Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2014, 12:49 PM

2,331 posts, read 3,213,875 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inebriated Duck View Post
I found my future career path.

Inebriated Duck, professional Cuddle Therapist.
Never mind the feathers, right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2014, 12:55 PM

501 posts, read 1,050,480 times
I could see myself possibly doing it when I was younger, and not married. I understand the need to feel someone close to you, even in a non-sexual way. To each their own. If the customer and the cuddler are both satisfied, and happy, whats the harm?

Old 02-09-2014, 12:55 PM

2,679 posts, read 2,902,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
I understand the craving for nurturing human touch. It is very different from the desire for sex (for those of you who are simplistically equating it). It is more like what children get from their parents. Most adults get this need met by hugging (not snuggling) their friends, siblings and other relatives, partners and children. I would even say it is natural to go without "snuggling" for many single people (because they are adults, not children). Snuggling is not a necessity, IMO.

I guess I feel sad for people who have so little human contact in their lives that they have to pay strangers to get a concentrated dose of something they could be getting frequently for free if they had closer relationships with their families and friends.
That is the real issue. Well said.

+rep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
I would like to know what particular training or credentials make someone "professional level."
Maybe they attended a school of Holistic Healing and/or completed classes in that area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago South Sider View Post
This is just sad. It's pathetic, really.
Disagree. You'd be surprised how many top-level, high-ranking professionals, in stressful positions that require long hours and specialized skills are starved for touch.

The Cuddling Professionals with get decent business from folks with decent salaries. They're fulfilling a basic human need.

Old 02-09-2014, 01:04 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,134,528 times
No. $60.00 for this? If someone is by themselves that's can be used to go out somewhere and socialize, Increasing the odds of meeting someone for any purpose from friendship to a relationship to just a workout buddy. It's creepy this concept paying someone to cuddle. It seems like every aspect of human interaction can be substituted with a service now-For a price. Weird stuff.

Old 02-09-2014, 01:30 PM

832 posts, read 1,417,793 times
My original reaction was to think "Uhhh... WTF?"

But now I recall that I've dated a couple guys who had not been in a relationship for a while. And I did end up "cuddling" with them initially just to sort of calm them down and get them back into the swing of things.

So although I wouldn't participate in charging/paying for this service, I think it might serve a legitimate need for people.

The more digitized interaction is becoming for humans, I wonder if this may end up growing into a full scale business model, complete with shareholders.

These are crazy times.

Old 02-09-2014, 01:31 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,347,687 times
Never...

Old 02-09-2014, 01:38 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Being that it's supposed to be non-sexual, I'm wondering why looks would matter that much
What women wouldn't want to be cuddled by some hot dude? Lol

Personally, it's weird.

Old 02-09-2014, 02:50 PM

52,269 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
What women wouldn't want to be cuddled by some hot dude? Lol

Personally, it's weird.
I wonder why a woman would pay for someone to cuddle them. I suppose maybe it would be just pure non-sexual in nature. I know for me it's hard to cuddle a woman without sportin some serious wood....

Old 02-09-2014, 03:20 PM

4,745 posts, read 5,572,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UserNamesake View Post

Disagree. You'd be surprised how many top-level, high-ranking professionals, in stressful positions that require long hours and specialized skills are starved for touch.

The Cuddling Professionals with get decent business from folks with decent salaries. They're fulfilling a basic human need.

So, it's less pitiful if these people have good jobs? The fact that you even mentioned that says a lot about you.

Old 02-09-2014, 03:28 PM

2,331 posts, read 3,213,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago South Sider View Post
So, it's less pitiful if these people have good jobs? The fact that you even mentioned that says a lot about you.
Agreed. She's money hungry with no desire for a REAL job, unless it's feeding off someone's vulnerability.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships