Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2013, 03:47 PM

855 posts, read 1,384,717 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragazza2011 View Post
Thank you for all of your responses.

I have said those words at the mixer, "It's been nice chatting, excuse me." And I walk away and turn my back from them the rest of the night. This one creep followed me around the room and actually asked for my number. I told him I did not want to exchange numbers. Then he proceeded to find my profile on Meet-up and send MULTIPLE MESSAGES, even after I told him I wasn't interested!

I appreciate the feedback from everyone.
Do remember that some guys are more persistent than others and won't quit on trying to hit it with you. The solution is not to get mean about immediately but continue being polite about it and keep saying you're not interested. Be a little bit more firm maybe or do a total disappearing act after you have made it clear to him.

Once upon a time, women weren't so quick to creepstamp a guy who was persistent in trying to talk. It was called wooing at one time. I can take a hint but I'm definitely a lot more careful about who I approach. Harrassment comes next and her word usually has a lot more carrying power against a guys word.

Co*k-blocking usually works, especially when you have more than one wingwoman to help you get rid of the guy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2013, 05:12 PM

1,035 posts, read 2,061,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragazza2011 View Post
Abc 123
Bippety boop.

Old 10-22-2013, 12:01 AM

6,657 posts, read 7,756,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shortnblack View Post
Do remember that some guys are more persistent than others and won't quit on trying to hit it with you. The solution is not to get mean about immediately but continue being polite about it and keep saying you're not interested. Be a little bit more firm maybe or do a total disappearing act after you have made it clear to him.

Once upon a time, women weren't so quick to creepstamp a guy who was persistent in trying to talk. It was called wooing at one time. I can take a hint but I'm definitely a lot more careful about who I approach. Harrassment comes next and her word usually has a lot more carrying power against a guys word.

Co*k-blocking usually works, especially when you have more than one wingwoman
Lol you want to know the real definition of creep or creepy? Its unattractive lol. If it was the perfect 10 doing the same behaviors then its acceptable or ok lol. If a guy is persistent but unattractive its harrasment. But if he is attractive its confidence

Old 10-22-2013, 02:06 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,464,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberphonics View Post
Bippety boop.

and don't forget to finish your soup

Old 10-22-2013, 02:27 AM

6,319 posts, read 7,244,230 times
After a few decades of this you sort of get totally beyond it all.

For example, I had some creep hit on me on the weekend. I was at the club minding my own business and he came and sat down and started talking. Anyway I just tried to ignore him, playing on my phone, he was drunk and fugly and just gross. My friend came back then he started talking to her about me. He said something like "I think she's getting annoyed" because I was still playing my solitaire just wishing he would go away.

I said to him, not yet but im getting there. You would think this would be enough but no.

Richard Cranium still didn't get the hint so I got up and went back inside. Just walked off and left him to it, right in mid sentence about how he found me quite rude playing my phone when he was trying to chat me up.

The care factor was lower than zero.

Old 10-22-2013, 02:40 AM

6,657 posts, read 7,756,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post

For example, I had some creep hit on me on the weekend. I was at the club minding my own business and he came and sat down and started talking. Anyway I just tried to ignore him, playing on my phone, he was drunk and fugly and just gross. My friend came back then he started talking to her about me. He said something like "I think she's getting annoyed" because I was still playing my solitaire just wishing he would go away.

I said to him, not yet but im getting there. You would think this would be enough but no.

Richard Cranium still didn't get the hint so I got up and went back inside. Just walked off and left him to it, right in mid sentence about how he found me quite rude playing my phone when he was trying to chat me up.

But the same rude behavior(s) would of been ok if he wasnt fugly right? lets say if he was a nine on your scale?

Old 10-22-2013, 11:03 AM

5,324 posts, read 6,102,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post

exhibit a that if youre ugly and hit on a women chances are good youll be called a creep for approaching

Old 10-22-2013, 11:35 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,974,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shortnblack View Post

True. My brother pursued his now wife for a solid year before she warmed up to him. She told her friends that she thought he was arrogant (that was the nice way of putting it). Well, now married 15 years with 2 kids.

Old 10-22-2013, 02:45 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,244,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
exhibit a that if youre ugly and hit on a women chances are good youll be called a creep for approaching

I wouldn't care if he was George Clooney.

He was rude, insensitive, and invading my space.

He was also rolling drunk.

If he hadn't been so disrespectful, rude and bleary eyed, I would probably have enjoyed talking to him and perhaps even been charmed by him enough to be persuaded to have a date with him.

But guess what? He was disrespectful, rude and bleary eyed so he didn't even get asked to sit down.

It's his behaviour that labels him a creep, not his looks.

Old 10-22-2013, 03:32 PM

1,003 posts, read 1,612,240 times
Quote:
It's his behaviour that labels him a creep, not his looks.
Completely agree with you!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships