Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2013, 06:08 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,545,203 times

Advertisements

What kind of stuff is it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2013, 08:30 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,405,006 times
Meh, drop at her door, dont say a word, dont look in her house, dont make drama. Walk off. If you feel you MUST say something say "heres your stuff drop me a line if I missed anything"

Old 10-28-2013, 02:31 AM

16,489 posts, read 24,500,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jzcrandall View Post
I had a girlfriend for all of two weeks before things ended. How do I know things ended? She's stopped talking to me, and she's active on the online dating sites. However, I still have some items of her's that I need to get back to her. What's the best way to do this? Should I just leave it at her door, or should I confront her in person? I'm not bitter about it, and I don't have any hung-up feelings for her; I do take issue with how childish she handled things, but if she doesn't want to be with me that's her loss.
I'd mail it to her and stay as impersonal as I could about it.

Old 10-28-2013, 02:52 AM

19,969 posts, read 30,265,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencrayola View Post
I'd mail it to her and stay as impersonal as I could about it.

impersonal?? why make it easy if you got dumped? at least get a laugh out of it..

i once mailed back panties, with a note- "i think these are your panties, , i asked my mom to get the stains out-we did the best we could"

I told mom she almost got a chance to meet you-my mom said she hopes you are feeling better..

Old 10-28-2013, 03:07 AM

1,203 posts, read 4,086,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jzcrandall View Post
I had a girlfriend for all of two weeks before things ended. How do I know things ended? She's stopped talking to me, and she's active on the online dating sites. However, I still have some items of her's that I need to get back to her. What's the best way to do this? Should I just leave it at her door, or should I confront her in person? I'm not bitter about it, and I don't have any hung-up feelings for her; I do take issue with how childish she handled things, but if she doesn't want to be with me that's her loss.

1 - How is she your girlfriend if you only dated two weeks?

2 - How can you have a nasty breakup if you've barely had any time to become emotionally invested in the "relationship"?

Old 10-28-2013, 03:12 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,210,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Meh, drop at her door, dont say a word, dont look in her house, dont make drama. Walk off. If you feel you MUST say something say "heres your stuff drop me a line if I missed anything"
I did this to a guy I saw for years. Just dumped it on the front porch and left. The next day there was a knock on my door with a sherrif's agent serving me with papers for stalking. Of course the judge thought it was a friggin' joke and I stated I didn't believe the court of law was established to help make it easier for someone to break up with someone when a phone call would suffice - he just didn't want to finalize it. In fact this jacknut actually called me a year later to try again - fat friggin chance. I mean it was painfully obvious by dumping his stuff off I was done with him I didn't need a judge to decide that. He just wanted the last word.

My suggestion is to take a Polaroid of what you left and how you left it. Or just stay the hell away from her house completely.

Old 10-28-2013, 07:35 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,933,779 times
If its worth more than 10 bucks, put it in a package and use UPS. Or just drop it at her doorstep when you know she'll be gone.

Old 10-28-2013, 07:57 AM

334 posts, read 717,118 times
Giving stuff back after a nasty breakup

Put it in a box, put it by her door, ring the bell, then leave.

Old 10-28-2013, 07:59 AM

45,501 posts, read 60,718,893 times
How much stuff would you have after two weeks? Really?

It also doesn't sound "nasty". She just stopped seeing you.

Old 10-28-2013, 08:33 AM

9,130 posts, read 20,038,446 times
I would not stress about it. Throw the stuff in a box in your closet for a while. If you never hear from her again. Pitch it. If you do, give it back. Big deal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships