Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2014, 11:08 AM

102,212 posts, read 107,931,771 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightRN View Post
Cleaning lady for 9 hours each week? Maybe she's not only cleaning the apartment?
Plus she cooks and irons and does his laundry? Why would he get married? He's already got cleanliness taken care of and you're providing the companionship and sex. He's got it made right now!
She also cleans and arranges his tools.

A cleaning lady who cooks? Where did he find one of those? (That's very unusual, OP.) Are you sure she's not an ex of his?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2014, 11:11 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,204,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
He has a cleaning lady for 9 hours? I have a townhome and mine is done in under 2, w/o laundry or cooking and only twice a month.

He doesn't want to live with you right now, simple as that. Its one step from buying the ring and maybe he is not ready, or after 2 years he's not sure you are the one. I'd give it another 6 months to a year. If he doesn't 'buy the cow', then look elsewhere.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightRN View Post
Cleaning lady for 9 hours each week? Maybe she's not only cleaning the apartment?
Plus she cooks and irons and does his laundry? Why would he get married? He's already got cleanliness taken care of and you're providing the companionship and sex. He's got it made right now!
I know, right? Like what is the cleaning lady doing? Scrubbing the grout with a toothbrush? HVACing the vents? My friends had a three-level row house. Their cleaning woman did laundry in addition to a deep clean every week, and it only took her 4 to 6 hours.

Old 03-09-2014, 12:04 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,264,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
I know, right? Like what is the cleaning lady doing? Scrubbing the grout with a toothbrush? HVACing the vents? My friends had a three-level row house. Their cleaning woman did laundry in addition to a deep clean every week, and it only took her 4 to 6 hours.
This baffles me, too. We have a 5k sq ft house. 3 kids. 3 cats. Our cleaning lady can do the whole house in 4-5 hours and we only need biweekly service.

1 man in a smaller home needs 9 hours a week? Trippy.

Old 03-09-2014, 12:33 PM

1,748 posts, read 1,296,640 times
Whatever his reasons are, he's just not keen or comfortable with the idea that you move in with him. Continue staying over his place once every while if you can live with it. He may change his mind when you meet up to his standards, or never.

Old 03-09-2014, 01:23 PM

4 posts, read 7,599 times
Lol, no she s not his ex. She s a 50 years old woman with kids who s been working for the family for years. We luve in Colombia, things are different here. Cleaning ladies usually always cook, do laundry and all those thibgs. And yes, fot his 110 square metres apt plus cooking etc she needs 8-9h.

Old 03-09-2014, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceite View Post
Lol, no she s not his ex. She s a 50 years old woman with kids who s been working for the family for years. We luve in Colombia, things are different here. Cleaning ladies usually always cook, do laundry and all those thibgs. And yes, fot his 110 square metres apt plus cooking etc she needs 8-9h.
Do they have washers and dryers in Columbia? I've never been anywhere in Latin America where they did. That could explain the need for 8-9 hours.

Old 03-09-2014, 01:52 PM

Yes they do, but my bf only has a washing machine. So shr s wachibg several machines and she hans up everything, irons the stuff which is already there, cooks a lot of food, eats for half an hour, cleans everything, changes the sheets, does everything. I ve seen her wotking for 8h straight many times and it s not like she s having breaks all the time. I dont get anyway what s up with some people in this forum that tjey directly seem to assume that my bf has an affair with the married 50 years old cleaning lady with kids.

Old 03-09-2014, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Yes they do, but my bf only has a washing machine. So shr s wachibg several machines and she hans up everything, irons the stuff which is already there, cooks a lot of food, eats for half an hour, cleans everything, changes the sheets, does everything. I ve seen her wotking for 8h straight many times and it s not like she s having breaks all the time. I dont get anyway what s up with some people in this forum that tjey directly seem to assume that my bf has an affair with the married 50 years old cleaning lady with kids.
In the US, 9 hours is a long workday to clean an apartment. For a large house with a family of 4 or 5, that's normal. But to clean for one person in an apartment? It seems like a lot.

Old 03-09-2014, 02:05 PM

Even if it seems a lot- What does it have to do with my thread?
I've seen her doing it many times and she also doesnt have an affair with my bf.

Old 03-09-2014, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Even if it seems a lot- What does it have to do with my thread?
I've seen her doing it many times and she also doesnt have an affair with my bf.
LOL! Well, in that your thread is partly about your helping around the apartment, it's somewhat relevant. But you'll quickly learn, posting on this forum, that people can get distracted by details, and joke around sometimes. That's just the way it is. Try to bear with us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships