Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2013, 08:22 AM

92 posts, read 166,575 times

Advertisements

Background info: I have known the man (49 yr old, i'm 43) for about 5 years. He owns a business in the area that I frequent. Whenever I go, we'll say hey and chit chat ...etc. I like him and I'm from the old school where the guy should initiate more. (ask for #/date...)

Well about two or three months ago he did and said he'd give me a call. a month went by and no word, so I thought he just wasn't interested and blew it off. Then one day he saw a friend of mine and told her that he forgot to call me. So about a week later he calls, we went on date and had a great time. He called couple of days later said he had a good time and asked if i'd like to do it again and I said sure. He said "that's the right answer" and he'd call shortly. That was a month ago, no word yet, again.
i'm assuming he's just not that interested. some things he said on our date surprised me though, like when he said "maybe you're the catholic girl I've been waiting for all my life" and later he said "we belong together because we complement each other so well" why would he say these things and screw with my mind/ feelings; when he called after our date he said I could call him if I think of something to do in the mean time. I called day before yesterday, he didn't answer. left voice mail, hasn't returned call. go figure.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2013, 08:38 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,855,270 times
Um by your age you should spot a player. Like you said if he's interested, he will make contact.

Old 11-10-2013, 08:43 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,644,862 times
He's not really interested -- simple as that. Don't waste too much time thinking about this.

Old 11-10-2013, 08:51 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,339,729 times
Its probably because you didn't put out on the first date

Old 11-10-2013, 08:55 AM

10,363 posts, read 20,797,076 times
Looking at this from my perspective it would seem the guy has extreme AD/HD b/c that's how they behave sometimes. They really do like you but they seem to have no idea that a month has gone by and they tend to have a hard time picking up the phone. Or they make a date and get the date wrong and he may be stewing over there thinking you forgot the date. I know this sounds farfetched but believe me it's not--I could launch into a long explanation of auditory processing disorder and how they think they heard it but got it all messed up, but I'll desist. I had one friend mad at me b/c he messaged me on facebook and I answered on FB but then he was looking for an email and forgot to check FB. It was quite comical but we got it all straightened out.

If I were you and it was OK with me to be in a relationship with someone with these annoying qualities (it takes a special person) then I think you should reach out but just in case you misread, do it in a friendly way b/c it sounds like you two have at least enough to make a friendship if nothing else. I'd say go wait a few days or a week then go see him at his store so you can read his body language. Play it cool. See what comes of it and then you can stop wondering. If you get it straightened out and it turns out that I'm right, then make sure you text him the date so he has it in writing, rather than making arrangements on the phone.

Old 11-10-2013, 08:55 AM

2,546 posts, read 6,875,361 times
I don't know what to tell you

Same sort of thing happened to me. First date he said let's pray before we eat and he said the prayer. I saw that as a good sign since I am a Christian. He told our server that I was the future Mrs. He also had said we compliment each other so well, isn't this the best date you have ever been on. We went out a few more times then close to two months later he disappeared on me.
What the heck?

I don't get men. He called me out of the blue this summer after 7 months of no contact.
I ended up speaking to him in September. I saw him once this past month to try to give him a second chance but I just don't trust him now.

I hope for your sake things work out better for you. You don't deserve this kind of treatment. I know it hurts.
Hopefully he has a really good explanation for you and that you can work on things.
But if not there is still a great man out there for you.

Old 11-10-2013, 09:03 AM

32,647 posts, read 48,028,221 times
The man owns and runs a business. He is capable of making a date and keeping it.

He's feeding you lines that have either been successful in the past, or else they are lines that he has been told by other men can be counted on to be successful.. With the long times between contacts, it is possible that he is married, or at least spending his time and energy elsewhere.

OP, if you want an occasional, very rare, casual date, this guy is available for that sort of relationship. If you are looking for a committed relationship, I suggest that you keep looking, because you won't get it with this dude.

Just a suggestion: never accept an empty promise as real emotional currency.

Old 11-10-2013, 09:18 AM

2,728 posts, read 2,699,416 times
Lucky are those ones who does not know this kind of men.

Men does this for example to get in to her pants, to feed their ego, to gain reputation among friends and to keep handful of women who are ready for services if needed. And there always will be more and better talks to get you back to believe there could be something between you 2.

When once you see his words means nothing, they will never mean. (or if you are the lucky one "he will change" )

Cure: stop believing what men are saying and only believe what you see them doing.

Old 11-10-2013, 09:20 AM

6,885 posts, read 7,889,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
Looking at this from my perspective it would seem the guy has extreme AD/HD b/c that's how they behave sometimes. They really do like you but they seem to have no idea that a month has gone by and they tend to have a hard time picking up the phone. Or they make a date and get the date wrong and he may be stewing over there thinking you forgot the date. I know this sounds farfetched but believe me it's not--I could launch into a long explanation of auditory processing disorder and how they think they heard it but got it all messed up, but I'll desist. I had one friend mad at me b/c he messaged me on facebook and I answered on FB but then he was looking for an email and forgot to check FB. It was quite comical but we got it all straightened out.

If I were you and it was OK with me to be in a relationship with someone with these annoying qualities (it takes a special person) then I think you should reach out but just in case you misread, do it in a friendly way b/c it sounds like you two have at least enough to make a friendship if nothing else. I'd say go wait a few days or a week then go see him at his store so you can read his body language. Play it cool. See what comes of it and then you can stop wondering. If you get it straightened out and it turns out that I'm right, then make sure you text him the date so he has it in writing, rather than making arrangements on the phone.
Seriously? the guy says he 'forgot' to call and you say he must have ADD or auditory processing disorder? Statistically speaking, it is more likely that he is just an ordinary alcoholic, if you really need a reason or excuse for his behavior.

But you don't: He said he would call, he didn't. The OP called, he didn't call back. Doesn't take a diagnosis to understand that, whatever the reason, He Just Isn't That In To You.

Old 11-10-2013, 09:54 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,855,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Its probably because you didn't put out on the first date
*smack* You are bad! Lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships