Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2014, 11:47 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
We'll tackle the third one another time.
That's what past statistics have shown re: divorce. Current statistics show the divorce rate has declined; 40% for first-time marriages, 50% for second marriages, 60% for third marriages. Averages out to about 50%.

Old 04-16-2014, 12:18 AM

48,532 posts, read 34,863,037 times
Quote:
Okay. let's take 'em one at a time:

You didn't cite the type of relationship. I maintain that, in general, (please don't make these sound like I'm saying "across the board"--I'm not) in general, women can get into a relationship much easier than a man can. Below-average-looking nice guys, the kind that populate this board, find it terribly difficult to get a female interested in them. Have you not seen that fact demonstrated on this board? In general, they just don't provide the "zing" that a girl of average intelligence is looking for in a guy. zentropa, you're probably way above average intelligence, which is why it's hard for you to relate to this, but average intelligence girls just find "bad boys" more exciting to be with.

This IS a fact: would it surprise you to know that the homosexual population is about 4x's the lesbian population

Surprised? You shouldn't be. Men, being sexual creatures, will take sex where they can find it. If they cannot find it with women homosexual panic sets in, but eventually many of them will turn to other men for sex and relationships. Prison sex bears this fact out.

The High Failure Rate of Second and Third Marriages | Psychology Today

We'll tackle the third one another time.

Your OWN citation states two studies one with 4x more men, the other equal to women. Why do you highlight one, and ignore the other?

Agenda much?
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 04-16-2014, 08:31 AM

18,250 posts, read 16,924,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Your OWN citation states two studies one with 4x more men, the other equal to women. Why do you highlight one, and ignore the other?

Agenda much?
No, I try to be non-biased. Sometimes I slip. That's why I highlighted the part about the person's own observation in his/her city. Statistics get skewered all the time but i think an in-depth study would reveal that there really are more gays than lesbians.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
That's what past statistics have shown re: divorce. Current statistics show the divorce rate has declined; 40% for first-time marriages, 50% for second marriages, 60% for third marriages. Averages out to about 50%.
I stand corrected.

Old 04-16-2014, 08:37 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,974,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post

40% was the peak of first marriage divorce rates, in the early 80s.

Now is about 30% (well, in the early 00s it was). Yup, 70% of first marriages DO NOT end in divorce. The sky is, amazingly, not falling.

Old 04-16-2014, 09:46 AM

27,570 posts, read 28,673,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nearnorth View Post
Many of my experiences in Asia and Europe indicate otherwise.
Are you kidding? Engineers are practically WORSHIPPED in Asian culture.

It is one of the few professions that will get a man to literally hand over his daughter to you for marriage. Lol.

Old 04-16-2014, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
Are you kidding? Engineers are practically WORSHIPPED in Asian culture.

It is one of the few professions that will get a man to literally hand over his daughter to you for marriage. Lol.
This has been my observation as well. And engineering used to be a very prestigious field in Russia, as well. Not sure about now, maybe it still is. It still is in parts of Europe.

Old 04-16-2014, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Agenda much?
Totally.

Old 04-16-2014, 01:43 PM

589 posts, read 639,200 times
Quote:
Statistics get skewered all the time but i think an in-depth study would reveal that there really are more gays than lesbians.

Homosexuality is homosexuality. And since the population of men and women is almost equal, the percentages are going to be roughly the same. Then you have to factor in those who are closeted or bisexual. There's nothing that proves there's more gay men than gay women. The homosexuality population is estimated at anywhere from 2-10%, depending on who you ask. I personally think it's around 5%. But point being, nothing suggests there's more gay men than gay women.

Old 04-19-2014, 04:14 AM

52 posts, read 58,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Is this a bad thing? I mean, if these numbers are correct, do you see it as a negative?
Well the remaining 60 percent are not going to be happy....Some may even lash out as we have seen over the last 2 decades (through unhappy men have been lashing out since the dawn of time and also during even strict monogamy)

I don't really think I believe the 80/40 rule or whatever as that seems to dramatic....But it's definitely more skewed against Men for sure and Feminism and the Sexual revolution clearly benefits more Masculine men imo.

Here's an interesting take on the psychology behind the Norwegan terrorist Anders Brevik....This author doesn't think "hatred" of Muslims influenced him at all......He thinks Brevik was your classic loner outcast without a mate/Girlfriend who hated the "popular kids" aka the Kids at the youth camp for having what he could not have (friends, girlfriends, fun etc).

Imitatio: Understanding Breivik

Brevik also despised Feminism.....I'm thinking mainly because he feared that if more women were given total choice and freedom in the mating game that they would reject someone like him...So he saw the feminist movement as a real threat to him as a man and his reproductive chances....He was highly in favor of returning to traditional male dominated house holds where females were unable to work and marry without their fathers permission.

Old 04-19-2014, 04:28 AM

52 posts, read 58,195 times
Quote:
Fuzzy logic. He may be dating all those girls for various time periods, but the girls are dating other guys too.

He didn't "use up" their prime years.

What's wrong? Feel like you have not had what you feel is your right to a GF?
Alot of men DO feel that they have a right to a GF (I don't believe this, but it's obvious) and that's because men are highly driven to mate and pass on their genes, but it's much less guaranteed than it is for a Female....and since Women choose the Men and not the other way around their are always going to be many more left out men than women (which is not fair either)....So obviously if more Men are left out....More are going to be bitter and angry....If the roles were reversed and Men choose Women than more Women would be left out and more Women would be bitter and angry....Please stop acting like this is a shocking concept or based on "Male Entitlement"......More men are left out of the mating field and that's why there are more bitter men than women....Not because of Male "entitlement" or whatever feminist nonsense.

Plus on a dark note men who don't find Mates often feel completely unobliged to follow societies rules (like the aforementioned Brevik) and that's not a good thing for any society or anyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships