Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2013, 10:01 AM

12,573 posts, read 15,572,904 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cakmke View Post
Background info: I have known the man (49 yr old, i'm 43) for about 5 years. He owns a business in the area that I frequent. Whenever I go, we'll say hey and chit chat ...etc. I like him and I'm from the old school where the guy should initiate more. (ask for #/date...)

Well about two or three months ago he did and said he'd give me a call. a month went by and no word, so I thought he just wasn't interested and blew it off. Then one day he saw a friend of mine and told her that he forgot to call me. So about a week later he calls, we went on date and had a great time. He called couple of days later said he had a good time and asked if i'd like to do it again and I said sure. He said "that's the right answer" and he'd call shortly. That was a month ago, no word yet, again.
i'm assuming he's just not that interested. some things he said on our date surprised me though, like when he said "maybe you're the catholic girl I've been waiting for all my life" and later he said "we belong together because we complement each other so well" why would he say these things and screw with my mind/ feelings; when he called after our date he said I could call him if I think of something to do in the mean time. I called day before yesterday, he didn't answer. left voice mail, hasn't returned call. go figure.....
He was fishing and depending on your response or lack of he may have decided you weren't the one.
Oh, even "old school" people are inconsiderate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2013, 10:03 AM

826 posts, read 1,894,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakmke View Post
Background info: I have known the man (49 yr old, i'm 43) for about 5 years. He owns a business in the area that I frequent. Whenever I go, we'll say hey and chit chat ...etc. I like him and I'm from the old school where the guy should initiate more. (ask for #/date...)

Well about two or three months ago he did and said he'd give me a call. a month went by and no word, so I thought he just wasn't interested and blew it off. Then one day he saw a friend of mine and told her that he forgot to call me. So about a week later he calls, we went on date and had a great time. He called couple of days later said he had a good time and asked if i'd like to do it again and I said sure. He said "that's the right answer" and he'd call shortly. That was a month ago, no word yet, again.
i'm assuming he's just not that interested. some things he said on our date surprised me though, like when he said "maybe you're the catholic girl I've been waiting for all my life" and later he said "we belong together because we complement each other so well" why would he say these things and screw with my mind/ feelings; when he called after our date he said I could call him if I think of something to do in the mean time. I called day before yesterday, he didn't answer. left voice mail, hasn't returned call. go figure.....
What you need to take away from this experience is that this guy is consistently, INCONSISTENT.
His actions show that he has a pattern of promising to call but then failing to do so.
How many more examples do you need before you get this?
Cut him loose. There are other guys who won't treat you like this.

Old 11-10-2013, 11:18 AM

10,363 posts, read 20,809,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagemomma View Post
Seriously? the guy says he 'forgot' to call and you say he must have ADD or auditory processing disorder? Statistically speaking, it is more likely that he is just an ordinary alcoholic, if you really need a reason or excuse for his behavior.

But you don't: He said he would call, he didn't. The OP called, he didn't call back. Doesn't take a diagnosis to understand that, whatever the reason, He Just Isn't That In To You.
No I'm not saying that's what happened but offering it as one possible explanation based on the way he behaved before and based on my experience with a man who honestly thought that I had not replied back when he messaged me on FB and then expected me to email the answer back. He was really miffed about that and it took some talking to help him see that if you send a message on FB and you want an answer back, you should look for it on FB. LOL, he's not a dumb guy either--quite bright really--but probably has ADD. Not sure though. Honestly, I have it myself and if I'm interested I'm not going to forget to call someone back but everyone is different. If this is his problem and he thinks the OP missed a date, then he may not call back b/c he's thinking she's not that into him. Yes, it's a bit farfetched, but I've seen it happen is all. Otherwise I tend to agree that he's not really showing enough interest. The fact that he owns a business is also what makes me think he might be ADD--they are more likely than the general population to go create their own jobs and be more independent minded.

Old 11-10-2013, 07:50 PM

6,732 posts, read 10,001,571 times
Who cares what this dude's messed up reasons are? He's clearly not dying to go out with you again; that's all you need to know.

Find a guy who is crazy about you and can't go two days without seeing you, and about whom you feel the same.

Old 11-10-2013, 08:01 PM

5,135 posts, read 4,490,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
Who cares what this dude's messed up reasons are? He's clearly not dying to go out with you again; that's all you need to know.

Find a guy who is crazy about you and can't go two days without seeing you, and about whom you feel the same.

^^^^ This.

Old 11-10-2013, 08:18 PM

48,540 posts, read 34,904,021 times
Players can only play if you participate.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 11-11-2013, 06:23 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,643,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn07 View Post
I don't know what to tell you

Same sort of thing happened to me. First date he said let's pray before we eat and he said the prayer. I saw that as a good sign since I am a Christian. He told our server that I was the future Mrs. He also had said we compliment each other so well, isn't this the best date you have ever been on. We went out a few more times then close to two months later he disappeared on me.
What the heck?

I don't get men. He called me out of the blue this summer after 7 months of no contact.
I ended up speaking to him in September. I saw him once this past month to try to give him a second chance but I just don't trust him now.

I hope for your sake things work out better for you. You don't deserve this kind of treatment. I know it hurts.
Hopefully he has a really good explanation for you and that you can work on things.
But if not there is still a great man out there for you.
That's actually pretty easy to figure out... he liked you, but someone 'better' came along so he ditched you and went with the other woman. When that didn't work out (7 months later) he came back to you hoping you'd have forgotten about the disappearance and would want to go out with him again.

This has happened to me a lot. Don't give him a second chance... he'll just ditch out on you the second a better prospect comes along.

Old 11-11-2013, 06:29 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,734,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Its probably because you didn't put out on the first date
How do you know if they had sex, or not?

Old 11-11-2013, 06:40 AM

2,826 posts, read 3,995,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn07 View Post
I don't know what to tell you

Same sort of thing happened to me. First date he said let's pray before we eat and he said the prayer. I saw that as a good sign since I am a Christian. He told our server that I was the future Mrs.
On the first date? Isn't that a bit creepy/clingy sounding?

Old 11-11-2013, 06:42 AM

1,883 posts, read 2,522,886 times
People in general can act like this. I have had it happen to me a few times. Go on a few dates, everything seems to be going well, at times I have heard they never went out with a guy so nice, and can't believe I am still single, and can't wait to see me again, and then just vanish. I leave a message, send a text, no response...so that is my answer. A few of them like a month or two afterwards have tried to contact me back, but I never responded. When I first got into dating it used to bother me a lot, now I just accept it as this is the way people are now, and just move on. Too many other things to worry about, then concern myself with someone who doesn't want to even talk to me, let alone be with me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships