Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2014, 12:28 AM

4,463 posts, read 6,229,056 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
Spoken as one who knows nothing about "back then." Guess you never heard the terms "spinster aunt" and "old maid," eh?

Apparently your definition of what "worked" is only that it existed until people got fed up with the crimes and misery inflicted upon a whole class of people and society came to its senses.

Kind of like slavery.
Yep, and right now men are tired of being treated like ATM machines for the sake of their ex and kids. As women start to see why men are not wanting kids or marriage they are going to stop supporing the no fault divorces and feminism. By then the USA is going to look much different with caucasions having negative birth rates right now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2014, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
hmmm...FWB?
I guess so, I guess some guys on here have no issues with this but I don't know any male in my circles who can hook this up other than very rarely.

Old 02-25-2014, 12:34 AM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highlife2 View Post
Yep, and right now men are tired of being treated like ATM machines for the sake of their ex and kids. As women start to see why men are not wanting kids or marriage they are going to stop supporing the no fault divorces and feminism. By then the USA is going to look much different with caucasions having negative birth rates right now.
You've got it all backwards. You want to encourage feminism, so that women have good incomes. Working women, women in good careers have their own ATM machines. And no fault divorce is crucial for women in abusive marriages.

So, now you have a racial agenda? This should go over well, here.

Old 02-25-2014, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
You've got it all backwards. You want to encourage feminism, so that women have good incomes. Working women, women in good careers have their own ATM machines. And no fault divorce is crucial for women in abusive marriages.

So, now you have a racial agenda? This should go over well, here.
I don't really care, I am learning Russian and the next messed up thing I have to pay out for im gone. I don't care what morals someone else assigns to me, I don't want to pay, I don't care if its for my own kid, if I had one.

I don't care about any of the hype, I simply am done paying.

Women don't need no fault divorce to get out of abuse, you simply leave, he cant hit you if he does not know where you are. If he is truly abusive he can be arrested for assult if he comes after you. That is a total non argument.

Old 02-25-2014, 12:40 AM

Quote:
I don't really care, I am learning Russian and the next messed up thing I have to pay out for im gone. I don't care what morals someone else assigns to me, I don't want to pay, I don't care if its for my own kid, if I had one.

I don't care about any of the hype, I simply am done paying.

Women don't need no fault divorce to get out of abuse, you simply leave, he cant hit you if he does not know where you are. If he is truly abusive he can be arrested for assult if he comes after you. That is a total non argument.
Who said anything about morals? The point is that feminism works in your favor. The more independent women are, the less chance you'll have to pay anything.

Old 02-25-2014, 12:44 AM

Quote:
Who said anything about morals? The point is that feminism works in your favor. The more independent women are, the less chance you'll have to pay anything.
Men will always get bent over for child support if there are kids. Unless they are complete homeless dead beats in which case its unlikely CEO mom would be with him unless he is really HOT. Then all the white knights scream bloody murder when guys try to get out of it because they are tired of paying and tired of working.

Old 02-25-2014, 12:49 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraciousVox View Post
I was just talking about this to a couple of younger gals I work with. Guys get put in the friend zone, and women get pumped and dumped when they make one grave mistake : dating outside of their league.

At the heart of it, the same thing happens to all loading participants. When a man hey friends zoned, he gives a woman what she wants (emotional intimacy) without getting what he needs (sex) .

When women get the P&D treatment, the opposite happens : the man gets what he wants (sex) and the woman gets left out in the cold in terms of what she wants (emotional intimacy).

what we have our hands is whole lot of people with an inflated view of their self worth on the market.

Comments?

Unless you are dating something other than human no one is "out of their league", I will never understand why so many people put that label on themselves and others.
If you want to approach someone then do so all they can do is say no, then you move on.
Most humans become friends because they are not romantically compatable and are better off as friends.

The rest is the residual of sex too soon or thinking you can have sex with a "friend".
There is no such thing as a "friend with benefits", that is a movie with a script and actors, it is not real life.
You can have sex with someone you only have sex with, no dates, no group gatherings, no going out anywhere, no contact other than sex.
or
You can have a friend or you can have a romantic partner. Friends can turn into romantic partners and my husband is my best friend. We knew each other for 5 years before we ever started anything romantic.
I don't believe I have ever seen dating and having friends be so complicated. All of the time and energy wasted by all the nonsense and drama that goes on is enough to make me glad I am old, married and don't have to deal with all the nonsense. Actually I never did deal with all the nonsense, I walked away and did not look back.
I've also never had to have "the exclusive" talk, it is just what happened then if you find later the relationship is not going to work you just tell them it isn't going to work or they tell you and it is over, without all the nonsense that so many attach to a break up.

Old 02-25-2014, 12:50 AM

Quote:
Men will always get bent over for child support if there are kids.
They're the men's kids! If men didn't want kids, they shouldn't have them. There are women out there who aren't into having kids. Wouldn't you want your flesh and blood taken care of, educated, all that? Or do you just want to spawn people and walk away? Think about what you're saying, before you just blurt stuff. If you were a woman, would you want to be stuck with supporting a kid without the father's help? Would you really want your child to suffer because his father doesn't want to contribute to his food and education? Are you capable of putting yourself in someone else's shoes, for just a moment?

You can always ask for full custody or joint custody. Having kids is a mutual choice.

Old 02-25-2014, 01:16 AM

Quote:
They're the men's kids! If men didn't want kids, they shouldn't have them. There are women out there who aren't into having kids. Wouldn't you want your flesh and blood taken care of, educated, all that? Or do you just want to spawn people and walk away? Think about what you're saying, before you just blurt stuff. If you were a woman, would you want to be stuck with supporting a kid without the father's help? Would you really want your child to suffer because his father doesn't want to contribute to his food and education? Are you capable of putting yourself in someone else's shoes, for just a moment?

You can always ask for full custody or joint custody. Having kids is a mutual choice.
It depends on who is at fault in the disolusion of the relationship. I don't have a lot of empathy because I have had to scratch and claw for everything I have. That is my way of life.

Old 02-25-2014, 01:18 AM

Quote:
It depends on who is at fault in the disolusion of the relationship. I don't have a lot of empathy because I have had to scratch and claw for everything I have. That is my way of life.
What about who was at fault in creating the child?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships