Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2014, 10:10 AM

14 posts, read 10,523 times

Advertisements

It is natural for men to find other woman attractive while in a committed, healthy, happy, strong relationship? I have read elsewhere that this is normal, and often a phase for men in their mid 20's, perhaps throughout their lives, even. Any feedback, advice would be thoroughly appreciated. Thanks in advance-
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2014, 10:12 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times
Just because one is in a committed relationship does not mean they cannot appreciate the beauty of another human.
It is not limited to men either and there is nothing about any part of a relationship that is limited to men or women.

Old 01-21-2014, 10:13 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,186,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarais View Post
It is natural for men to find other woman attractive while in a committed, healthy, happy, strong relationship? I have read elsewhere that this is normal, and often a phase for men in their mid 20's, perhaps throughout their lives, even. Any feedback, advice would be thoroughly appreciated. Thanks in advance-

It's normal for everyone man, woman and beast.

Old 01-21-2014, 10:14 AM

887 posts, read 1,100,154 times
Speaking for myself, I never cheated on either of my wives, but always admired the beauty of beautiful looking people. I think that is a natural thing for either of the sexes.

Old 01-21-2014, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Just because one is in a committed relationship does not mean they cannot appreciate the beauty of another human.
It is not limited to men either and there is nothing about any part of a relationship that is limited to men or women.
I agree 110%, for both men and women. Thank you. My SO was unsure if this was unfair to me.

Old 01-21-2014, 10:36 AM

I guess my next part of the question would be, Having curiosity about other women? Wondering what it's like to date someone else? Is this normal/ natural?

Old 01-21-2014, 10:42 AM

659 posts, read 1,172,952 times
wondering if the grass is greener is probably normal for some acting on it is selfish

Old 01-21-2014, 10:42 AM

9,130 posts, read 20,012,483 times
All people can find people outside of their relationships 'attractive.'

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarais View Post
I guess my next part of the question would be, Having curiosity about other women? Wondering what it's like to date someone else? Is this normal/ natural?
It is what one does with their recognition of someone outside of their relationship as attratcitve that can be a problem.

If someone often or frequently has feelings making them curious about others outside of their relationship, having desires for others, etc, it is not likely overly healthy for your relationship. (What it "means" could be varied, such as not being satisfied in your current relationship).

Old 01-21-2014, 11:27 AM

This is where it gets difficult, as we have been dating for 6 years. We started dating fairly young, however we have matured tremendously and the strength and happiness in our relationship is as best as it could be. I say this without doubt. I know from the pits of my heart when he tells me he loves me more than I ever will know and would do anything for me, he means it. We laugh until we cry together, are there unconditionally for each other on life's rough days and all together, just have a happy, otherwise healthy relationship. I only ask if it is natural/ normal to have these feelings as we haven't seriously dated other people besides each other. It's hard to comprehend dropping a perfect relationship for such a reason.

Old 01-21-2014, 11:36 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,605,427 times
There is no such thing as perfect relationship. I think wondering if the grass is greener because one is curious is fairly normal but it can lead one down a wrong path very quickly. If a person wonders if the grass is greener, because they think they can do better, chances are their current relationship is bound to fail, because of all their destructive thoughts and behavior such stance would bring about. Modern worlds narcissism, entitlement and overgrown egos often have a person believe they deserve nothing but the best, while in reality they deserve what they get.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships