Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2014, 07:56 PM

1,823 posts, read 2,845,939 times

Advertisements

First impressions count for something, but they're certainly not everything, and anyone who bases EVERYTHING on a first impression is an idiot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2014, 10:42 PM
SF

286 posts, read 324,745 times
I have zero experience in dating(I have never dated till now) but I think I can understand what you've written.I would say yes the first impression that you give is certainly important as it helps the other understand what kind of a person you are.It gives an overall perspective, an image of what that person is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by techcrium View Post
Let's say you are the type of person who is dirty, poor, negative outlook, etc but on the first date, you rent a nice car, shave/shower and dress sharp, have a little drink so you loosen up and by the end of the date, you might have convinced the girl to even sleep with you......
Yes but its also true that some people misuse this first impression and show off their best,even if they are nowhere close to it.They give off false positive impression.They do so because they actually want to put a good image in your mind, which is a lie because they are not being themselves,at that moment they are trying to be someone else or showing off as someone they are not.In my view it is totally wrong and at all costs should not be done.

Truth will eventually come one day or another.

Quote:
Originally Posted by techcrium View Post
Isn't that a terrible process? On my first date, I'd rather the girl not wear any makeup and show me her worst so I know exactly what I am getting at. (well not her worst, but her regular everyday attitude) ......
Yes well said .You should always show your true self no matter what the situation might be and then leave the decsion to others whether they want to accept you or not.In my view "You should never try to impress someone,let others get impressed by the fact that you are who you are and don't try to impress others".The right person will like you for who you are.

Even in general terms not talking about dating and relationships as such but in any situation you should always be true to yourself and to others
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships