Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2014, 01:49 PM

1,027 posts, read 1,621,812 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky4life View Post
It's really easy for me to get dates. Just not dates with anyone I would actually date.

Read that until you get it
I get this, which is exactly why I posted what I posted.

The reason you're having a hardtime with getting dates is you, not others.

please read until you get it

Old 02-15-2014, 01:51 PM

260 posts, read 605,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbiePoster View Post
This. I lived in Seattle until a couple of years ago. Seattle is packed with athletic women, in-shape curvy women, cute petite women, you name it!
Unfortunately, though, Seattleites are not friendly. You mentioned that there are a lot of hot babes walking their dog(s) around Greenlake. True, but I wouldn't try to start a conversation with any of them.

Old 02-15-2014, 02:02 PM

4,038 posts, read 4,862,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryManback View Post
Unfortunately, though, Seattleites are not friendly. You mentioned that there are a lot of hot babes walking their dog(s) around Greenlake. True, but I wouldn't try to start a conversation with any of them.
Your loss, man, your loss! A lot of those women are out there to see and be seen, and they're definitely grateful when someone notices. What "Seattleites are not friendly" means is that most dudes are too chicken-sh1t or self-absorbed to approach women, or they just have no idea how it's done. That makes easy pickings for the rest of us. Easy. Pickings.

Old 02-15-2014, 02:30 PM

52,249 posts, read 52,655,546 times
Quote:
I often hear my friends tell me how lucky I am to be in my mid 30's and still be lean and muscular; however, I find it harder to date these days than it was in my 20's because there are so few people that have stayed in shape. I'm not willing to date someone that's overweight. It's nothing against them personally. I'm just not attracted to overweight women, and being with someone that is active and eats healthy is important to me. The thing that blows me away, is that my single friends (both male and female) that are not in good shape are always going on dates. As my best friend has said to me while laughing " my dating pool is 3 times as big as yours.......literally." In a way it's funny, but it's also kinda sad. It seem odd that we live in a society that's so unhealthy, that my dating life would improve by stuffing my face and joining the masses. I even live in one of the healthiest cities in america (Seattle), and it's still really hard to meet single women over 30 that aren't overweight.
It gets harder and harder the older you get, then you factor in previously married people with kids, etc etc the baggage get to be more in general. You have to decide if a woman with just a couple extra is ok or not, not saying you can't find fit women in their 30's. Just sayin.

Old 02-15-2014, 02:34 PM

1,027 posts, read 1,621,812 times
I'm healthy and in shape.

defense mechanism, would that describe you calling people here fat and out of shape? lol what a guy

Old 02-15-2014, 02:37 PM

Location: Prince Georges County, MD (formerly Long Island, NY)
1,558 posts, read 2,723,956 times
If your reaction, once you didn't get the responses you wanted, was to call us all fat, I can't imagine what you'd say to a SO if she disagreed with you.

Old 02-15-2014, 02:38 PM

6,129 posts, read 6,809,038 times
Holy cow. Didn't see THAT coming. LOL

Old 02-15-2014, 02:42 PM

3,452 posts, read 4,617,882 times
Quote:
Not really my thing. I'm 35, so a woman in her late 20's is as low as I would want to deal with. I typically date women within 5 years of my age.
Where do you live? Plenty of fit 30 something women in Northern Jersey/NYC.
Matter of fact...we have 40 somethings that are still in great shape.

I happen to be an overweight guy that am in the process of getting into better shape.
I don't really have a problem getting attention from the type of women that you desire.
Maybe you need to work on your game a little bit.

Old 02-15-2014, 02:44 PM

102,217 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
Or maybe he really is too hot for anyone around and just needed to get it off his chest.
LOLOL! Ah, life's burdens! It really is tough for some people, no? Thanks for some needed comic relief. lol!

Old 02-15-2014, 02:57 PM

1,198 posts, read 1,179,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
It takes a profound lack of critical thought (and self control) to make such an ignorant statement. I suspected OP started this thread as a venue to say, "look at me I'm too beautiful for anyone around me" and this rant sort of confirms it. My guess is if he can't find "fit" women in their 30s he is 1) not even looking, 2) has an exceedingly high standard, or 3) is gay. Or maybe he really is too hot for anyone around and just needed to get it off his chest.
Anyone with an ounce of common sense knows that the negative comments are coming from people that are butthurt by my thread because they feel insulted. Come on now.......

At no point in my post does it say that I think I'm beautiful. I'm just an average looking guy that's in good shape, looking for an average looking woman that's not overweight. I find it crazy that we're so overweight in this country, that it's actually become more difficult for someone like myself to date.
I meet women that I would date all the time. It's not like they don't exist, but they're all taken, and the ones that aren't know their value. It's really just a ratio thing. There are literally 3 guys like myself for every woman that's fit.

I do look, and it's not as if I don't go out on dates. I'm just saying it's much harder than it used to be, and I feel that if I were 20lbs overweight like most people I know, I think dating would actually be easier.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships