Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2013, 08:07 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,868,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
Wait, are you giving him your kettle that you use to stir when you dress as a witch for halloween?
That's a cauldron. Lol

And shut up!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2013, 08:08 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,228,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
That's a cauldron. Lol

And shut up!
Is it a tea kettle then?

*sips black tea with milk and sugar*

Old 12-08-2013, 08:08 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,999,231 times
Quote:
That's a cauldron. Lol

And shut up!

It's not my fault that you dress as a witch and you've got a cauldron that you stir!

Old 12-08-2013, 08:09 PM

7,413 posts, read 6,230,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
Are there men who really desire to be with just one woman? Not many. Most all men crave sexual variety.

Are there men who are capable of being with just one woman? Of course! Such men definitely exist!

Look, don't be naive. Monogamy is a social construct, not a biological truth. All men would like to have sex with a variety of women if they could. But the mark of a man's devotion in monogamous relationship is that he doesn't sleep with other women, not that he doesn't want to. Isn't that enough?
I disagree. I believe we're biologically wired to be with one partner. If it weren't the case, then dating and sleeping around wouldn't come with so much baggage and dangers (STDs, unwanted stepchildren, emotional trauma, etc.).

There is no baggage with one life-time partner (besides the desire to stray, which is just trivial and can be overcome with self control and reasoning skills). There are benefits to life-time partners. Less chance of STDs, emotional stability, life-time friend and playmate, extended blood family and relations to depend on financially and emotionally, a network of love and connectedness with in-laws, grandkids, grandparents.

To the OP, find a man of faith or a church goer. You don't have to be one yourself, but those types of men will give you what you're looking for (faith-full).

Old 12-08-2013, 08:12 PM

Quote:
It's not my fault that you dress as a witch and you've got a cauldron that you stir!
Don't make me put you in it froggy.

Old 12-08-2013, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Don't make me put you in it froggy.
you'd stick me in that thing anyway!

At least I'd get to hold on to the stirrer and go for a ride around the cauldron before I become dinner.

Old 12-08-2013, 08:17 PM

2,087 posts, read 2,849,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
Are there men who really desire to be with just one woman? Not many. Most all men crave sexual variety.

Are there men who are capable of being with just one woman? Of course! Such men definitely exist!

Look, don't be naive. Monogamy is a social construct, not a biological truth. All men would like to have sex with a variety of women if they could. But the mark of a man's devotion in monogamous relationship is that he doesn't sleep with other women, not that he doesn't want to. Isn't that enough?
I actually agree with you.

And the biological truth of women is that they desire the best, fittest, strongest men with the highest status. Which everybody probably knows how I feel about the extent of truth that statement carries.

But to me, relationships are based on friendship, not attraction, sex, and emotion.

So, instead of the dog running around looking to screw every female dog in sight, it's more like the dog who remains faithful to the boy/buddy he grew up with.

Old 12-08-2013, 08:17 PM

Quote:
you'd stick me in that thing anyway!

At least I'd get to hold on to the stirrer and go for a ride around the cauldron before I become dinner.
Lmao! Just a little ride.

Old 12-08-2013, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Lmao! Just a little ride.
Yeah, a little ride before I see diced onions and spices floating into the frog stock.

Old 12-08-2013, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Yeah, a little ride before I see diced onions and spices floating into the frog stock.
Nah....some sugar.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships