Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2014, 09:13 PM

1,180 posts, read 2,925,945 times

Advertisements

well- since you asked- and this truly is beyond the basics- but it has always puzzled me why more women don't look for a man with basic handyman skills. It's a total turnoff to me when a man can't do things the most rudimentary household tasks like switch out a light fixture, fix a faucet, unclog a drain, hang a ceiling fan, replace brakes or do a tuneup on a car- seriously do you realize how many TENS of THOUSANDS of dollars you would save over a lifetime if he would just take the time to learn a few basic skills rather than pay someone else every time you need a picture hung? Yes women could learn these skills too- but you did ask about men. Sometime I watch HGTV shows like Renovation Realities and these guys just look so wimpy and pathetic to me not to mention clueless. I guess I just got lucky in my relationships- or maybe this was a higher priority on my list than other women place on it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2014, 09:25 PM

6,301 posts, read 9,660,743 times
A man with a plan
Knows himself well
Treats her like she's one of a kind
Has had good male role models
Handyman skills are nice too

Old 03-25-2014, 09:26 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,677,744 times
Nunchuck skillz

Old 03-25-2014, 09:40 PM

14,375 posts, read 18,400,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
Nunchuck skillz
I think you just won the thread.

Kindness, intelligence, confidence balanced by humility, and at least an appreciation of humor.

Old 03-25-2014, 10:02 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,677,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
Kindness, intelligence, confidence balanced by humility, and at least an appreciation of humor.
Those are really good.

Old 03-26-2014, 12:05 AM

6,732 posts, read 10,006,402 times
He likes women. He doesn't carry resentment or anger towards, them, like a lot of men here do. He doesn't think their friendship is a booby(-less) prize.

He likes men, too. He has friends of assorted genders, who he talks to about real stuff like feelings.

He doesn't think anyone, anywhere, can harm his masculinity or take it away. Including a woman who shows him how to hang his ceiling fan .

Old 03-26-2014, 12:16 AM

1,823 posts, read 2,849,307 times
Great posts, people.

- NO WOMEN ISSUES. No misogynists. Must enjoy loving women. Must see women as PEOPLE.
- No serious, debilitating hang-ups. Must be reasonably confident and have a positive attitude and outlook on life.
- Must be OPEN to experiencing life, trying new things. Open-minded too, but not all over the place.
- Intelligent and curious, but not obnoxious.
- NO ADDICTIONS! Can't emphasize that one enough.
- Must be capable of loving another person; in touch with his feelings but not overly mushy or needy.
- Must take care of himself physically. No smoking. Works out, but doesn't have to be "buff".
- Must be driven, pursuing something outside of himself via his career, hobbies (watching movies and playing video games doesn't count)
- Must be logical and realistic in his assessment of himself and others. No insane entitlement. Must be independent and take responsibility for improving his own life.

And, must love dogs. Just kidding.

Old 03-26-2014, 12:27 AM

3,009 posts, read 3,646,938 times
I think woman want a guy that is :

financially stable
has a career he is passionate about
smart
funny
easy going
thinks of others before him self some times (you have to make sure your needs are meet as well)
has some kind of goals he wants reach in life ( real goals )
ambitious
good listener
can fix things
confidence
has friends ( which I do not )

Old 03-26-2014, 01:36 AM

4,078 posts, read 5,422,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uptoolateagain View Post
I'm just curious what women have to say about this. I'm not too interested in hearing what other guys think to be honest.

Beyond the basics of being an available heterosexual male in your age group who puts reasonable effort into their appearance and isn't a jackass what sort of things go a long way in getting your interest?

I'm sure some of this is personal, I am well aware of that, I'd still like to hear what you have to say.
How they treat others.. the intangibles.. that feeling, when I know I can trust them and that they have a kind soul.

I love guys who are genuine. I dig people who treat others who usually have it worse off in society really well like they go out of their way to help because they care.

Integrity and a warm spirit.. hard to come across these days especially in a world full of phonies and fakes.

Old 03-26-2014, 02:07 AM

301 posts, read 329,659 times
- I should find him attractive;
- He should have a sense of humor similar to mine, so that I won't have to think a lot about his jokes before laughing;
- He shouldn't avoid difficult situations. I don't want him to run away, I want him to fight for me.
- He should have a job. Better in the same field as me.
- He should be smart, he should be able to carry a conversation, shouldn't be dumb in politics.
- He should like the same food that I do. This is very important.
- He shouldn't play computer games or spend much time in social networks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships