Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2014, 09:28 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,251,824 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bson1257 View Post
Probably the main reason why I have never been in a relationship is due to the fact that I'm always broke. How do other people who have little or no money go out and date and even get married?

Oh for crying out loud, when I started dating my husband he was in debt that amounted to about 6 figures as the result of a divorce and I dated him anyway and married him.
We did a lot of free things and since I didn't make a lot of money either we pooled our resources for something special every couple of months and spent a lot of time at home which was fine for both of us.

I was dating him not his money and he is still the most important part of our relationship, not his money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2014, 09:30 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,204,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bson1257 View Post
Probably the main reason why I have never been in a relationship is due to the fact that I'm always broke. How do other people who have little or no money go out and date and even get married?
By having a good heart and spirit and seeking the same in others, and not trying to form relationships with people who put money on a pedestal. My ex-husband was not a wealthy man, but he was extremely intelligent and witty, didn't have a mean bone in his body, and was easy on the eyes. If I met a man like him today, who learned the lessons about partnership that he did after our divorce (he'll tell you he had no business getting married when he did, he was still larval), and was done raising his kids, I'd snatch him up in a heartbeat.

Old 02-16-2014, 09:38 PM

3,009 posts, read 3,643,385 times
Well I do not know how old the OP is but if he 30 years old like me working a dead end job with no room for advancement your going to have a hard time finding a long term GF. Ones best bet is to find a woman that has no money so you two can have no money together. One option is to do something about it like I am .

I think it one thing going to college even at 30 and being broke then being 30 years old happy at a dead end job and happy with just enough money for beer on days off then it is a problem.

Once i transfer to a university I am going to be short on some ends and eating peanut sandwiches and not going out much I would like to think a female would see well this guy going places in like . Hell have you seen the cost of college ? Seattle U is 12k a quarter just for tuition then go add in books or rent , food, other stuff.

Old 02-16-2014, 09:39 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,655,977 times
People with little to no money reproduce more than people with money.

Old 02-16-2014, 09:45 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,371,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mochamajesty View Post
You find someone who is either in the same situation or who doesn't consider it a dealbreaker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
It helps to find someone who isn't so shallow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
This pretty well covers it. + free dates, hanging out at home, and if marriage is in the cards, a civil ceremony w/a Justice of the Peace. I know people who've done it this way, when they were in grad school.

/thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
same way other people get into relationships. They meet someone who does not have a concern with this, Or they have a similar life situation. With the exception of the very wealthy, Finances can be fleeting for many people at certain times. They may be supporting kids/family, A medical issue/car repairs or other life event comes up etc. People get laid off and seek new employment and their situation changes for an amount of time until it improves.

Main point here: Someone for everyone. We are all not fashion models with 3% body fat, perfect teeth and hair and piles of money in the vault. We have flaws, Some that others even find endearing actually sometimes. We have ups and downs, And we are also often our own harshest critics. When you couple that with what society projects as being "ideal" and what others may say about us one can imagine how much anxiety some of us carry around. It's always great to strive to do one's best but sometimes we have to work with what life throws at us. No one controls the mechanics of the universe 100%.Live strong and be humble is best.
Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
Easy...you show respect, curtesy, kindness, and consideration...it doesn't cost anything.
If you believe that the reason you've not "been in a relationship" is because you have no money, you are your own worst enemy as far a having a relationship goes.
What they said.

My beau doesn't make much money (<20k), and it isn't an issue to me. He enjoys his work, and it isn't work that pulls in a lot of money. I'm still in school, and whatever field I end up pursuing long term also won't pull in a lot of money (60+k), and that's okay with me. We both share the same thoughts on standard of living and all that jazz. He's always lived simply, and I'm starting over in many ways following a divorce. We're both in similar situations and we're understanding and accepting of that.

Old 02-16-2014, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
No true the average millionaire is married never been divorced and has three kids .

Yes you are right the poor are the only ones that can afford to have kids and working poor and middle class get bent over.

Old 02-16-2014, 11:49 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,464,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post

You appear to be thinking of the underclass; men who are consistently employed and at low wages probably reproduce very little, if for no other reason than because women generally do not consider them desirable.

Old 02-16-2014, 11:54 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krieger00 View Post
Well I do not know how old the OP is but if he 30 years old like me working a dead end job with no room for advancement your going to have a hard time finding a long term GF. Ones best bet is to find a woman that has no money so you two can have no money together. One option is to do something about it like I am .

I think it one thing going to college even at 30 and being broke then being 30 years old happy at a dead end job and happy with just enough money for beer on days off then it is a problem.

Once i transfer to a university I am going to be short on some ends and eating peanut sandwiches and not going out much I would like to think a female would see well this guy going places in like . Hell have you seen the cost of college ? Seattle U is 12k a quarter just for tuition then go add in books or rent , food, other stuff.
Seattle U is free if you can demonstrate financial need. Everyone I know who went there didn't pay a dime for tuition or housing. Spare us the sob story.

Women don't care if you're broke when you're in college. That should be obvious, judging by all the dating that goes on in college.

Get a grip.

Old 02-17-2014, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Seattle U is free if you can demonstrate financial need. Everyone I know who went there didn't pay a dime for tuition or housing. Spare us the sob story.

Women don't care if you're broke when you're in college. That should be obvious, judging by all the dating that goes on in college.

Get a grip.
That is why I am going to quit my job and go find one making min wage so I can get all the help money wise I can get. Seeing that i only make 19 bucks and hour the government told me I make to much for any help now. :roll eyes:

I am going to quit one year in advance of applying for financial help.I just got to tell them, i do not want any more money then $9.50 an hour do not want to make too much.

As far as living expenses I live in my car if i have too if that is what I got to do.

Truth be told like paying my own way it keeps me driven like i have to beat the person next to me on every test , midterm , project . Also It allows me be an underdog one that was giving nothing the one you love to hate.

Last edited by krieger00; 02-17-2014 at 12:32 AM..

Old 02-17-2014, 12:27 AM

To the OP just improve your self go back to college get a better job do what ever to make you situation better .

The 2nd thing you can do is just date woman that are broke as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships