Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2014, 04:12 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,006,045 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskaboy View Post
Look, both sexes do it all the time! If I had a dollar for every time throughout my life I've overheard some 250 pound plus, loud mouthed woman yelling about how her perspective man better be huge down there, I'd be rich. It's always those types too. LOL. And all the while I'm thinking, to myself, "yeah I do pretty good down there myself, but you're the last thing I'd ever want to use it on."
Loudmouth women like you've described come in all shapes and sizes. It is certainly not limited to overweight women. In fact, every time I've experienced anything similar to this it was with a thin/lean/athletic woman. Women in every body type have a preference for "size" or a certain income or look or whatever. The loudmouth aspect of it is certainly not limited by body type.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskaboy View Post
I do think men tend to get more of a pass on the weight thing though. A chubby guy is called a cuddle buddy, or warm and soft like a bear. Fat women, are just fat. Not fair in my opinion, but it is that way.
Not only that, but a guy who prefers to be with an overweight woman is called a "cubby chaser." I don't take offense to the term, but the very existence of it implies it is deemed abnormal. Do we have a term for a guy who only likes blondes? Black girls? Thin girls?

Old 02-12-2014, 06:24 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,048,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Uh, there are women that don't swallow post high school??
The ones from post college do!

Old 02-12-2014, 07:08 PM

4,751 posts, read 5,440,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soy sauce View Post

Lol. Its food /soda, donuts and ice cream, etc\ that women gain lbs overnight /body cant gain weight without consuming something\ common sense! theres no weight fairy flying around at night adding pounds while women sleep, ha.
This is a classic example of 'something I don't understand about the female body, therefore it must be fake!'

Women DO indeed gain weight around their periods because of water retention, gas and bloating. Sorry, you lose.

"Weight gain during a period is usually due to water retention in the tissues. Although it is not a serious condition, women may be alarmed that they can gain a few pounds, ranging from one to six pounds. Others can gain as much as ten pounds, even if they feel that they have not done anything to increase their weight."

Weight Gain during Period | MD-Health.com

Old 02-12-2014, 07:20 PM

1,276 posts, read 1,775,526 times
Look, keeping nice and fit is not easy, but it's not impossible either. If you're fat and don't like it, do something about it. there are no excuses! The good thing about being overweight, is you CAN lose the weight. You don't have to stay fat.

Old 02-12-2014, 08:30 PM

527 posts, read 600,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonBeam33 View Post
Women DO indeed gain weight around their periods because of water retention, gas and bloating.
Water is heavy and contributes to weight. Gas, not so much.

Old 02-12-2014, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucktownbabe View Post
Water is heavy and contributes to weight. Gas, not so much.
This thread keeps getting better and better.

Old 02-12-2014, 08:40 PM

527 posts, read 600,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
This thread keeps getting better and better.
Maybe she has unusually heavy gas? I dunno.

Old 02-12-2014, 08:48 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,073,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
So, are you actually saying if you burn more calories than you consume you will NOT lose weight? Seriously, are you telling me this?

You will not find a real nutritionist/physician out there that will back that.
For some folks, their metabolism may run extremely low. It's a struggle to burn more than I consume without becoming malnourished. I've been battling this for a few years now and It's extremely difficult to lose weight because of it.

However, people love to make assumptions about others being lazy or unmotivated or not working hard enough if they aren't successful with weight loss.

Old 02-12-2014, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
For some folks, their metabolism may run extremely low. It's a struggle to burn more than I consume without becoming malnourished. I've been battling this for a few years now and It's extremely difficult to lose weight because of it.

However, people love to make assumptions about others being lazy or unmotivated or not working hard enough if they aren't successful with weight loss.
You should check out the "fat acceptance" thread OP linked a while ago. Wow. In one post one guy went from acknowledging that people all have different levels of physical talent to essentially denying weight loss comes more difficult for some than for others.

Old 02-12-2014, 09:51 PM

4,751 posts, read 5,440,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucktownbabe View Post
Maybe she has unusually heavy gas? I dunno.
Hey, look who's back!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships