Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2013, 04:26 PM

5 posts, read 3,738 times

Advertisements

Hey, thanks for your answers !
A guy I fancied a bit just asked me to be his sex partner, I said no and felt very very bad and reduced since I've already been trapped in this for my first time and took a year to recover. I'm abroad, just had a bulimia crisis and can't study for my tomorrow's exam... I need help
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2013, 04:30 PM

102,212 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Trapped in what for a year? Is there a counseling/mental health center at the university where you are? If so, drop in and ask for help.

Don't let people pressure you into anything you don't want to do, and don't let those demands affect your self-esteem. There are good guys out there, be patient. Try joining some groups at your university, or getting involved in a club outside the university, in the community. And if you have girlfriends at the uni, use them as a support system.

Old 12-11-2013, 04:31 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,739,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilapple View Post
Hey, thanks for your answers !
A guy I fancied a bit just asked me to be his sex partner, I said no and felt very very bad and reduced since I've already been trapped in this for my first time and took a year to recover. I'm abroad, just had a bulimia crisis and can't study for my tomorrow's exam... I need help
See a therapist for the bulimia

Call a classmate you can study with

And tell the guy looking to hook up that you need a friend, not a sex partner

Old 12-11-2013, 04:35 PM

Hi,
I'm already seeing a therapist for that. I can't see anyone with my belly's hurting and I definitely told him that...

Old 12-11-2013, 04:50 PM

It sounds like you're under stress. Try to do something to de-stress, and to manage stress on a routine basis. Like: take a hot bath and relax, get a massage, surround yourself with friends. Is there a student clinic you can go to?

Old 12-11-2013, 04:59 PM

Hello, thank you for answering.
I was saying that it took me a year to let go of a guy that I stopped seeing because I felt he was using me. This one is at least honest not to play and tell me what he wants but it's just killing me that I only meet men like these.
It's 7pm and I've got an exam tomorrow, I can't go out and I can't call my parents because my mum is going to cry if she knows I had a crisis.

Old 12-11-2013, 05:08 PM

Take a bath or shower, listen to some music and have some tea, then turn your attention to your studies.

Don't worry about guys for now. At this point, trying for a relationship is more trouble and stress than it's worth. You need to work on your therapy, first, and your studies. Be good to yourself.

Old 12-11-2013, 05:20 PM

Ok, I'll do that, thank you !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships