Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2013, 01:15 PM

709 posts, read 1,131,093 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe'sTavern View Post
Ok..well, if this isn't some poorly veiled attempt at misogyny, then why not ask "Do most people consider themselves honest?"
Mostly because I don't date men.. so I really don't care what they do in their relationships.

Also I love women. The fact that they lie a lot is half the fun of dealing with them. Makes things more exciting actually.

Old 11-02-2013, 01:16 PM

29,755 posts, read 34,434,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Collateral View Post
Mostly because I don't date men.. so I really don't care what they do in their relationships.

Also I love women. The fact that they lie a lot is half the fun of dealing with them. Makes things more exciting actually.
But you just admitted that you and your friends lie a lot, so it's not a woman thing.

Old 11-02-2013, 01:18 PM

3,187 posts, read 5,156,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
But you just admitted that you and your friends lie a lot, so it's not a woman thing.

It's an everybody thing. Some just do it much more than others. I don't think I'm a huge liar, but I definitely lie from time to time. Anybody over the age of twenty (unless retarded or something) has lied multiple times. I dare anyone to come on here and say that they have never lied. Anybody?

Last edited by supermanpansy; 11-02-2013 at 01:28 PM..

Old 11-02-2013, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
It doesn't matter. This thread is about women that lie. So that is what we are talking about.

Old 11-02-2013, 01:29 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,730,327 times
Quote:
I believe women do it more than men. Yes.

Most guys I know get very offended by the idea of lying to women. All the men I know who lie to women (including me) have a lot more success with women than the honest men.
Why do you believe that women lie more than men? The men you know could easily be lying to you.

Old 11-02-2013, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Why do you believe that women lie more than men? The men you know could easily be lying to you.
All the stuff I listed in the OP on the first page. Men don't do those things nearly as much (if at all).

Besides.. what's with the lack of ownership here? Rather than embracing the fact that women lie a lot.. you choose instead to down play it by saying men lie too.

If your son robs a bank.. will you say: "Well other people rob banks too so why are you arresting him?"

I admitted I lie. You can too.

Old 11-02-2013, 01:41 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,188,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermanpansy View Post
Not just woman, all people. I've never met one person including my own dear mother who teaches sunday school and goes to church every sunday who hasn't lied at least a few hundred times in their life. I myself admit that I lie to get out of trouble, spare people pain and just sometimes for dumb reasons. But I would never claim that I don't lie. Anybody who tells me that they never lie, is in my opinion a liar.
There is a difference between telling a lie here and there and being a liar. I lied to a guy at a pest control company just the other week. I told him we had decided to hold off on getting pest control but we really had gone with another company. I felt bad about it - even though I know he's just doing his job. He was so nice! But do I lie in the ways that the OP listed -

Quote:
- Lies through omission (leaving out information that will let the man make an educated decision)
- Acting (pretending you have a headache to avoid sex. Flirting to get him to buy you stuff. Emotional dishonestly)
- Manipulation (If you loved me you would do this. Are your friends more important than me? Silent treatment. Waiting to respond to calls/texts)
No. My relationships are built on trust - and you can't have trust if you lie all the time.

Old 11-02-2013, 01:42 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,188,694 times
Quote:
All the stuff I listed in the OP on the first page. Men don't do those things nearly as much (if at all).

Besides.. what's with the lack of ownership here? Rather than embracing the fact that women lie a lot.. you choose instead to down play it by saying men lie too.

If your son robs a bank.. will you say: "Well other people rob banks too so why are you arresting him?"

You have basically started a thread saying, "Women are liars. If you are honest - you will admit to being a liar. If you say you are not a liar - you are a liar."

What a great thread.

Old 11-02-2013, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
You have basically started a thread saying, "Women are liars. If you are honest - you will admit to being a liar. If you say you are not a liar - you are a liar."

What a great thread.
I made a thread asking if most women consider themselves honest people. Rather than answering that question.. people instead chose to go the "How dare you!" route.

I have no control over that.

Old 11-02-2013, 01:50 PM

3,187 posts, read 5,156,585 times
Quote:

I don't think that she's implying that she doesn't lie, I think she's saying that it isn't gender specific. I could see how woman might lie more only because most men are stronger. It could be out of fear. For many years, woman were in a position to be a bit mousy. If there is any truth that woman lie more, which I personally don't believe, it could be for the fact that many woman were forced to play a more submissive role. Keeping their personal views more to themselves. Then again, maybe my hypothesis is garbage! Either way, who cares? We all lie sometimes!

Don't be mad at me, that's how we are all created/ flawed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships