Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2014, 10:35 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,048,957 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
When I think unattractive I imagine many different things; Bad breath, smelly, blackened teeth, puking drunk etc would prevent me from entertaining the idea of going home with a woman, besides other things. The woman in the OP would be another one. I have seen women at the bars that fit my description above that could get no man. There has to be some modicum of attraction for woman or men to get together.

JJ, if you really were unattractive you would not be able to get sex at will. I'm out all the time and truly unattractive women and men for that matter are not going home with each other.
This is very true to say the least. Unattractive men and women will not in any way shape of form will not sleep, sex or date each other unless if settling down is the last and final resort which I have seen before. I have seen my fair share of unattractive women with guys who are physically attractive same for fat women with fit guys. I actually have a friend who has a friend a black bbw and she only dates guys who are fit, and she gets muscular men to be with her. I personally believe that women are just as visual or sometimes even more visual than men are. Also fat and unattractive women are more insecure about the way they look and being with a guy that is fat or unattractive does not help and makes a woman's plight even worse. I have seen fat and unattractive women with above average looking guys all the time. Even me for example, I'm seeing a woman now, she is a bbwish, and even with her she said it took her a longtime to find any physical attractiveness in me. Usually she has to date guys who are initially physically attracted to them!

Old 01-14-2014, 10:58 AM

31,068 posts, read 22,086,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
This is very true to say the least. Unattractive men and women will not in any way shape of form will not sleep, sex or date each other unless if settling down is the last and final resort which I have seen before. I have seen my fair share of unattractive women with guys who are physically attractive same for fat women with fit guys. I actually have a friend who has a friend a black bbw and she only dates guys who are fit, and she gets muscular men to be with her. I personally believe that women are just as visual or sometimes even more visual than men are. Also fat and unattractive women are more insecure about the way they look and being with a guy that is fat or unattractive does not help and makes a woman's plight even worse. I have seen fat and unattractive women with above average looking guys all the time. Even me for example, I'm seeing a woman now, she is a bbwish, and even with her she said it took her a longtime to find any physical attractiveness in me. Usually she has to date guys who are initially physically attracted to them!
I have heard the same thing. When I asked my old gf about why she didn't date bigger guys being a big girl herself, she responded with no embarrassment "I'm not attracted to men my size and besides two biggies don't fit together so well". Honest, but a bit hypocritical, but we are attracted to who we attracted to and we all have a different standard of what we are drawn to.

Old 01-14-2014, 11:07 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,655,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
I have heard the same thing. When I asked my old gf about why she didn't date bigger guys being a big girl herself, she responded with no embarrassment "I'm not attracted to men my size and besides two biggies don't fit together so well". Honest, but a bit hypocritical, but we are attracted to who we attracted to and we all have a different standard of what we are drawn to.
Ya think?

I hate people with this type of attitude.

Old 01-14-2014, 11:10 AM

113 posts, read 152,352 times
I wouldn't consider it really hypocritical. People can't really control who they are sexually attracted to.

Old 01-14-2014, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoathere View Post
I wouldn't consider it really hypocritical. People can't really control who they are sexually attracted to.
If you are a certain way, and you think badly of others who are the same way you are, that is hypocritical.

Old 01-14-2014, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
If you are a certain way, and you think badly of others who are the same way you are, that is hypocritical.

Um, no, it isn't. A fat person that doesn't find fat people attractive, or a asian person that doesn't find asian people attractive, aren't hypocrites. That isn't the definition of the word not how it is properly used.

Last edited by whoathere; 01-14-2014 at 11:40 AM..

Old 01-14-2014, 11:41 AM

11,864 posts, read 17,004,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
No one said they "think badly " about someone their own size. They simply aren't attracted.

I know plenty of good men I wouldn't date. I certainly don't think poorly of them.

Old 01-14-2014, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the minx View Post
No one said they "think badly " about someone their own size. They simply aren't attracted.

I know plenty of good men I wouldn't date. I certainly don't think poorly of them.

Right. If a person said all fat people are unattractive, but they themselves are fat and say "I am attractive" that would be being hypocritical.

Now, if they said fat women can be beautiful, but fat man cannot be beautiful, that would be having a double standard, which is different than being a hypocrite.

If a fat woman said I don't find fat men attractive and I only want a man that find fat women attractive, that isn't being a hypocrite or having a double standard. It is just professing their attraction and desires.

Old 01-14-2014, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoathere View Post
Um, no, it isn't. A fat person that doesn't find fat people attractive, or a asian person that doesn't find asian people attractive, aren't hypocrites. That isn't the definition of the word not how it is properly used.
If, for example, an overweight woman is a self-described "BBW" and laments that men are not interested in her or attracted to her because she is a "BBW," and says men should be interested in her because of or despite the fact that she is a "BBW," and then turns around and says she doesn't like the male equivalent of a "BBW" becaue they are overweight is a hypocrite. Period.

Or would you prefer "fraud," "intellectually dishonest," "idiotically shallow" or "charlatan?"

Old 01-14-2014, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the minx View Post

But are you an overweight person who won't date overweight people? If so, there must be some negative quality you ascribe to them, and since you share that negative quality, it would be hypocritical for you to use that as a reason.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships