Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-22-2013, 11:33 AM

39,270 posts, read 27,671,721 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCUBS1 View Post
This thread make me really appreciate my hubby and my marriage.... As I said previously, I must be living in some alternate reality where the wives love sex with their husbands, and vice versa... and it doesn't appear that the attraction has diminished after marriage, kids, aging, etc... And they don't seem to keep score with chores, or judge who stays at home to care for kids, etc.... etc... I can't even relate to 90% of the posters on this thread. I'm not so sure this thread accurately represents marriages out there as the majority of posts are about all this diminished sex drive... Maybe this thread is about experiences with bad marriages? Young women and men posting here - marriage does not have to be this way...
You are very lucky! I think most people honestly want the kind of marriage you have.
My parents' and my brother's marriage is what I want for myself.

Understanding, affection, compatibility, honesty, ability to share vulnerability, lots of touching, kissing. I am sure their sex life is just fine for THEM.

Unfortunately, not everybody in the world can have marriage so satisfying like that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2013, 11:59 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,443,360 times
I think any of these threads can make you drop to your knees and thank god for your nice marriage.

Old 12-22-2013, 12:08 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,093,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
I think any of these threads can make you drop to your knees and thank god for your nice marriage.
No kidding. I feel like I should be thankful my husband didn't drop me like a hot potato when I couldn't have sex for extended periods of time. Sounds like most people make life decisions around here based on whether or not they will still have sex. I couldn't imagine my life like that.

Old 12-22-2013, 12:10 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,945,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
No kidding. I feel like I should be thankful my husband didn't drop me like a hot potato when I couldn't have sex for extended periods of time. Sounds like most people make life decisions around here based on whether or not they will still have sex. I couldn't imagine my life like that.
I don't think it's just that. Sex is just one part of the many aspects of a marriage. But a marriage without sex is just a friendship, or they are just roommates. I think most would not fault the other for periods of no sex, such as during health issues. But otherwise..

Old 12-22-2013, 12:31 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,093,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thHour View Post
I don't think it's just that. Sex is just one part of the many aspects of a marriage. But a marriage without sex is just a friendship, or they are just roommates. I think most would not fault the other for periods of no sex, such as during health issues. But otherwise..
Yes but making decisions (like having one parent stay at home with the kids) based on the "what if's"??. If one wants to make life decisions based soley on how it will impact their sex life only, why would they even want to bother having kids or a wife?

Sure, have a back-up plan. However making decisions based on fear may not always be in the best interest of the family.

Old 12-22-2013, 12:35 PM

52,341 posts, read 52,799,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Agreed.

We don't have sex fifty times a day... LOL

But yeah, our relationship isn't perfect, but we have a good time together, I still want to come home to my SO... I've heard stories about men drowning themselves in work to avoid going home to the wife...

No thanks to that mess.

Old 12-22-2013, 12:43 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,689,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Jack22 View Post
There's a rising trend of sexless marriages in America, of which many are in denial.

If you're in one, male or female, you need to get out of it asap.
If only it were that easy.

Old 12-22-2013, 12:46 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,689,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
I think that men's egos get stroked when they have a pretty girl in their bed or working on their little soldier. Their egos will NEVER allow them to believe that their "hot" girlfriend does not enjoy or even really want to have sex with them but do so out of obligation...girlfriend duty. My friends and I have had countless conversations about it. Once the ink is dry on the marriage license and a kid (or 2) is birthed there really is not need to keep up the charade.
That's a very dishonest and calculating way to think. Your friends, if that's who you're referring to, don't deserve a good relationship or any relationship at all.

Old 12-22-2013, 12:48 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,167,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gretsky99 View Post
I thought I was the only one and is this a major problem for most married couples. If so, why do women lose their sexual drive.
Despite our advanced techological society, biologically we are not very different than we were 40,000 years ago. The primary function for the URGE for sexual relations is to reproduce. That is why sex is so pleasurable, to encourage us to do it a lot to ensure survival of the species, even though, in modern society, we don't have to worry about that any longer, our BIOLOGY does not know this.

The endocrine system of both species (but especially women i.e. estrogen), encourage us to be very active early in the relationship in order to ensure pregnancy. Once pregnancy occurs the sexual urge lessens DRAMATICALLY and once a child becomes reasonably self-sufficient (in primitive terms - at around 2 to 3 years old), the DESIRE to reproduce returns to the female. However, in order to diversify the DNA, usually the female desires a different partner at this time. This is where the standard phrase "I love you, but I am not in love with you" comes into use.

Some women may decide that for economic reasons that it is simpler to have additional children with their current spouse than it is to diversify the DNA, so they will stick with their mate through one or two or more children. But very often, at some point, when the youngest child is around 3, the wife grows highly discontent with the situation and seeks a different living arrangement.

Again in a natural, primitive society the man's job is to spread his DNA as far and wide as possible to ensure survival of the species, so the male sex drive is always very strong. Usually, the desire to stay with one woman for the purpose of providing and protecting will not last much longer than the three year mark anyway.

Of course, many will argue that, as a civilized society, these biological urges are no longer valid, but they are fooling themselves. Just as our biological imperative for survival is as strong as it ever was, so is our primitive biological imperative for reproduction. There is no difference there. If our "urges" are tempered it is simply a cultural manifestation and not any alteration in our biological functioning.

20yrsinBranson

Old 12-22-2013, 12:53 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,558,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
That's a very dishonest and calculating way to think. Your friends, if that's who you're referring to, don't deserve a good relationship or any relationship at all.
Don't shoot the messenger. Men never want to hear the truth about the way some women think. And for some reason, some men absolutely LOVE the women who are "calculating".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships