Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2013, 04:57 PM

2,472 posts, read 4,213,936 times

Advertisements

I'd love to hear how people figure out the percentages for women rejecting short men.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2013, 04:58 PM

1,660 posts, read 2,534,651 times
Manlets vs Manmores...the great battle of our time...

Old 11-13-2013, 04:59 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slanderous View Post
I'm 5'7 and 1/2 and I can't recall it ever directly affecting my dating life. But hey, it's cool to whine about being short so women hate us and will never give us a chance!!!!!
I don't consider this short. I tend to gravitate towards men who are around my height (5'7" + 1/2), though any height will do. Short, tall, in-between, it's all good. Personality is key.

Old 11-13-2013, 05:00 PM

81 posts, read 145,091 times
Men by far. Most men can't afford to have high standards for looks.

Old 11-13-2013, 05:02 PM

3,138 posts, read 2,780,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
What is up with all this stupid threads? What is the point? All this does is give an outlet for bitter guys to come on here and bash women."YES! THAT'S TRUE! WOMEN ARE SHALLOWER THAN MEN! ALL WOMEN CARE IS LOOKS! IT ISN'T MY FAULT THAT WOMEN DON'T LIKE ME - I'M NOT TALL ENOUGH/MUSCULAR ENOUGH/HOT ENOUGH/ETC.!!!"

There is no point. Because here's the thing - every PERSON is different. For instance, I don't have a physical type. I never had preferences OR requirements for physical looks. Do I represent all women? No. NOBODY DOES!

Get over it.
Here, here, Dewdrop! I agree. These threads always turn into a back and forth, and in the end, get shut down by the moderators because the discussions turn into gender-bashing arguments.

I'm not sure why they keep popping up.

As a side note, I figure that if you're in a healthy, happy relationship, you wouldn't need/want to start a thread attempting to prove/disprove one generalization vs. the next (shortnblack this isn't directed to you personally but just a comment about these types of threads. No offense, sweety ).

Old 11-13-2013, 05:05 PM

2,472 posts, read 4,213,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I don't consider this short. I tend to gravitate towards men who are around my height (5'7" + 1/2), though any height will do. Short, tall, in-between, it's all good. Personality is key.
I don't really consider myself that short, either. On the basketball court I've felt like a midget, but that's expected. But from some posts on this forum, guys under 6 feet tall are short and automatically going to have bad luck with women. It boggles the mind, and I've dated women from about 5'3 to 5'10.

Old 11-13-2013, 05:09 PM

5,324 posts, read 6,101,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krieger00 View Post
Men get and go after woman they can afford and woman attract the best looking guy they can get by using there looks.
Id say thats accurate and why most couples are pretty evenly matched..Im guessing the people who say looks dont matter to them at all probably cant afford to be picky about looks so its not the case that theyre so much less shallow then the next person they just cant afford to be..

Old 11-13-2013, 05:17 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floppage View Post
If you're 5'11", 5'10" or even 5'9", you can still be considered hot if you have a handsome face. Once you get into the 5'8" and 5'7" range, you're noticeably short and thus not sexually attractive to 90% of women, no matter how good of facial features and hair you have.

"Balding" is a very loose term. Roger Federer has a receded hairline, but looks good because he still has enough thick, wavy hair to style appropriately. Anderson Cooper has a quasi-combover that looks good on his sparkly light grey hair. Daniel Craig has lost like 60% of his hair on top, but still looks good. I think that most guys can lose 1/2 their hair on top and still look good if they style the remaining 1/2 well. The problem is when you lose almost all of it on top. That makes you look radically disfigured.

In summary, if you're 5'9"+ and haven't lose all you're hair, you can still look good as a guy.

I've been shaving my entire head since I was 25 and it never held me back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
So? I saw a lot of 'no fatties'. Everyone has their preferences. I mean, I didn't see a lot of profiles that specifically said 'no women over __ height' but I sure got a lot of rejections based on my height.
I've seen many dozens, if not hundreds of profiles female friends have shown me, and never seen a "no fatties" in them. They do say someone in shape, which is a reasonable request if one is into physical pursuits. I see the 6' requirement in over 50% of female profiles.

Old 11-13-2013, 05:56 PM

52 posts, read 111,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrunoMars View Post
Can you please provide the factual evidence you have to back up this claim? Are you sure its 90% and not 89%? How can you be sure its 90%? What if I'm 5 foot 8.5 inches tall? Does that mean that as I'm outwith the 5'8" range women will automatically find me attractive?
I think there's a definite point of inflection somewhere between 5'7" and 5'10". Of course this isn't down to an exact science. I'm just making general observations, and I threw the number 90% out there as an estimate.

Old 11-13-2013, 06:01 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,996,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shortnblack View Post
Men have preferences and women have requirements. True or False?
A bit too black and white, since men also have requirements too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships