Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2014, 11:17 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,048,957 times

Advertisements

American women are not all that bad and many are quite often independent which can be a huge break from a mans pocket. I often find Eastern oriented women to be very materialistic compared to the image conscious, image driven, shallow, all about good looks American women. I knew of a guy who dated an Middle Eastern women, she was real hot too, this guy was even going to convert to islam to marry her too, but he did not go through it. THe reason why because with her its money, money ,money. I have a friend who is East Asian, he lucks out with all American women because their are not physically attracted to him even though he makes a 6 figure salary. He goes on dates with plenty of foreign Asian women and for foreign Asian women they measure him by his money. Some Asian women do want to be in a relationship with him because he does not make enough, the Americanized Asian women don't date him because he is physically unattractive. I knew of a guy who was in a relationship with an Armenian/Russian/Persian mix, again this woman ran this man into the ground with money. This woman is really hot and I too if I had the money I would scoop a woman like that up too. I know of a Turkish guy who owns a pizzeria, I asked him about Turkish women, he laughed he said Turkish women will ruin your finances. Sad part is, this Turkish guy offered me 10k to marry his cousin so that she can get green card. I wanted to do it but 10k is not enough for me to do that. He did admit that I needed money to be with her in the longrun, and its better to let her go after she obtains a green card. I personally think the best women are either from Latin America and Latin Europe as potential longterm partners and wives. Eastern Women and American women along with Germanic speaking countries are two extremes.

Last edited by Bronxguyanese; 03-21-2014 at 12:06 AM..

Old 03-20-2014, 11:18 PM

7,489 posts, read 4,956,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
If he's foolish enough to judge an entire nation by some of the people of one city, it's his loss, not ours. What if everyone were to judge Russia by Moscow? (Some foreigners do.) Or by Sochi?
Maybe it's the absence of culture in the US that Russian moms don't like. Culture and tradition are valued by some people.

Old 03-20-2014, 11:18 PM

579 posts, read 762,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
He actually said that the overly-materialistic culture so unattractive that he had no desire to ever return to the US.
It's a significant reason why I'm returning to my Eastern European roots. The women in Southern California are incredible to look at but settle down with or even befriend?

Too materialistic
Can't cook
Can't raise children
Spoiled/Can't sacrifice
Questionable honesty and commitment

Most of my friends in serious relationships settled down with girls from High School or early on in College.

Old 03-20-2014, 11:22 PM

1,028 posts, read 1,122,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YAZ View Post
No kidding.

The stereotype I have is that they'll marry anything that has a penis & a job.

Owning a home is a bonus....

I'm talking about the womenfolk....
This stereotype is like any another. If you have a penis, a job and a home - that's good, but it's not enough to attract woman, most of them at least.

Old 03-20-2014, 11:24 PM

102,213 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Maybe it's the absence of culture in the US that Russian moms don't like. Culture and tradition are valued by some people.
Well, this is a different discussion entirely. Create a thread in the "World" forum. This could get interesting. It's off-topic here, though.

Old 03-20-2014, 11:27 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,260,457 times
Quote:
My son visited LA a couple of months ago and said that he found the women extremely materialistic. He viewed that as a huge negative.
How old is your kid that he didn't know that before he "visited" the land of the fake and one-upper's?

Huge negative regarding what? The rest of the country?

Old 03-20-2014, 11:28 PM

1,850 posts, read 3,017,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
OP, where does your co-worker's son live? If he lives in the US, he's not going to have much choice. Maybe you should ask your co-worker why s/he doesn't want his/her son dating American women, rather than assuming it's because of a reputation for being "tainted" and "loose", and masculine-acting.

Get back to us.
She said--"it's because American women are tainted".

Old 03-20-2014, 11:31 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,204,354 times
Quote:
He actually said that the overly-materialistic culture so unattractive that he had no desire to ever return to the US.
Gee, I hope the door didn't hit him in the arse on the way out.

Last edited by Lilac110; 03-20-2014 at 11:39 PM..

Old 03-20-2014, 11:34 PM

102,213 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocco Barbosa View Post
She said--"it's because American women are tainted".
She doesn't know American women very well. Oh well. Her loss.

So...why is she here?

Old 03-20-2014, 11:35 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,614,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocco Barbosa View Post
What do you think of this?
I think your coworker should mind his or her own business and let their son make his own decisions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships