Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2014, 11:24 PM

543 posts, read 534,205 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuiltforSin View Post
Most guys consider beautiful women:
- taken
- high maintenance
- out of their league
- assume they're constantly hit on, and will be quick to reject
The first and last ones are those that come to mind off hand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2014, 12:36 AM

3,793 posts, read 4,600,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
I would think the NFL pays their cheerleaders enough that they don't need to moonlight as realestate agents.
You would think wrong, then. Google "NFL cheerleader pay."

Old 01-20-2014, 12:42 AM

2,563 posts, read 3,683,428 times
I wouldn't say that guys are "intimidated" by attractive women. Rather, I think they think that they're going to somehow become high maintenance, so why bother.

Old 01-20-2014, 12:45 AM

1,311 posts, read 1,693,605 times
HOW are beautiful women possibly high maintenance?? I keep seeing that phrase thrown around, high maintenance. Then men complain about the lack of beautiful women lol so I wonder...

Old 01-20-2014, 03:56 PM

4,187 posts, read 5,159,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage_girl View Post
HOW are beautiful women possibly high maintenance?? I keep seeing that phrase thrown around, high maintenance. Then men complain about the lack of beautiful women lol so I wonder...
It's usually taken to mean that she will require more emotional attention, gift giving, special dates, and romantic occasions than other women.

Old 01-20-2014, 04:09 PM

4,078 posts, read 5,415,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProDancergirl View Post
I don't mean to sound boastful but I consider myself attractive. I get told that ALL the time. I'm a professional cheerleader for a NFL team and do lots of public appearances where I am usually hit on by men...but they usually know they have no chance and it's in good fun. Outside of that it's rare I'll ever get hit on. During the week I work at as a realtor and many of the men I show places to will flirt with me but never ask me out.

This one guy I was really interested in asked my coworker about me by email (he showed me the email between them). He pretty much said he thought I was beautiful and wanted to know if I was single. My coworker told him yes but he never sent him another email. Today I gave him a tour of another property and the whole time he didn't ask me out! I am baffled. This happens all the time! A guy will ask someone about me and not say a word to me personally. There was another customer I had that did the same thing...asked a coworker about my single status but never said anything to me! It's funny guys always ask me how I'm single...well maybe if you'd ask me out! So my question is...could the reasoning be that they are scared/intimidated by me? I never really believed this to be true but I don't know why else
There's your answer. The men who are interested in you who don't follow through.. could be they already have someone else, feel intimidated or insecure you may have other guys interested, or are "playing it cool."

Beautiful women get approached all the time. Some guys in certain situations are more subtle about it.

I don't think I've ever seen a beautiful woman not have hoards of guys paying them attention in one way or another.. and, they get asked out quite often.

Maybe not always overtly like at work, but they eventually find their way to you. They really do.

Old 01-21-2014, 12:44 PM

361 posts, read 725,188 times
Quote:
I don't mean to sound boastful but I consider myself attractive. I get told that ALL the time. I'm a professional cheerleader for a NFL team and do lots of public appearances where I am usually hit on by men...but they usually know they have no chance and it's in good fun. Outside of that it's rare I'll ever get hit on. During the week I work at as a realtor and many of the men I show places to will flirt with me but never ask me out.

This one guy I was really interested in asked my coworker about me by email (he showed me the email between them). He pretty much said he thought I was beautiful and wanted to know if I was single. My coworker told him yes but he never sent him another email. Today I gave him a tour of another property and the whole time he didn't ask me out! I am baffled. This happens all the time! A guy will ask someone about me and not say a word to me personally. There was another customer I had that did the same thing...asked a coworker about my single status but never said anything to me! It's funny guys always ask me how I'm single...well maybe if you'd ask me out! So my question is...could the reasoning be that they are scared/intimidated by me? I never really believed this to be true but I don't know why else
I can certainly relate to your post.
Guys here who don't want to admit that they are intimidated ( not even a tiny bit) are probably lying to themselves. Otherwise why not approach the girl if you think she looks so good physically, instead of coming up with excuses based on false stereotypes that most people here have about "beautiful" women?

I've personally seen all sorts of reactions coming from guys -and ladies- when they first meet me but really, it's never a good thing to judge someone off their appearance; because the majority of beautiful women I've personally come across with are actually not bad people and are easy going down to earth people.

You just have to be willing to get past the appearance and get to know them personally.
Good luck OP and just be patient; i'm sure there's someone out there that will be willing to do just that.

The worst thing is if you are someone who likes to dress up and look good, people immediately think that you must be a gold digger, not approachable, and high maintenance-which makes absolutely no sense. Smh

Last edited by Flamboyante; 01-21-2014 at 12:58 PM..

Old 01-21-2014, 04:13 PM

7,108 posts, read 8,970,936 times
Quote:

Do you think that could be a positive? A man has to be secure with himself before approaching you?

Old 01-21-2014, 06:19 PM

2,563 posts, read 3,683,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage_girl View Post
So, it just seems that beautiful women usually seem to be high maintenance. By that, I mean expensive clothes, expensive cars, multiple credit cards, the need for vacations, etc. In other words, very expensive.

Old 01-21-2014, 07:19 PM

113 posts, read 275,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John7777 View Post
So, it just seems that beautiful women usually seem to be high maintenance. By that, I mean expensive clothes, expensive cars, multiple credit cards, the need for vacations, etc. In other words, very expensive.

that's actually not true. I know a couple guys with beautiful girlfriends who are very low maintenance

It just all depends. Don't judge a book by a cover
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships