Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2014, 03:18 AM

210 posts, read 239,026 times

Advertisements

So I once went out a few times with some guy who said he was 31, but he was really 41. I felt how thin his hair was and knew something was up, so I looked him up online and he was 41! Verified by taking a peek at his driver's license. Sad thing is after I confronted him about his lying, he denied it for a few days. I got along with him great, it's really unfortunate he felt like he had to lie about his age (I was only 23) to have a chance with me. I couldn't get over how he lied and that was the end of our dating.

Ever meet a liar through on line dating?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2014, 05:32 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,957,722 times
Default Ever meet a liar through online dating?

Yes.

Wait, no.

Umm...

I've only been on a site once... Wait! Twice.

Nah, never been on a site.

Old 01-12-2014, 09:26 AM

1,156 posts, read 2,381,781 times
Don't have extensive experience with this, but one of my female friends (single mom) does. She met a guy online who claimed he was divorced but was actually married. Wait, there's more! She found out that he had been seeing her and a couple of other women "exclusively."

I was there when she and the other women who had been fooled got together for drinks to talk about their experiences with this jerk. One was so upset, she ended up getting really drunk and puked on her shoes.

It was interesting, to say the least.

Old 01-12-2014, 11:59 AM

11,222 posts, read 16,433,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
yes.

Wait, no.

Umm...

I've only been on a site once... Wait! Twice.

Nah, never been on a site.
lmao!

Old 01-12-2014, 12:44 PM

4,236 posts, read 8,145,247 times
A few extra pounds or average body type gets me every time. I like my women a touch on the thick side, but I've had a few Friday Janet Jackson moments DAMN!!!

Old 01-12-2014, 12:48 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,939,884 times
I have met a girl who still texts me (two years later) telling me that I was the best person in her life and that I'll never understand how important I was to her.

Now, this isn't an ex girlfriend.. this is a girl I went on 3 dates with. Man, she was so hot though..

Old 01-12-2014, 02:34 PM

1,276 posts, read 1,775,791 times
EVER? LOL. I would venture to guess 95% of all people online dating are dishonest to some degree. The guys on there who are all better then average are recycled over and over and over by the many females. Hence giving credence to women being so much more picky then men. If a guy is married, looking for something on the side, he plays a role. If the guy is good looking he will get date after date after date while tens of thousands of average decent men get no responses.

I dated on POF for two years, I was the guy who got date after date after date. I had average looking guy friends who were really nice guys and they got one response a month from some twisted obese girl. Even the average to ugly women on those sites held out for the good looking men.

All these commercial like Match and what not crack me. They are all the same. Lots of lonely women and for a few attractive guys, an open meat market.

Old 01-12-2014, 03:05 PM

7,492 posts, read 11,832,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskaboy View Post
EVER? LOL. I would venture to guess 95% of all people online dating are dishonest to some degree. The guys on there who are all better then average are recycled over and over and over by the many females. Hence giving credence to women being so much more picky then men. If a guy is married, looking for something on the side, he plays a role. If the guy is good looking he will get date after date after date while tens of thousands of average decent men get no responses.

I dated on POF for two years, I was the guy who got date after date after date. I had average looking guy friends who were really nice guys and they got one response a month from some twisted obese girl. Even the average to ugly women on those sites held out for the good looking men.

All these commercial like Match and what not crack me. They are all the same. Lots of lonely women and for a few attractive guys, an open meat market.
That's pretty much what I realized, it's all so pointless. But people who've never done it love to talk about how great it is to "meet somebody online".

Old 01-12-2014, 03:27 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,896,464 times
Yes and some are silly and some really bother me to the point I will never get another date.

Some of the lies:

Height. I can handle some height lies. not talking about if he is 5 foot tall but says he is 6 foot tall but if he is 5 foot tall and says he is 5'2. Perhaps he really doesn't know his height or didn't lie that much. A 5 foot tall guy claiming to be 6 foot will not get a second date but a 5 foot tall claiming to be 5'2 might.

Weight. Like height is depends on how big of a lie. A 200 pound man who says he is 180, will probably get a pass but a 300 pound man claiming to be 180 will not. In one case he may not really know he's that big but a 300 pound will. Likewise a guy claiming to be athletic or average who is obese? next! One of my loser exes is on a dating site claiming to be average height and weight, only he is 5'8 and 400 pounds.

Age. Ok this one they shouldn't be lying about but it will depend on why they are lying and how much we are talking. A 35 year old man claiming to be 34 is weird but maybe he didn't change his profile, etc. A 50 year old man claiming to be 35 is another story and he's a liar.

Income/job. I can see in this respect not being truly honest especially if one makes a lot. People do prey on people making a lot often. However, if they work at McDonald's and claim to be a wealthy CEO? this is a liar and no further chance. I once dumped a guy who lied about his job big time.

What I will never allow? saying they are single when they are still married. There is NEVER a reason to lie. Also, if they lie about their past marital status or having kids this is a definite no second date. I once dated a man who told me he was childless, only to tell me a further few dates he had kids. His thinking was that I would fall for him that I would overlook this. Did I? NOPE! Not only did I dump him for this I dumped him for lying.

Old 01-12-2014, 05:47 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,875,261 times
Sure some do but some don't. I met some really cool dates.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships