Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2014, 05:44 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,952,831 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Forget triple A, get yourself into AA.
Amen Brutha!!!

Listen Sunshine, if I would say, I would think this whole thing of you calling him would be sabotaging this guys chance at his new girlfriend.

His girlfriend was probably there when you called.

I hate needy people. Take control of yourself like Thursday007 said and I will add grow up and mature.

Old 01-12-2014, 06:08 AM

757 posts, read 1,024,931 times
Most definitely if it isn't work related unless that person has explicitly acknowledged a friendship with you outside your professional capacity. Otherwise, don't.

Old 01-12-2014, 06:27 AM

2,495 posts, read 4,358,314 times
Not familiar with the OP's other threads so cant speak on that but i dont see the big deal here. We spend more time with the people we work with on a weekly basis than we do our family. I dont know why a girlfriend will be threatened by a phone call of a colleague in need of help. Would the same be said if the co-worker were male? You are the girlfriend by choice, if the guy wanted to play around, he wouldnt have a girlfriend.

I dont know about you guys, but i would have gone to help her or if unable to at that moment, contacted a company that could. Our society is fast becoming robotic. People no longer have compassion for the well-being of others. Imagine if she'd gotten hurt, raped, killed out there, after you ignore her call. Dont think i'd have been able to live with that...

Old 01-12-2014, 06:35 AM

2,098 posts, read 2,501,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshineflowers View Post
Now that will definitely not be the case. I panicked. I had an anxiety attack and was dumb and texted him w/o thinking about the consequences. Like I said before, I rarely text him. There has been a little history between us but now I'm just trying to move on. I slipped up. I panicked and thought he would help. He didn't. I realize this and now I'm just going to move on. You are right. I need to take control of my life. I definitely do.
This is the real problem (one of them) which you left out of your OP. There is a "history" between you two, and you texted him knowing he had a girlfriend and it was going to stir up trouble. One key in having a successful time in life is figuring out how to avoid drama. Staying away from people who will create a dramatic situation is one of them. So you should not be texting/calling him at all. If you had a phone, you could've called roadside assistance, or the police, or someone to help you out. Don't take the cop-out of anxiety attacks or panicking without thinking of the consequences. You know as well as everyone else does here that's an excuse. The sooner you take responsibility for your actions without making excuses to skirt around them or make them a little softer, the sooner you will be able to make real changes.

On a side note, you were going to meet the guy who groped you? Who was drunk and at a bar? Until you choose to stop putting yourself in these situations, you will never have different results.

Old 01-12-2014, 06:41 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,186,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R. Crusoe View Post
Most definitely if it isn't work related unless that person has explicitly acknowledged a friendship with you outside your professional capacity. Otherwise, don't.
Chances are this OP has already been irritating to this man and other people she's worked with and he'd had it with her. He has to put up with it at work and he doesn't when he's off work.

I worked in a male dominated field. I worked with all men. I never once felt the inclination to call them when things happened outside of work. That is what you call your friends and relatives for. If I broke down and their house was across the street I might knock on their door, otherwise I wouldn't.

Old 01-12-2014, 06:42 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
Quote:
lol
It's not funny.

Old 01-12-2014, 06:51 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,186,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
It's not funny.
I would like it to be duly noted that this woman is an embarrassment to all women and her actions in no way represent the entire female gender.

Old 01-12-2014, 07:14 AM

887 posts, read 1,100,154 times
Quote:
I panicked. I had an anxiety attack and was dumb and texted him w/o thinking about the consequences.
Your selfishness is like a wrecking ball to other people. You have two threads that you started, using the same excuse. You weren't thinking. And you state it so flippantly, that it doesn't sound like you are even taking the time to absorb this concept. You aren't the only one out there like this, though. My ex was the same way.

Old 01-12-2014, 07:18 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,703,004 times
Quote:
He seemed pissed off that I contacted him, but his gf is only a month old.
Drama Queen, here's one for you to get wrapped up in - a gf who is only a month old? There are some very strict laws about that ...

Old 01-12-2014, 07:21 AM

9,408 posts, read 13,739,789 times
Quote:
I agree. It was a big mistake. I regret it. I just wasn't thinking. Obviously that tends to happen a lot.
So it seems.

Maybe you need to sit down with a trusted friend or adviser of some sort of work on your boundary issues.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships