Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2013, 10:15 AM

25 posts, read 109,018 times

Advertisements

I am deciding whether I should take a two dollar pay cut to avoid seeing someone that I have shared some history with. Yes. We did the deed. No, he's not interested in me and I'm still interested in him. I am constantly in contact with him at work and I am thinking about going to a different area that pays two dollars less an hour. This is a lot of money lost, but my sanity seems more important than some extra bucks.

I have the opportunity now to switch positions, but I'm at a standstill.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2013, 10:21 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,989,150 times
$2.00 doesn't tell much.

Is it from $12 to $10? Or $38 to $36? Big difference.

I would just learn to deal with it like an adult.

Thankfully you now know not to mix pleasure and work.

(Still questioning the first posts on this site)

Old 12-10-2013, 10:22 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,730,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshineflowers View Post
I have the opportunity now to switch positions, but I'm at a standstill.
Does that mean you are indifferent between the two choices, or you don't like either choice? If it is the latter, then it falls to you to create other options you do prefer over the ones you have stated.

Old 12-10-2013, 10:23 AM

Around 12 to 10 dollars. It is pretty tough sitation though. I'll try to handle it like "an adult". It's tough. It's stressing me out when I leave my job and before I get to my job.

Old 12-10-2013, 10:34 AM

2,758 posts, read 4,960,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshineflowers View Post
Around 12 to 10 dollars. It is pretty tough sitation though. I'll try to handle it like "an adult". It's tough. It's stressing me out when I leave my job and before I get to my job.
The alternative will cost you $4160 a year before taxes. Or $320 a month. Or $80 A WEEK.

Is avoiding someone you previously banged worth $4160 a year to you ?

If you are even considering taking $10 vs $12 an hour cause you slept with a guy, then your priorities in life are severely skewed.

I dont mean to be harsh, but this is kind of ridiculous that you even have to think about it.

Old 12-10-2013, 10:38 AM

5,121 posts, read 6,806,407 times
No. It's not worth it to take the pay cut. What if he leaves a month after you transfer? Or what if he decides to transfer to the same department you do? And on top of that then you are stuck with a lower paying job.

If it's that much stress for you, go out and start job hunting for a job that pays the same (or better yet more). Then you will be free of the stress and you will have more money in your pocket.

Old 12-10-2013, 10:40 AM

2,826 posts, read 3,994,360 times
Curious minds want to know why you like him but he doesn't like you.

Old 12-10-2013, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageGuy2006 View Post
The alternative will cost you $4160 a year before taxes. Or $320 a month. Or $80 A WEEK.

Is avoiding someone you previously banged worth $4160 a year to you ?

If you are even considering taking $10 vs $12 an hour cause you slept with a guy, then your priorities in life are severely skewed.

I dont mean to be harsh, but this is kind of ridiculous that you even have to think about it.
He took my virginity, told me he loved me and that he appreciated me. I'm hoping I'm not pregnant, but my body feels weird. Now, a week later he's hooking up with other women and I have to be in the middle of this. There is no way to avoid it. It is stressing me out but maybe you are right. My priorities in life are severely skewed. The less you make a big deal about it, the better I feel. I'm truly being honest.

Old 12-10-2013, 10:42 AM

3,138 posts, read 2,781,695 times
I agree w/timberline and average guy.

There's no need to put quotations around "an adult." You are either an adult, or you're not. The fact is that you had sex with a coworker and have to deal with the consequences. You knew what you were doing before,during, and after it happened. Two dollars doesn't sound like a lot, but you have a job to perform, and you shouldn't allow yourself to suffer a financial loss b/c you don't want to face the possibility of seeing this guy. Keep it moving and move on.

Old 12-10-2013, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erdocjolly View Post
I agree w/timberline and average guy.

There's no need to put quotations around "an adult." You are either an adult, or you're not. The fact is that you had sex with a coworker and have to deal with the consequences. You knew what you were doing before,during, and after it happened. Two dollars doesn't sound like a lot, but you have a job to perform, and you shouldn't allow yourself to suffer a financial loss b/c you don't want to face the possibility of seeing this guy. Keep it moving and move on.
It's not a possibility. It's a definite "seeing this guy". He's my partner at work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships