Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Agree or disagree
I agree 11 26.19%
I disagree 23 54.76%
I'm on the fence, not sure 8 19.05%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2014, 12:45 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,651,067 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larkspur123 View Post
I am an average looking white woman. Most of my friends, some of whom had very difficult times dating, were average looking white women.

I'm not sure if you are confusing having the experience of dealing with men who are just looking for sex with the experience of being in one of these places hoping to meet someone that is interested in a long term relationship. They aren't the same thing.
This is a VERY common thought on this forum. If a drunk guy approaches you wanting to have a ONS, a lot of guys consider that exactly the same as a man loving you and wanting to marry you.

Regardless, I'm a below average white woman and my last bf broke it off with me because he just wasn't attracted to me. Since then, I haven't been approached (not even a hello) and I spend most of my time at museums, airports, coffee shops, bookstores and lectures. I'm out and about often and I am constantly trying to start conversations with people (not just men) and I've had several good ones with women, but men look me over and then excuse themselves. Happens allll the time.

I also have several lady friends who have been single for 5 years or more and they're only in their early to mid 30s...and they're not crazy or anything. They're just not that hot and get ignored. I see it all the time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2014, 01:59 PM

31,077 posts, read 22,130,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhenzanite View Post
This is a VERY common thought on this forum. If a drunk guy approaches you wanting to have a ONS, a lot of guys consider that exactly the same as a man loving you and wanting to marry you.

Regardless, I'm a below average white woman and my last bf broke it off with me because he just wasn't attracted to me. Since then, I haven't been approached (not even a hello) and I spend most of my time at museums, airports, coffee shops, bookstores and lectures. I'm out and about often and I am constantly trying to start conversations with people (not just men) and I've had several good ones with women, but men look me over and then excuse themselves. Happens allll the time.

I also have several lady friends who have been single for 5 years or more and they're only in their early to mid 30s...and they're not crazy or anything. They're just not that hot and get ignored. I see it all the time.
Are you sure they aren't crazy to the men they are involved with. My most recent dating experience was with a woman who seemed very normal for a while. I met many of here friends, she met mine, we got along great, than one late call on my part and she started texting me F-bombs with all the other words thrown in for good measure. My old gf had the same luck with her current on/off again bf. He looked normal enough for about a month and ended up being a conspiracy theorist with a short fuse. We were comparing notes the other day and we both came to the same conclussion that there are some real nuts out there.

Old 04-01-2014, 02:11 PM

102,235 posts, read 108,076,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJS99 View Post
What's your ethnicity? Are you white?

From what I have seen, average and above looking white women who do things like go to bars and coffee shops in urban areas have it VERY easy in the game of dating. I'm talking about like it's a pain and a hassle dealing with the male attention.
Then it means you've had only a limited view. There are lots of average and even above-average white women who don't get male attention. You only notice the ones who do get attention.

Old 04-01-2014, 02:12 PM

102,235 posts, read 108,076,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Are you sure they aren't crazy to the men they are involved with. My most recent dating experience was with a woman who seemed very normal for a while. I met many of here friends, she met mine, we got along great, than one late call on my part and she started texting me F-bombs with all the other words thrown in for good measure. My old gf had the same luck with her current on/off again bf. He looked normal enough for about a month and ended up being a conspiracy theorist with a short fuse. We were comparing notes the other day and we both came to the same conclussion that there are some real nuts out there.
No one would know whether they're crazy or not if they're not approaching them in the first place.

Old 04-01-2014, 02:21 PM

2,087 posts, read 2,851,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Then it means you've had only a limited view. There are lots of average and even above-average white women who don't get male attention. You only notice the ones who do get attention.
You sure about that?

Remember. None means none. Zero. Nada. No men asking you out or hitting on you. Ever. In your life.

Old 04-01-2014, 11:27 PM

43 posts, read 35,589 times
I agree. There is not a single woman who has never been approached.

Old 04-02-2014, 06:22 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,206,503 times
Thanks for the responses, to answer my own threaD I don't think its for lack of trying like I do with males. With men, it's more about how to get to that point of establishing interest. With women it's more about poor decisions being made after interest is established from guys.

1.) Having sex with a guy too early
2.) Dating men with clear and obvious red flags
3.) And the all time classic which transcends race, age, economic status, level of intelligence...
The guy tells you he doesn't want anything serious only casual(while you want something serious) but you have sex with him anyway under the hope that he'll magically want to be in a relationship

95% of women's problems in dating come from these 3 bad decisions

Old 04-02-2014, 06:33 AM

2,560 posts, read 2,640,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
Thanks for the responses, to answer my own threaD I don't think its for lack of trying like I do with males. With men, it's more about how to get to that point of establishing interest. With women it's more about poor decisions being made after interest is established from guys.

3.) And the all time classic which transcends race, age, economic status, level of intelligence...
The guy tells you he doesn't want anything serious only casual(while you want something serious) but you have sex with him anyway under the hope that he'll magically want to be in a relationship

So going by your post it seems for guys the issue is establishing sexual interest and with gals the issue is with establishing relationship interest from the guys.

Bit curious as to how you got your percentage? It seems you think only 5% of gals problems in dating can come from factors like location, age, her physical attractiveness, her sexual reputation, her sexual interests, her desire for commitment/relationship, her criteria for a partner, and/or the vast majority of guys that are interested in her being unattractive to her or not seeking what she desires. That to me is a bit of a stretch.

Old 04-02-2014, 06:35 AM

88,661 posts, read 84,959,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post

But re No. 2) on your list: These may be the ONLY types of men who ever approached the woman. And while those on the outside may be able to blithely declare that a woman should be happy to be alone rather than with a loser, it's not that easy when you're the unattractive woman who wants the same things that the pretty women want. It seems to me that there's a perception that the unattractive women who isn't chosen by any men should just merrily accept their lot in life and be content to spend their lives doing charitable deeds or something, but that's not the way it works. The unattractive women who don't get asked out often deeply desire marriage and children or a loving relationship or any of the other things the pretty women take for granted not only that they will have coming to them, but they know they will have CHOICES about whom they will marry or bear children or form a partnership with.

So we went with the unemployed, or the alcoholic, or the abusive men because they were the only ones who at least pretended to be interested, our only chance at a dream. It's doomed, of course, but we can lie to ourselves pretty well for a very long time that it will work out, until of course, we no longer can believe the lie.

Old 04-02-2014, 07:56 AM

43 posts, read 35,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
But re No. 2) on your list: These may be the ONLY types of men who ever approached the woman. And while those on the outside may be able to blithely declare that a woman should be happy to be alone rather than with a loser, it's not that easy when you're the unattractive woman who wants the same things that the pretty women want. It seems to me that there's a perception that the unattractive women who isn't chosen by any men should just merrily accept their lot in life and be content to spend their lives doing charitable deeds or something, but that's not the way it works. The unattractive women who don't get asked out often deeply desire marriage and children or a loving relationship or any of the other things the pretty women take for granted not only that they will have coming to them, but they know they will have CHOICES about whom they will marry or bear children or form a partnership with.

So we went with the unemployed, or the alcoholic, or the abusive men because they were the only ones who at least pretended to be interested, our only chance at a dream. It's doomed, of course, but we can lie to ourselves pretty well for a very long time that it will work out, until of course, we no longer can believe the lie.
Unattractive women have to work harder bottom line. Life isnt fair. Short men understand that. Just approach a guy you like. If you get rejected, woman up, and move on. Simple. You dont have to date losers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships