Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2014, 09:19 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,950,852 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Where is the op with his "real age" not assumptions. Then I can give my best suggestion.
He's assembling a baby crib.

He'll be back after a trip to the store for diapers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2014, 09:40 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,855,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
He's assembling a baby crib.

He'll be back after a trip to the store for diapers.
Lol, you are bad!

Old 01-22-2014, 12:39 PM

4,078 posts, read 5,414,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by technev View Post
There is this girl who likes me a lot, has made no secret of it. But I am 12 years her senior, feel like she's a kid even though she looks and acts very mature. Plus I look way too young anyway, so people believe we're the same age.

But still I feel weird - she is all for it, dismisses my concern for age, but I am not able to. She is such a lovely person. I feel torn. What do I do?
Take it slow.

Guys who are 12 years her senior could be at the same maturity level she is at if she's gone through a lot in life..

I wouldn't let age stand in the way, but to enjoy her and get to know her as a person first. Then make any major decisions later, including sex.

Old 01-22-2014, 12:46 PM

102,219 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by technev View Post
There is this girl who likes me a lot, has made no secret of it. But I am 12 years her senior, feel like she's a kid even though she looks and acts very mature. Plus I look way too young anyway, so people believe we're the same age.

But still I feel weird - she is all for it, dismisses my concern for age, but I am not able to. She is such a lovely person. I feel torn. What do I do?
If you feel like she's a kid, why are you torn? Do you have trouble attracting women your age, because you look too young for them? If so, and she's been your only prospect for a long time, I might say give it a try. Otherwise, I'd say keep looking for someone closer to your age.

Old 01-22-2014, 12:52 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,892,503 times
18 and 30 is way too different. When I was 18 I was approached by several 30 year old men and was repulsed in a way. The one guy who didn't repulse me creeped out my dad and he warned him to leave me alone.

Now if we are talking say 40 and 52 then that's another thing.

Old 01-22-2014, 12:57 PM

102,219 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
18 and 30 is way too different. When I was 18 I was approached by several 30 year old men and was repulsed in a way. The one guy who didn't repulse me creeped out my dad and he warned him to leave me alone.

Now if we are talking say 40 and 52 then that's another thing.
Maybe, maybe not. I was thinking about this, too. What would happen when he's 60, and she's still hot at 48? Would she be mature enough to stick with him? I suppose if they'd built a strong relationship over time and loved each other, it would work out.

Old 01-22-2014, 01:00 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,892,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Maybe, maybe not. I was thinking about this, too. What would happen when he's 60, and she's still hot at 48? Would she be mature enough to stick with him? I suppose if they'd built a strong relationship over time and loved each other, it would work out.
Hard to say. I think of things like this with the men who will only date women 10+ years younger than them. When they get old the wife could still be young and attractive.

Old 01-22-2014, 01:25 PM

3,009 posts, read 3,642,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
Hard to say. I think of things like this with the men who will only date women 10+ years younger than them. When they get old the wife could still be young and attractive.

As a guy that wants kids younger woman is the way to go.

A woman's Fertility begins to decline at age 30. Woman that are 30 to 34 the miscarriage rate is 11.7 percent. By age 30 your risk of having a baby with Down syndrome is 1 in 952, and a baby with any chromosomal abnormality, 1 in 385.

A woman in her in 20s are more likely to be at optimal fitness, making delivery and postpartum weight loss easier. In terms of long-term health, if you begin conceiving in your 20s, you may be at decreased risk for breast cancer and ovarian cancer, according to some studies.

At age 25, your chances of delivering a baby with Down syndrome are 1 in 1,250, and there's a 1 in 476 chance of having a baby with any chromosomal abnormality.

The average woman between 20 and 24 years old has about a 20 percent chance each month of getting pregnant when she has unprotected intercourse.

The miscarriage rate during these years is about 9.5 percent, the lowest it will ever be. Because your eggs are still relatively young, your baby is much less likely to be born with a birth defect such as Down syndrome (1 in 1,667 births among women age 20) or other chromosomal abnormalities (1 in 526 among women age 20). Yet more infants with these disorders are born to women in their 20s because those in this age group have more babies and women past 35

Fertility continues to decline after age 35, and it takes a nosedive at age 38. The risk of high blood pressure during pregnancy is about double for women over 35 compared with younger ones; hypertension affects about 10 to 20 percent of pregnant women in this age group. Gestational diabetes is two to three times more common in women over age 35 than in younger women

The chance of having multiple births, especially twins and even triplets, increases significantly in your late 30s (and early 40s). This is probably due to the fact that the hormonal stimulation of the ovaries changes slightly as a woman ages, increasing the chances that they'll release more than one egg.

fewer than 1 percent of women ages 40 to 44 have babies. The chance of becoming pregnant during any one month drops to only 5 percent after age 40.

Babies born to women in their 40s are also more likely to have lower birth weights (under 5 1/2 pounds). Risks of chromosomal birth defects rise steadily with each year into your 40s. If you give birth at age 40, your baby has a 1 in 106 chance of being born with Down syndrome and a 1 in 66 chance of being born with any chromosomal abnormality. But by age 44, those risks rise to 1 in 38 and 1 in 26, respectively.

So my point is I am 30 so I go by this rule take my age divide it by 2 and add 7 is the youngest girl i should date is 22 years old.

Is it shallow to only date younger woman do not know or don't care .

http://www.parenting.com/article/pre...30-40?page=0,4

Old 01-22-2014, 01:28 PM

1,194 posts, read 1,399,611 times
Krieger, do you date anyone?

Old 01-22-2014, 01:31 PM

11,795 posts, read 12,030,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krieger00 View Post
As a guy that wants kids younger woman is the way to go.

So my point is I am 30 so I go by this rule take my age divide it by 2 and add 7 is the youngest girl i should date is 22 years old.

Is it shallow to only date younger woman do not know or don't care .
So a 60 year old should date a 37 year old?

Him looking younger than his age doesn't make him younger, just as her being more mature for her age doesn't change the fact that she's 18.

I still stand by the idea that the OP is uncomfortable with it, and that's not a stellar way to start off. Although things didn't always turn out for the best with relationships I've had in my life, I wasn't doubtful from the get-go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships