Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2014, 02:55 PM

5,198 posts, read 5,281,217 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Yes it is. While we can all appreciate and empathize with her pain, no one should be encouraging her to stoop so low as to actually exact "revenge".

That concept is for tv, movies and the ignorant among us.

Yes.

I could see if she were telling the husband out of concern. But telling him just to start drama and hurt someone else makes her no better than the BF in my eyes.

Amazing people on here don't see it that way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2014, 04:18 PM

1,839 posts, read 3,068,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mochamajesty View Post
Yes.

I could see if she were telling the husband out of concern. But telling him just to start drama and hurt someone else makes her no better than the BF in my eyes.

Amazing people on here don't see it that way.
Just got back online and noticing this post and sixy's . Im surprised people (you two, I have to go back and read the rest) think it's a bad thing. If you were in his shoes would you want to know?

Old 02-23-2014, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
Have some self respect and just end it.

If you want to look worse than the person cheating, go right ahead and try to get revenge. Maybe he's looking to cheat for a reason.
Sure, take his side. No one is perfect and I definitely can be a handful. Having said that, I am good to him, I cook for him rather than have him take me out when he's short on funds, I have all the sex with him he wants, good sex too, I keep myself in shape and I look pretty for him and his friends so he can be proud of me. I am kind to everyone around him, even people who are questionable. I listen to him when he has a long day at work. I don't deserve to be cheated on. No one does.

Old 02-23-2014, 04:22 PM

5,198 posts, read 5,281,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lastwomanstanding View Post
Just got back online and noticing this post and sixy's . Im surprised people (you two, I have to go back and read the rest) think it's a bad thing. If you were in his shoes would you want to know?

It is your motive that sickens me. You don't give a damn about this man; you want to stick it to her.

And if I were him, I would need more proof. I certainly wouldn't want to hear it from someone who would relish destroying my world so much.

Disgusting.

Old 02-23-2014, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
The worst part of this entire situation is the one who started this whole mess by cheating the first time
(the original posters boyfrriend) is not going to be affected at all. He will walk away from the entire mess and find someone else within hours.

Bottom line any "revenge" you get by telling the woman's husband is only going to affect the woman's husband and may or may not affect the woman at all and will not affect your current boyfriend.

So in the end who is the foolish one doing foolish things instead of just walking away and leaving it all behind?
Well made point , and that is why I asked if anyone had any better ideas? I do want to get the woman too, it would hurt her if her husband knew, otherwise, why would she hide it from him? It can be looked at as doing husband a favor, if I were him , I'd want to know.

Old 02-23-2014, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mochamajesty View Post
It is your motive that sickens me. You don't give a damn about this man; you want to stick it to her.

And if I were him, I would need more proof. I certainly wouldn't want to hear it from someone who would relish destroying my world so much.

Disgusting.
Fair enough. My motive is revenge, I never said it wasn't. I do agree I am doing him a favor. I would want to be told if it were me. Wouldn't you want someone to tell you? I don't want to destroy his world. I do feel somewhat bad but shouldn't he know the truth? I would want someone to tell me, I know that for sure. Maybe he is different.

And I for sure want to stick it to her. Why should she get to stick it to me and not care about my pain but I must look like the good person and walk away? I don't care how I look. I feel bad for her husband, I do, but screw her.

Old 02-23-2014, 05:47 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,745,758 times
Take the high road lws. You will waste your life with hatred and revenge. All this does is steal your soul away and you will never find inner peace.

Walk away and next time you meet a guy, be a little more discerning about his character.

Old 02-23-2014, 06:33 PM

1,505 posts, read 1,811,513 times
Why are you angry with the new girlfriend? She wouldn't be with your man if he didn't want to be with her her.

The best revenge is to kick him to the curb, look good, live well and move on. As long as you are angry and want revenge, you are giving your bf and his new gf complete control over your life. Cheating hurts, but it happens everyday. Move on.

Old 02-23-2014, 06:52 PM

2,156 posts, read 3,334,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lastwomanstanding View Post
Fair enough. My motive is revenge, I never said it wasn't. I do agree I am doing him a favor. I would want to be told if it were me. Wouldn't you want someone to tell you? I don't want to destroy his world. I do feel somewhat bad but shouldn't he know the truth? I would want someone to tell me, I know that for sure. Maybe he is different.

And I for sure want to stick it to her. Why should she get to stick it to me and not care about my pain but I must look like the good person and walk away? I don't care how I look. I feel bad for her husband, I do, but screw her.
OP,

Do what you have to do that is best for you. In the end, it's your life, your decision. Just make sure whatever you do, make sure you can stomach it, no regrets. You don't need a bunch of strangers' approval, you don't need to explain/justify to anyone. Just remember, no regrets which ever way you go.

Old 02-23-2014, 06:53 PM

2,319 posts, read 3,053,237 times
I would want to know if my spouse was cheating on me, and the motives for the person telling me would be irrelevant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships