Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-14-2014, 05:06 PM

469 posts, read 567,605 times

Advertisements

To say Happy Valentine's day everyone!

Hope you all enjoy it with the sole individual you spend it with and if you aren't spending it with anyone, be thankful for the love and care you get from family and friends!!

This year i was debating on continuing my V-day ritual which is to surprise someone who is either having a rough time as of late or seems to be down on this special holiday. I have done this since my senior year of high school regardless with no intentions of creating a relationship, but to brighten someone's day and to show that someone cares about them. (although i haven't had a relationship since my senior year of high school).

So i was thinking and looking through my Facebook feed over the past week, noticed a grade school friend was down and decided to give her a visit. Bought her a bouquet of flowers, went about 50 minutes out of the way towards Brigatine NJ and stopped into her work and gave them to her. She's working a second shift at the job next door and is going to text me when she's done to go out for a drink or something else of the sort.

Just thought sharing would be a good thing to do.

Enjoy the holiday!

R.G.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2014, 05:48 PM

49,927 posts, read 60,030,056 times
Same to you, hon!

Old 02-14-2014, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Same to you, hon!
Thank you! Have a wonderful evening/weekend!

Old 02-14-2014, 06:00 PM

9,884 posts, read 14,154,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryazer24 View Post

This year i was debating on continuing my V-day ritual which is to surprise someone who is either having a rough time as of late or seems to be down on this special holiday. I have done this since my senior year of high school regardless with no intentions of creating a relationship, but to brighten someone's day and to show that someone cares about them. (although i haven't had a relationship since my senior year of high school).
What a wonderful tradition. Valentine's Day is such a commercial, fabricated holiday that it is hard to think it's a "good" holiday. (And I'm actually married with a wonderful, loving husband.) But to use this date to bring joy to someone who is down, and not necessarily in a romantic way, is fantastic.

I hope you don't mind, but I might steal your tradition.....

Old 02-14-2014, 06:04 PM

7,453 posts, read 13,437,942 times
It was yesterday my time. Hope u all get laid.

Old 02-14-2014, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spencgr View Post
What a wonderful tradition. Valentine's Day is such a commercial, fabricated holiday that it is hard to think it's a "good" holiday. (And I'm actually married with a wonderful, loving husband.) But to use this date to bring joy to someone who is down, and not necessarily in a romantic way, is fantastic.

I hope you don't mind, but I might steal your tradition.....
I've been doing it for 6 years now and not once has it failed me in making someone's day. I don't mind, i wish more individuals would do it. Both men and women. Don't have to do it every year like i do. Last year i did it for a depressed friend and we started to create a relationship from it when i had no intention on it becoming a relationship (but went with it anyway, unfortunately it fell through because we hold different values).

So use it the right way. If you go over the top with it, you could put yourself in the wrong situation.

Enjoy! Do it from the bottom of your heart!

Old 02-14-2014, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post
It was yesterday my time. Hope u all get laid.
haha appreciate it. But not looking to get laid just yet. Much rather be in a relationship prior to that. It's just my mindset.

Old 02-14-2014, 06:33 PM

4,005 posts, read 4,113,028 times
Thank you.

That's a nice gesture to care about others and express it to them.

I never took V-Day seriously, but tried to to make it fun rather than a high-pressure thing. After all, two people are supposed to love each other 365 days a year. Some days are tougher than others, but it's the stick-to-it-tive-ness from both people that makes makes it last.

Old 02-14-2014, 06:41 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,194,453 times
You're awesome!!!

My Valentine's Day has been spent changing dirty diapers, cleaning sheets, cleaning up after my dog, shoveling snow, and taking care of my two babies! My husband had to work all day today - so he left around 6am and won't be home until after midnight. But he ended up with the night off last night (he called in his sub because the trains weren't running on their normal schedule because of the weather) so we had an unexpected evening together! It sucks not getting to see each other at all on Valentine's Day but we have a whole lifetime together - one day isn't going to make a big difference!

Old 02-14-2014, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by metamorphosis View Post
Thank you.

That's a nice gesture to care about others and express it to them.

I never took V-Day seriously, but tried to to make it fun rather than a high-pressure thing. After all, two people are supposed to love each other 365 days a year. Some days are tougher than others, but it's the stick-to-it-tive-ness from both people that makes makes it last.
i try to keep it stress/pressure free because i like to show the "love" or "affection" 365 days a year (when i'm in a relationship). To all other human beings i just prefer to show that i care and am a person they can turn to. it's my way of expressing gratitude for them being who they are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
You're awesome!!!

My Valentine's Day has been spent changing dirty diapers, cleaning sheets, cleaning up after my dog, shoveling snow, and taking care of my two babies! My husband had to work all day today - so he left around 6am and won't be home until after midnight. But he ended up with the night off last night (he called in his sub because the trains weren't running on their normal schedule because of the weather) so we had an unexpected evening together! It sucks not getting to see each other at all on Valentine's Day but we have a whole lifetime together - one day isn't going to make a big difference!
Well, you showed love to the baby and enjoyed an evening with your husband the other night! Counts for something! Good viewpoint, and hoping for many many more happy days together!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships