Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2014, 10:35 AM

7,344 posts, read 6,970,200 times

Advertisements

If you never had Ice cream, you'd never miss it.
If you never had chocolate, you'd never miss it.
Those of us whom have had good mothers, gave us affection we long for in our mate.
Our fathers taught us the expectations people have looking to men, or being male.
It is the example of a life time, not the words.
When the mate we chose does not turn out like our parent, we are disappointed .( It's uncharted territory)
It is like getting some new electronic device you have no instruction for.
What you choose to love ,is different. some make the adjustment some do not.
Memories of past loves ,are a fantasy ,largely forgetting certain realities that made it not work out.
I've been through it , and every time I do begin to fantasize about them, I endeavor too, to remember the things that dissolved the relationship. then I can move on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2014, 02:07 PM

1,418 posts, read 1,272,838 times
Women are less prone to being late bloomers than men I would say is because women are valued for their youth more than men are

Old 04-01-2014, 04:02 PM

255 posts, read 408,527 times
I agree. I would rather have loved and gone through heartbreak than to be in the situation I am in now. I'm a 27 year old woman who is still a virgin and never had a relationship. At my age it just shows how unwanted I am and it gets depressing. People keep telling me I am lucky to have never felt heartbreak, but I disagree completely. It's getting to be too late for me to even find someone because of my virginity.

Old 04-01-2014, 04:07 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,210,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley868 View Post
I agree. I would rather have loved and gone through heartbreak than to be in the situation I am in now. I'm a 27 year old woman who is still a virgin and never had a relationship. At my age it just shows how unwanted I am and it gets depressing. People keep telling me I am lucky to have never felt heartbreak, but I disagree completely. It's getting to be too late for me to even find someone because of my virginity.
Say what?
Where did you get that idea? I'm pretty sure it's not your age nor your virginity that's the problem.

Old 04-01-2014, 04:21 PM

1,035 posts, read 2,068,700 times
True - definitely better to have loved and lost!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MogwaiLover217 View Post
Its hard-wired into a mans DNA to be the most strongest attracted to women in their late teens and throughout their 20's more than any other age group of women
Not directed at you, your post just reminded me, a lot of people talk about men being wired to be attracted to that age group because they're young and fertile as if women are wired to want old a$$ men. Men lose "virility" with age just as women lose "fertility". Nature coaxes both genders toward youth and yet there still aren't as many women chasing young boys.

That's not DNA/nature's doing. It's ours. Society gave older men the privilege of having young girls before women had the right to choose. Kind of set a precedent for the norm going forward and what people look for, though times are achangin'.

Old 04-01-2014, 04:30 PM

31,306 posts, read 22,303,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberphonics View Post
True - definitely better to have loved and lost!

Not directed at you, your post just reminded me, a lot of people talk about men being wired to be attracted to that age group because they're young and fertile as if women are wired to want old a$$ men. Men lose "virility" with age just as women lose "fertility". Nature coaxes both genders toward youth and yet there still aren't as many women chasing young boys.

That's not DNA/nature's doing. It's ours. Society gave older men the privilege of having young girls before women had the right to choose. Kind of set a precedent for the norm going forward and what people look for, though times are achangin'.
You mean 50 year old women are going to start chasing 18 year olds

Old 04-01-2014, 04:30 PM

9,000 posts, read 10,214,832 times
Absolutely, positively false......

I used to wish I could find a way to erase the memories of the past,
especially right after things happened.
Then... serendipity brought me an amazing person who actually taught me techniques to
undo all of the pain. He really inspired me, uplifted me & taught me how to move on.
He turned out to be a very powerful presence in my life

Back on point- I'd rather avoid heartache, pain, betrayal & all that other toxic stuff....
so not worth it.

Old 04-01-2014, 04:36 PM

255 posts, read 408,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypee View Post
Say what?
Where did you get that idea? I'm pretty sure it's not your age nor your virginity that's the problem.
I didn't say it was my age or my virginity that is the problem. Nobody knows I am a virgin. But I am sure it would come up if I met a guy I am intimate with, and he might be turned off by that.

A lot of the guys on my social anxety forum believe it's impossible for a woman to be a virgin very late in age, and they think it's only a male problem. And so they say if they found out a woman was a virgin late in age, they wouldn't want her.

My problem is because I have social anxiety and I am ugly. So not only do I not have the looks, but I also don't have a personality to bring men in.

Old 04-01-2014, 04:43 PM

2,183 posts, read 2,210,306 times
Quote:
You shouldn't feel that way. 27 is not too late at all. I am 45 and also have never had a relationship nor sex and do not feel its too late for me. I take extremely good care of myself and look in my thirties. So if it's not too late for me, in no way, shape, or form, is it too late for you.

Last edited by jma501; 04-01-2014 at 05:10 PM..

Old 04-01-2014, 04:59 PM

3,009 posts, read 3,653,444 times
Quote:
I didn't say it was my age or my virginity that is the problem. Nobody knows I am a virgin. But I am sure it would come up if I met a guy I am intimate with, and he might be turned off by that.

A lot of the guys on my social anxety forum believe it's impossible for a woman to be a virgin very late in age, and they think it's only a male problem. And so they say if they found out a woman was a virgin late in age, they wouldn't want her.

My problem is because I have social anxiety and I am ugly. So not only do I not have the looks, but I also don't have a personality to bring men in.
I find that hard to believe and I am inexperienced for my age and only been with one woman sexually. Oh i am 30 so i am not that much older then you. It would not turn me off at all it would take the pressure off me to be good in bed for her. Than again i would want a girl first time to be special so that might give me anxiety LOL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships