Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2014, 10:41 PM
YAZ

7,706 posts, read 14,106,750 times

Advertisements

Considering the amount of Russian women looking for American men to marry....(shameless internet search), ......

I can see why Russian Moms are a little bit ticked.....

Old 03-20-2014, 10:44 PM

458 posts, read 645,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
My son visited LA a couple of months ago and said that he found the women extremely materialistic. He viewed that as a huge negative.
Tell your son not to move to America.
This is a very common dilemma all over the USA.
How do you think the recession started?
It came from too many people wanting things they couldn't have.

Old 03-20-2014, 10:44 PM

102,250 posts, read 108,166,150 times
Quote:
My son visited LA a couple of months ago and said that he found the women extremely materialistic. He viewed that as a huge negative.
I guess the OP's son better not go to LA to look for women, then.

I guess you haven't noticed, though, how materialistic some Russian men and women are....?

Old 03-20-2014, 10:45 PM

686 posts, read 1,232,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocco Barbosa View Post
Coworker from Russia says: I do not want my son dating American women. What do you think of this?

Do American women have a reputation for being tainted and loose? Masculine acting?
I think we should focus more on this individual woman and why SHE doesn't want her son to marry an American woman instead of just taking her comment and running with it thinking "Yeah, what is going on with American women?".

Is your coworker actually Russian? Or is she from one of the old republics (Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Moldova, Chechnia, etc.)? Is she Russian jewish?

Just like if I heard someone say "Oh, I don't like burgers", I wont start wondering what is wrong with burgers, I would instead start investigating them and trying to figure out why they do not like burgers.

Old 03-20-2014, 10:46 PM

11,222 posts, read 16,451,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
And this is a good thing.

I agree. I don't know what he's going on about. Maybe Quebec has a lot of log driving ladies in the middle of the St. Lawrence or something.

I have no idea.

Just for fun, here is a nice little peice of Canadiana that brings me back to my childhood.

Canada Vignettes: Log Driver's Waltz - YouTube

Old 03-20-2014, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSloan View Post
Do you know what caused Russia's economic collapse in 1998? Gov't big-wigs and their cronies taking the foreign aid and IMF money and socking it away in Swiss banks. And using it to buy a luxury lifestyle for themselves and their kids. (Weekend jaunts to discotheques in Paris, and the like.)

People are people. Some are good. Others want what they can't have, and will do anything to get it, no matter how many people they crush in their path. Who knows, maybe American women are better off without the OP's coworker's son.

Old 03-20-2014, 10:51 PM
YAZ

7,706 posts, read 14,106,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I guess the OP's son better not go to LA to look for women, then.

I guess you haven't noticed, though, how materialistic some Russian men and women are....?
No kidding.

The stereotype I have is that they'll marry anything that has a penis & a job.

Owning a home is a bonus....

I'm talking about the womenfolk....

Old 03-20-2014, 11:00 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,275,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocco Barbosa View Post
What do you think of this?

Do American women have a reputation for being tainted and loose? Masculine acting?
As opposed to.....?

Your Russian "friend" either doesn't exist or is a complete moron.

Old 03-20-2014, 11:11 PM

7,490 posts, read 4,969,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSloan View Post
He actually said that the overly-materialistic culture so unattractive that he had no desire to ever return to the US.

Old 03-20-2014, 11:13 PM

Quote:
He actually said that the overly-materialistic culture so unattractive that he had no desire to ever return to the US.
If he's foolish enough to judge an entire nation by some of the people of one city, it's his loss, not ours. What if everyone were to judge Russia by Moscow? (Some foreigners do.) Or by Sochi?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships