts, read 2,631,791 times
The earlier you tell her the more money that you will have to spend on her

Old 10-17-2013, 01:40 PM

7,235 posts, read 7,043,473 times
Every time I read stories about these "formulas" for calling and texting and whatnot, I just shake my head. When two people really like each other, it's just not that hard or that calculated. Really, it's not.

Old 10-17-2013, 02:03 PM

7,855 posts, read 10,295,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
Every time I read stories about these "formulas" for calling and texting and whatnot, I just shake my head. When two people really like each other, it's just not that hard or that calculated. Really, it's not.
the girl wasn't as fond of me as I was - am of her , I told her I liked her to make her realise I was serious , I don't think I spooked her , even I never said anything , the girl was calling a halt to dating for a while , shes not long out of a bad breakup and has deleted her online dating profile , I guess I was a test run to see if she was ready to get back on the horse

I was out with another girl since but I didn't feel anything like the same , she also ended it but I didn't care
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships