Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2014, 01:39 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,898,757 times

Advertisements

The backstory: back when I was 18 (I am 42)I met "Bill". Bill was 21 and still in high school because he had dropped out and went back. I later found out he had a criminal record for mostly petty crimes that were misdemeanors and a poor driving record. My parents thought I could do better and I knew I could but at the time was desperate for a boyfriend. Because he lived far away we did the LDR for several months and it became a strain. The final straw was I sent him money to come and visit me and he took the money and bought himself something. He also didn't buy me any gifts for Christmas, my birthday or Valentines Day. I moved on but several months later called me and I briefly reconsidered dating but decided between the 6 hour drive to his lack of instability to move on. Two years later he showed up at my door and we spent the day together but when he was ready to go home I told him we could be friends but never anything more. He was angry and I didn't hear from him for a few years after he got his first divorce. Once again I told him never happening again and during that time I moved. He called my grandparents (found them in the phone book)and tried to get in touch with me and I told them not to give my phone number out. They passed away a few years later and I thought that was the end of it.

Fast forward to 2008 or so when I got on MySpace. He found me on there and asked to be added. I said okay and he sent me a message telling me he was married again and I said I had a boyfriend and I assumed it that he was just getting back in touch. I have several exes I am still in contact with as friends. Eventually I stopped logging into MySpace and went on to Facebook. He found me on there and asked me to add. However now he keeps pressuring me to date him and getting nasty. I told him I have a boyfriend (I post photos of us)and he has now been married 3 times and has 4 kids and I told him there is no chance of every dating him. He has resorting to begging me to give him another chance. I told him finally he was a rotten boyfriend and having been married and divorced three times with 4 kids is a dealbreaker.

I guess I am afraid he will show up at my home begging for a second chance though I will tell him I have no feelings for him now and I am with someone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2014, 02:28 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,080,437 times
Remove him from your facebook page and ignore any attempts at contact. I don't understand what the issue is really.

You keep allowing him back in your life. Don't do that anymore. Problem solved.

Old 01-04-2014, 02:30 PM

48,537 posts, read 34,891,275 times
Why act like this is such a big deal? Delete him as a friend.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 01-04-2014, 02:32 PM

1,397 posts, read 1,620,536 times
Psycho. Don't just unfriend him, block him completely. Have you told him point-blank to stop contacting you?

Old 01-04-2014, 02:33 PM

896 posts, read 1,177,946 times
Delete and block.

I think people who complain like this really love Facebook drama. You want him to have access as an ego boost.

Old 01-04-2014, 02:34 PM

5,295 posts, read 5,242,493 times
You can't control what he does, only what you do. Delete him off Facebook NOW.

Old 01-04-2014, 02:52 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,197,348 times
Make it abundantly clear to him, in writing you wish no further contact and keep a copy of whatever it is you send. Keep copies of whatever conversations you've had where he is begging and you are telling him no. Keep dates and times of where and when he found you online and also if he does again after blocking his access.

Should you ever have reason to feel for your safety you can get a protection order simply from 'cyber stalking' now.

But having your request and those items in writing will give it more teeth.

Start, however, by simply blocking his access to your social media.

Old 01-04-2014, 02:54 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,280,152 times
Block him. Problem solved.

Old 01-04-2014, 02:56 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,499,657 times
As others said, block him. This is more than unfriending. You can google "facebook how to block" for details. Just block him and don't reply to him about anything before you block him. Just ignore him as if you never got any messages.

Be careful as he probably has your email since you friended him. Don't reply to any emails. Again, pretent like they want to SPAM and you never saw them. Any reply is just going to keep it going.

Old 01-04-2014, 02:58 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,197,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraciousVox View Post
Delete and block.

I think people who complain like this really love Facebook drama. You want him to have access as an ego boost.
I sense this a lot of times too - which is why I don't have it. Then the people who have 1000 friends and get all bent out of shape if someone 'unfriends them."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships