Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2014, 09:52 AM

7,235 posts, read 7,040,258 times

Advertisements

How can you be a "flake" if there was nothing to "flake' on?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2014, 09:56 AM

1,115 posts, read 1,194,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
How can you be a "flake" if there was nothing to "flake' on?
He is trying to initiate a date and she stops responding. She reinitiates just enough to get him asking about free time to set up a date again and then disappears. You don't need to not physically show up somewhere to be a flake.

You people are splitting hairs to put the blame on him. Could never be were dealing with an uninterested attention h o. Gasp. A woman not being a good person. Gasp gasp, never on CD lol.

Old 01-29-2014, 09:58 AM

Or, she's just engaging in a mild flirtation.

Old 01-29-2014, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Or, she's just engaging in a mild flirtation.
Which is common of attention seekers with guys they are not interested in anything more than their chasing attention. We call these women flakes when they disappear after you initiated chasing.

Old 01-29-2014, 10:01 AM

2,152 posts, read 3,398,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Maybe none of it ever happened? There seem to be some serious inconsistencies going on.
sorry next time i will have Spielberg film it

Old 01-29-2014, 10:03 AM

It's sad to me that flirtation for its own sake has such negative connotations these days! No one is winning or losing here, it can just be for fun.

Old 01-29-2014, 10:07 AM

5,210 posts, read 4,672,866 times
If she never returned your call after you left a message, she isn't that interested. This, in addition to all the other signs.

Old 01-29-2014, 10:08 AM

15,714 posts, read 21,073,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by howdydoody342 View Post
sorry yes initially i said let me know when you are free but didnt hear anything back, when i asked her a few days later how her NYE was she say sorry i'm a klutz for never getting back to you, yadda yadda yadda, but nothing about getting together. That was where i stopped communicating to her because she didnt bring up getting together again so i figured it was a lost cause till i saw her out again. Either way i called her last night to ask if she was available on Friday
Well there you go! If she doesn't return your call in a reasonable amount of time then she isn't interested. If she responds and says she has plans for Friday, and then doesn't offer an alternative day then I wouldn't contact her again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rationalmale18 View Post
He is trying to initiate a date and she stops responding. She reinitiates just enough to get him asking about free time to set up a date again and then disappears. You don't need to not physically show up somewhere to be a flake.

You people are splitting hairs to put the blame on him. Could never be were dealing with an uninterested attention h o. Gasp. A woman not being a good person. Gasp gasp, never on CD lol.
All he said was "let's hang out sometime". He put the idea out there but never followed up with what they were actually going to do. She didn't disappear. She was probably wondering why he hadn't asked her for a specific time/day when they called and made small talk.

If I were her I'd assume that HE was not all that interested. If someone asked me to hang out and then didn't follow through with plans I'd just assume they were not that into me.

Old 01-29-2014, 10:09 AM

Quote:
It's sad to me that flirtation for its own sake has such negative connotations these days! No one is winning or losing here, it can just be for fun.
The guy loses when he wants to pursue further. You get your attention fix and ego boost that someone is chasing you, he gets nothing and disappointment. Only an attention h o would think that's win win

Old 01-29-2014, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by howdydoody342 View Post
sorry next time i will have Spielberg film it
Haha right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships