Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2014, 08:27 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,733,087 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCoast8 View Post
Turning 27 soon. Usually like to disguise my age online for some reason. But thanks for pointing that out. And yes that situation was fixed, I left her and discontinued all contact with her. She actually contacted me saying she wanted to "rekindle the flame" a year later but I ignored her. But soon after that I got back with this woman again.
Interesting that you would lie about your age in the same sentence where you say there's "no reason to be dishonest about my age on a forum."

I also believe you are lying in your OP. For instance, you say you got back with her "late last year" which means within the past 2-3 months, but the timeline of your story does not fit.

It's very telling since I think dishonesty might be at the heart of your problem. It usually is. Most of the issues we see on here boil down to people lying to themselves or to others.

Ask yourself: What are you deceiving yourself about in this particular situation? What casual lies are you telling others, and for what reason?

Think about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2014, 08:31 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
she will never give you a 100% she cant if she did she would be a rotten mother.
on the other hand if she has zero time for you that is a giant red flag about what is up the road and why the last guy isnt there anymore. people running on empty are needy and cant give anybody jack.

Old 01-30-2014, 08:34 PM

120 posts, read 195,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Hm. Exactly 3 years ago you were 22. So you must be 25 now not 27? I can see how that might be a difficult detail to remember.

And did you ever get this situation sorted out? How about an update?

My Girlfriend that I met from Craigslist may be scamming me for 2 years any advice?
My girlfriend of 2 years ended up being a possible scammer (met on Craigslist) any advice?
I met a girl on Craigslist, had a relationship with her for 2 years but we never met. Is she scamming me out of my money
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Interesting that you would lie about your age in the same sentence where you say there's "no reason to be dishonest about my age on a forum."

I also believe you are lying in your OP. For instance, you say you got back with her "late last year" which means within the past 2-3 months, but the timeline of your story does not fit.

It's very telling since I think dishonesty might be at the heart of your problem. It usually is. Most of the issues we see on here boil down to people lying to themselves or to others.

Ask yourself: What are you deceiving yourself about in this particular situation? What casual lies are you telling others, and for what reason?

Think about it.
I will.

Old 01-31-2014, 09:18 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,748,754 times
West Coast, you've got some work to do on yourself.

You are really not in a healthy relationship and won't be until you get your own act together.

I suggest you step back from this woman, she's got her own issues to deal with, and do some deep, honest self evaluation and introspection.

Old 01-31-2014, 09:33 AM

1,003 posts, read 1,612,240 times
I didn't read your entire post....but any child-free guy (and you're still young!) getting involved with a woman with baggage, I mean children, is a huge mistake. Run Forrest, RUN!

Old 01-31-2014, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragazza2011 View Post
I didn't read your entire post....but any child-free guy (and you're still young!) getting involved with a woman with baggage, I mean children, is a huge mistake. Run Forrest, RUN!
You should probably read the whole post before commenting. That goes for every post, actually.

Old 01-31-2014, 01:33 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,165,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCoast8 View Post
It's really a long story but I know you guys don't like to read long stories lol so I'll keep it as short as possible. I'm really in a bad situation I have been with this woman on and off for about 9 years (we didn't talk for a couple years in between and she had kids with her husband now ex husband) and I recently got back with her late last year. I moved in with her because I came from 3000 miles always basically have gave up my life for her (third time I've done that) we are both 27. Anyway she has always had a bad attitude and one min loves me and the next min doesn't. I treat her kids like they were my own love them a lot. She rarely spends any time with me only work and kids and we sleep and that's it. A couple months ago she kicked me out because she was afraid of getting in trouble with me being at her house (she is a foster parent) so at 3am she starts a fight with me and takes me to her mothers to stay. Her foster kids dad slept on the coach at her house that night she dropped me off. Since then I have been living here she never comes to see me.

She comes to her mothers every week but most of the time she doesn't speak to me or she just says hi. And then she wants me to come and sit with everyone in the living room and doesn't give me any one on one time with her unless she wants it which is rare. I asked her why she will go and hang out with her family and not me and she says "because they don't want anything from me or my attention" She says she wants to get married but for now her kids and job come first. And she has also cheated on me years ago. But then when I want to leave her she says she wants to work on us and then the next day it's like she forgot we even spoke. I tell her the things that bother me and she feels I'm complaining about her and doesn't want to hear it or she will agree and say your right I was wrong but nothing changes. It's all about her and her kids and even her foster kids who are leaving in a month but she has a long list of people and things she cares about and it seems I'm at the the bottom even though she says otherwise. Then she tells me she will never put a man over her kids.

She grew up not caring about men but says she loves me and wants to spend her life with me "in the end". But when I try to break up with her she says she wants us and she wants to work on us for the sake of her kids. She also says she feels emotionally unstable. So it seems like the convenient thing for her because chances are she won't find anyone else with 3 kids and her attitude. I honestly feel she only wants me because of the relationship that I have with her kids and how I'm faithful to her and don't complain much even though she has put me thru hell on multiple occasions. So when the kids father comes back to town I have do deal with his drama he wasn't here when I first moved back.

This will be my 3rd time moving back here for her and with her and all 3 times she has kicked me out. But always wants me back at some point and when I told her no she moved to NYC and tried to get me back. Still said no but truth is I loved her a lot and eventually I gave her another chance but truth is the entire time I've known her she hasn't changed. Even before she had kids she was selfish and did what was best for her. But she hates the thought of me being with someone else. I honestly don't know how I even fell in love with her my family hates her but her family loves me. I have even give her money but when I ask her for money it's an issue. What should I do?
Good God. Have some self-respect and end it now.

Old 01-31-2014, 01:42 PM

1,846 posts, read 2,045,240 times
Dear god...man do you have one iota of common sense? It's time to eject out of this relationship.

Old 01-31-2014, 02:34 PM

1,250 posts, read 2,158,539 times
What an unknowable, inexplicable thing is love.

That's really all there is to say about all this.

Old 01-31-2014, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdinmigration View Post
What an unknowable, inexplicable thing is love.

That's really all there is to say about all this.
We have established that the story is full of falsehoods, so who knows what "this" is. Not love, certainly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships