Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2013, 08:12 PM

37,617 posts, read 46,006,789 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davros View Post
The Catholics and Buddhists must be on to something.

There must be a way to achieve a removal of desire for women through mental exercise and meditation.

One of my greatest frustrations in life is being out in the world and seeing dozens of women that are attractive to me, but none are available.

All desirable women have rejected me because I don't meet their standards of masculinity and/or fashion and/or hygeine.

I have Asperger's Syndrome, Schizophrenia, and/or a severe personality disorder schizotypal/narcissism/avoidant.

And yet, I feel a strong desire for women, and it is often for women that are not your stereotypical "beauties" but it is very ordinary women, even women that many others would find unattractive.

There must be a way to remove these desires so that I can enjoy my life without feeling these hurtful desires, desires that are hurtful because I know I'll never have a girlfriend, never hold hands with a woman, never kiss a woman. I'm tired of the pain of every single day having to see what I want but what I can never have.

I know everybody is going to say "you did this to yourself" or "change this and this and this and this about yourself so that you become desirable to the women who are the queens of the earth and you are to be our slave".

I know that women are not to blame for my frustration, but it's hard not to feel anger towards women, when there has never been a single woman in this world who has given me a chance. I know it's my own fault. But I can't help the anger and frustration that I feel, because changing myself is a lot harder than you might think. I have problems with socialization that most of you can never even imagine, because socialization comes so much easier to you. But with me, everytime I socialize I make severe mistakes and become a social pariah. I just don't understand how I'm supposed to behave. I can't just be myself, because being myself leads to isolation and rejection. You can't understand what it's like to be me. And I guarantee you it's a lot harder than you think it is.
You are the sole person responsible for your own happiness. You, and no one else. You sound emotionally unbalanced, and not at all suited for any sort of relationship. Either find a way to be happy, find SOMETHING that you can do, that makes you happy, or get used to being alone. It's no more complicated than that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2013, 08:47 PM

3,603 posts, read 5,939,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
You are the sole person responsible for your own happiness. You, and no one else. You sound emotionally unbalanced, and not at all suited for any sort of relationship. Either find a way to be happy, find SOMETHING that you can do, that makes you happy, or get used to being alone. It's no more complicated than that.

So you confirm that I have a SOCIAL DISABILITY that is not at all my fault. And yet, you start out by blaming me. Great.

Old 12-13-2013, 08:48 PM

My conduct on the thread about "what do you say when they ask you why you're single" towards srjth is proof that I have a social disability and no social skills whatsoever.

Try being in my shoes for one day.

The attitude on this board towards me would not be so cavalier and condescending if you people actually understood what it's like to be me.

Old 12-13-2013, 09:08 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
What do you mean by reduced expectations?

Surely, successful Catholic Priests and Buddhist Monks have mastered the removal of carnal desire.
No, they haven't. Catholicism and Buddhism are RAMPANT with sex scandal. Celibacy doesn't work, except in exceptional people.

Old 12-13-2013, 09:19 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,868,361 times
Quote:
What percentage of Catholic Priests are pedophiles? I don't know, but it's got to be damn low. There have been a lot of excellent Catholic Priests, such as the much accoladed Pope Francis.
It's actually damn high. And many Catholic schools closed. Many priests are in trouble or are no longer a priest.Arch bishops are in trouble.

Old 12-13-2013, 09:27 PM

BBC News - Looking behind the Catholic sex abuse scandal
Quote:
"Celibacy can indeed be a challenge but the vast majority of sexual abuse is not committed by celibates," says Ms Smith. "We found 4% [of priests] involved in child abuse - that means for 96% celibacy did not present a challenge in terms of child abuse."

Old 12-13-2013, 11:14 PM

3,793 posts, read 4,600,716 times
Quote:
Surely, successful Catholic Priests and Buddhist Monks have mastered the removal of carnal desire.
You haven't followed the news in recent years, have you?

Old 12-14-2013, 07:08 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,706,825 times
Have you been diagnosed by a professional, or is the "and/or" list the result of self-diagnosis? Are you on anti-psychotic medication?

Old 12-14-2013, 07:18 AM

2,690 posts, read 4,220,795 times
Quote:
The Catholics and Buddhists must be on to something.

There must be a way to achieve a removal of desire for women through mental exercise and meditation.

I have Asperger's Syndrome, Schizophrenia, and/or a severe personality disorder schizotypal/narcissism/avoidant.
Somebody told me once that the meds he took for his mental illness killed his sex drive. You might want to look into that....

Old 12-14-2013, 07:31 AM

236 posts, read 232,129 times
I did it the hard way, by getting burned so badly that I never wish to play with that fire again. Of course, I had my fun before that, so I know what I'm missing. After the sum of my experiences, I've determined that to be "not much." Curiously, over the past year or so, my sex drive has disappeared. I'm in my mid 30's. I don't know why it happened, but it's been welcome.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships