Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2014, 06:41 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,974,024 times

Advertisements

I thought this was real, then I saw the pics on the wall in the background... yeah, good one!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2014, 06:48 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,345,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
I am not a good looking guy, but I'll say that when I first saw your face, I thought of Frankenstein.

If I think of Frankenstein, what will women think?
Wow tough crowd.

Listen brah, dont change your appearance, or the way you dress; just be yourself. Someone will find you attractive the way you are. And forget online dating, go out, be social.

I bet, if it was Adam Livine in your same attire, you wouldn't be getting complaints, Lol

Old 03-13-2014, 06:49 AM

5,121 posts, read 6,804,827 times
OP, if you really don't want someone else taking your profile picture (I understand for some guys, it's hard to ask friends to take a picture of OLD), use the timer on that camera. I am 99% certain it has a timer function. Set it down someplace, frame a shot, set the timer and pop into the picture. It will look a lot better/less desperate than a selfie in the mirror.

Old 03-13-2014, 07:02 AM

11,795 posts, read 12,035,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
OP, if you really don't want someone else taking your profile picture (I understand for some guys, it's hard to ask friends to take a picture of OLD), use the timer on that camera. I am 99% certain it has a timer function. Set it down someplace, frame a shot, set the timer and pop into the picture. It will look a lot better/less desperate than a selfie in the mirror.
Or at least look into the mirror and stretch out your arm and angle the camera to capture your reflection in the mirror, instead of holding the camera in front of you and looking down into it.

Old 03-13-2014, 07:45 AM

943 posts, read 1,198,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artifice32 View Post
Wow, that is harsh. I am Mexican. I think that is a problem people are having but I only date Hispanic women. So, a lot of responses are probably not in my demographic.
I needed to be harsh. You look terrible. Do you have any metrosexual friends who can help you? You need a new hairstyle, wardrobe and to be groomed properly.

Old 03-13-2014, 07:56 AM

16,905 posts, read 16,130,561 times
Quote:
Well, no, it is a great guitar but that is getting into guitar politics. Sunburst or Desert Burst all cost the same the only one that is pricier is the Gold Top but I'm not a fan of the Gold Top. To be honest, I don't think you know much about guitars. Here is my Sound Cloud page if you want to hear me play:
Quote:

Okay, well to be honest you are wrong and your picture looks ridiculous.
The Les Paul is a lousy guitar if you want to play lead and have proper access to the 22nd fret.
Telecasters and SGs blow that away. The gold sucks even more than the sunburst but there are better finishes available anyway.
I guess your strap must have been in the dry cleaners' that day.

Old 03-13-2014, 09:29 AM

4,380 posts, read 4,451,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
and if you have access to a cute puppy or a cute infant, hold them in the picture.
Puppy, maybe. Baby, no. At a glance, women will think it's yours and if they don't want kids or kids that young, they will move on.

The biggest problem with the original picture for me is it's blurry but I prefer it to the bathroom selfie in which you aren't smiling at all. I'm a smile girl (who also looks unnatural in posed pictures) so that is something I definitely want to see.

Old 03-13-2014, 11:08 AM

1,748 posts, read 1,296,640 times
Honestly, looking at the first pic it resembles a monkey holding a guitar fooling around, stretched teeth and popped eyes certainly doubled the effects... I would definitley pass if I came across that pic.
You will do more justice to your looks with a normal expression, or smile without stretching your teeth and stay away from the bathroom.

Last edited by softcrunch; 03-13-2014 at 11:29 AM..

Old 03-13-2014, 11:11 AM

867 posts, read 909,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post

Okay, well to be honest you are wrong and your picture looks ridiculous.
The Les Paul is a lousy guitar if you want to play lead and have proper access to the 22nd fret.
Telecasters and SGs blow that away. The gold sucks even more than the sunburst but there are better finishes available anyway.
I guess your strap must have been in the dry cleaners' that day.
I'll wax poetic about guitars with you. I do want a telecaster for sure, the telecaster is awesome for Jazz which I'm learning to play. But, but, but I want the Custom Shop Telecaster which costs about $4,200 maybe a little bit more I can't remember exactly. Now as for the 22nd fret issue, it's a single cut but so is the Telecaster; all single cuts have that problem.

But I only want to own two guitars, this one, "Leslie," and a Custom Shop Telecaster. I can play lead on the Gibson; Slash, Jimmy Page, the Edge, Duane Allman, Les Paul had no problem playing lead on the Gibson. I did post my sound cloud page where all I do is improvise lead. Here it is again:

https://soundcloud.com/henry-faith

No need to scrutinize, all I did was pose with the guitar; I don't keep my strap on at all time. If you want to know I own $100 leather strap that looks awesome with the guitar. Now, I'm not trying to floss how much money I've invested in this hobby but, but this is the guitar politics. For those of you reading this and wondering why I keep pounding on the money, there are some guitarist who believe expensive guitars aren't worth it. So Rainroosty is suggesting a Standard Telecaster $1,000.00 and an SG $1,400.00 are better guitars than a $2,600.00 guitar. It will probably shock Rainroosty that I play with the idea of owning a PRS, which typically start at $3,200.00. But, but the perspective I have as a guy who also plays Sax is good luck finding a good Saxophone that costs you less than $6,000.00 But, but that is guitar politics.

Old 03-13-2014, 11:13 AM

867 posts, read 909,510 times
Thanks everyone for the responses. This pic is a no go for online dating. I really appreciated your feedback.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships