Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2014, 03:53 PM

5,987 posts, read 10,469,507 times

Advertisements

To the anonymous messager - you probably would be, actually, but probably can't achieve one yourself as you're too cowardly to even identify yourself much less be honest in a relationship.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2014, 08:09 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,067,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAZER PROPHET View Post
I mean, is honesty always the best and right policy? Honesty to the point it may cost you your marriage? Would you, as the offened spouse, feel that you have a right to know or would you not want to know about it?

BTW, this is NOT me or anyone I know. We were just kicking it around at work.
No, I would not want to know. I used to think I would, but not anymore. We have children and this is what I've known for the last 20+ yrs. I don't want our lives turned upside down because he made a poor choice.

Old 02-26-2014, 08:30 PM

8,781 posts, read 9,450,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
No, I would not want to know. I used to think I would, but not anymore. We have children and this is what I've known for the last 20+ yrs. I don't want our lives turned upside down because he made a poor choice.
Isn't that the definition of blissful ignorance?

Old 02-26-2014, 09:38 PM

393 posts, read 466,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaoistDude View Post
We've been open for 14 years, and our own relationship (aside from any others) is the kind of relationship most people wish they had. My anecdotal experience trumps your anecdotal experience! LOL
Anyone can claim anything on an Internet forum.

Old 02-26-2014, 09:40 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,833,342 times
Weird. I've been on tons of business trips, with tons of propositions...... never did anything inappropriate.

That's always been easy to deal with.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 02-26-2014, 09:52 PM

7,372 posts, read 16,012,366 times
Quote:
Hey, I'm trying to make it appear unintended.
I slipped. I fell. Hey!, you'll never guess where I landed!

Old 02-26-2014, 09:57 PM

1,209 posts, read 1,814,128 times
If you keep a secret like that you are opening up the possibility of being blackmailed, which would make you ineligible for certain jobs in sensitive industries. If someone got wind of your cheating and had solid proof and threatened to publicize the information, what lengths would you go to cooperating and seeing the evidence be destroyed? Would you compromise trade secrets? Pay hefty sums? Work with terrorists?

Old 02-26-2014, 10:59 PM

1,326 posts, read 1,138,408 times
Quote:
BTW, we spit 50/50 on the issue in the office.
A while ago we debated this in school and verbally it was about 25/75. Then we were asked to answer anonymously in relation to 1 of these 3 different mindsets...

1. A cheater
2. Someone who thinks they could/would cheat
3. The victim (has been cheated on or would never cheat)

Totally flipped the percentage around.

Old 02-26-2014, 11:13 PM

122 posts, read 155,892 times
Well, if I was the wife I don't think I would like to know. If the guy is guilty and is pretty sure he is not gonna do it again, I think it's better to leave things as is.

Old 02-26-2014, 11:17 PM

8,781 posts, read 9,450,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Weird. I've been on tons of business trips, with tons of propositions...... never did anything inappropriate.

That's always been easy to deal with.
Same deal.

I have the somewhat unfortunate situation of having an office of impressionable 20 something's right out of collage. I couldn't count the amount if times I've had blatantly obvious invitations.

Perhaps I just have a thick skin to it all after this many years

It's always fun when they realize the accountant in the office next to me is my wife, Or I hear "Why is the accountant in the pictures you have in your office?" From the slow to pick up ones
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships