Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2013, 05:47 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,746,361 times

Advertisements

Have you asked him? Talked about it? If anything you should feel comfortable with talking to your SO about the situation. Maybe you just need to spice it up a bit, change things around.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2013, 05:55 PM

179 posts, read 294,299 times
I'm surprised by the number of responses-- thank you.

No, it was not prison. Laugh-a-minute riot up in here.

Yes, as I said above, when I asked about it he said he has no idea what gave me the impression he was interested in frequent sex.

I appreciate the advice about spicing things up-- I've always been kinda kinky-- but that would require him to be willing to accept my advances, which he's not at this time.

Old 12-14-2013, 06:00 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,342,198 times
Its probably not the case, OP, but a sudden stoppage in sex is a good indication of infidelity. Be wary

Old 12-14-2013, 06:19 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aroux View Post
I'm in my early 30's. So is boyfriend. We've been dating for almost 2.5 years. We just moved in together.
Our entire relationship was weekend only because of distance. For the first year or so we had sex multiple times a day. Then at least once a day. Then we dropped down to once or twice a weekend. Then we went through a long period of not seeing each other (TMI, but not because of relationship issues). Then we moved in together and our schedule pretty much sucks because I have a long commute and get up/go to bed early. But he basically doesn't want to have sex with me anymore. I feel like it's pulling teeth when we do. It's almost always initiated by me. and I always feel like complete crap when he turns me down.

I tried talking to him about it. He said past behavior is not indicative of future behavior and he has no idea what he's done to give me the impression he is interested in sex multiple times a day. I don't know what has changed.

I don't feel unloved in any other way. In fact, he's amazing in so many other ways. Any suggestions on getting the spark back?
Why did you move in with him, if he's lost interest in sex? IMO, this relationship is over. And the way he was so dismissive of your concerns (re: the bolded), he sounds like a callous jerk. Sorry, no suggestions on how to get the spark back, I don't think that's doable. This is it for the rest of your life, if you stay with him.

Old 12-14-2013, 06:50 PM
MJ7

6,221 posts, read 10,735,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Why did you move in with him, if he's lost interest in sex? IMO, this relationship is over. And the way he was so dismissive of your concerns (re: the bolded), he sounds like a callous jerk. Sorry, no suggestions on how to get the spark back, I don't think that's doable. This is it for the rest of your life, if you stay with him.
i believe you called it. ive had friends in similar situations, chick friends. your body just doesnt drop off that much sex drive over a year or two. its simple, hes not all that attracted to you anymore. there is an excitement from a chase, but once you have something it just becomes old news really fast, people usually do this with inanimate objects, but not with people nor sex. maybe this whole moving in thing isnt his cup of tea...seems like youll have to figure it out if it is going to last, good luck

Old 12-14-2013, 08:56 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,952,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aroux View Post
I'm surprised by the number of responses-- thank you.

No, it was not prison. Laugh-a-minute riot up in here.

Yes, as I said above, when I asked about it he said he has no idea what gave me the impression he was interested in frequent sex.

I appreciate the advice about spicing things up-- I've always been kinda kinky-- but that would require him to be willing to accept my advances, which he's not at this time.
Don't get mad but have you put on a few pounds?

Old 12-14-2013, 09:03 PM

728 posts, read 1,899,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
Don't get mad but have you put on a few pounds?
I was just about to ask that. Have there been any physical changes? Gained some weight? Changed our hair? Stopped shaving?

Perhaps now that you live together he has seen you at your worst and doesn't like what he sees? Maybe close the door when you poop? Don't use his razor to shave yourself?

Old 12-15-2013, 08:35 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,498,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Its probably not the case, OP, but a sudden stoppage in sex is a good indication of infidelity. Be wary
Actually, men who are stepping out on their SOs typically are MORE sexually active at home, to keep their partner from being suspicious.

Old 12-15-2013, 08:39 AM

6,044 posts, read 24,093,179 times
I think it's normal for things to slow down after 2.5 years and now living together. I think sex drive is a fluid thing over a relationship, and sort of peaks at the beginning when things are new, and exciting.

Having said that, I could understand a reduced libido, but not wanting it at all is certainly worrisome. At this point the best advice I can think to give is to try to do things together to reconnect relationship-wise, which hopefully will then turn into more intimacy. A vacation together might help, away from domestic duties, work, etc. If a vacation is not possible, make sure you are both making time for fun things to do together.

Old 12-15-2013, 08:51 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,498,031 times
If the reason he was away was because of military active duty, then you are dealing with a totally different situation than most folks will ever understand.

The best thing is to give him plenty of space and not be pushy about sex.

Is he seeing a counselor? Do you think he would be open to seeing a counselor? Is he resting well at night? He could have PTSD, for example.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships