Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2014, 08:31 AM

863 posts, read 1,129,470 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
My now ex boyfriend broke up with me over the weekend because he just didn't find me 'physically attractive'. He said he tried (for the past 8 months apparently) to make himself attracted to me because we got along so well, but couldn't lie to me anymore.

So yeah, plenty of men only judge on a woman's physical appearance and that will never change. Lucky for that woman that she's getting laid while she's fat and 40....good for her.
Sorry to hear that JJ

Old 01-13-2014, 08:32 AM

8,011 posts, read 8,210,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoathere View Post
They're getting dates. You can't go out to restaurants / events without seeing fat guys with girlfriends/wives.

And yeah, shocking, women have an easier time hooking up. News at 11.

I don't get the fat acceptance crap though. People that don't take care of themselves don't do it for me. Not everyone can be thin, but everyone can exercise nearly every day and eat well if they make it a priority.
Why have fat friends then? and as for JJ's situation the guy was lying to her for 8 months. It really was a cruel and dickish move for him to take it that far if he felt that way all along.

Old 01-13-2014, 08:33 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,868,361 times
Quote:
I'm sad for JJ because she seemed so happy, but how was he a dick? Should he have lied to her? I guess maybe that would have been better.
Led her on for 8 months.

Old 01-13-2014, 08:34 AM

339 posts, read 379,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
My now ex boyfriend broke up with me over the weekend because he just didn't find me 'physically attractive'. He said he tried (for the past 8 months apparently) to make himself attracted to me because we got along so well, but couldn't lie to me anymore.

So yeah, plenty of men only judge on a woman's physical appearance and that will never change. Lucky for that woman that she's getting laid while she's fat and 40....good for her.
It doesn't sound he judged solely on appearance. How could you come away from that situation with that assertion?

Men on here are constantly told to suck it up, and that they have no right to expect attention from women who do not find them attractive.

The reciprocal advice is rarely applied to women. It's always, "oh he's just a jerk, you're better off without him."

Old 01-13-2014, 08:35 AM

339 posts, read 379,893 times
Quote:
I'm sad for JJ because she seemed so happy, but how was he a dick? Should he have lied to her? I guess maybe that would have been better.

Because in 21st century America, man = bad, woman = good.

Old 01-13-2014, 08:38 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,632,033 times
Quote:
He's not a dick at all, he's actually a fairly decent man. What likely happened is the fact that he had a devoted girlfriend gave him the confidence to pursue what he really wanted..which was not me. Happened with my last relationship as well. Guess some guys are never satisfied.

Old 01-13-2014, 08:40 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,868,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray_Finkle View Post
It doesn't sound he judged solely on appearance. How could you come away from that situation with that assertion?

Men on here are constantly told to suck it up, and that they have no right to expect attention from women who do not find them attractive.

The reciprocal advice is rarely applied to women. It's always, "oh he's just a jerk, you're better off without him."
No not everyone is this heartless on either sex.

Old 01-13-2014, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray_Finkle View Post

..Because that's exactly what he told me. He said he loved being around me but that it didn't make up for the fact that he wasn't physically attracted to me. My personality didn't trump my unattractiveness, no big. It's not the first time it happened, but it will be the last since I'm not going to be dating any longer.

Mod cut: Off topic.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 01-13-2014 at 03:11 PM..

Old 01-13-2014, 08:41 AM

113 posts, read 152,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
Why have fat friends then? and as for JJ's situation the guy was lying to her for 8 months. It really was a cruel and dickish move for him to take it that far if he felt that way all along.

Friends and bf/gfs are different, you have different expectations for the relationship.

It actually sounds like he liked her and cared about her and was trying to make the relationship work for the right reasons. He just couldn't. Nothing wrong with that. He gave it an honest try.

Old 01-13-2014, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Friends and bf/gfs are different, you have different expectations for the relationship.

It actually sounds like he liked her and cared about her and was trying to make the relationship work for the right reasons. He just couldn't. Nothing wrong with that. He gave it an honest try.
Agreed. But I wish he would have just stopped dating me in the beginning instead of leading me on for nearly a year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships