Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2014, 10:44 AM

14 posts, read 14,316 times

Advertisements

Hi there. My ex husband & I have not really gotten along lately. Last night he was over visiting the kids. I usually leave but ended up staying home in my room while he was there. He ended up being very mean to me verbally. he told me how he hated me, he doesn't give two s**** about me, how he should take the kids, I'm a horrible person, I'm a b****, all kinds of stuff. I asked him to leave, but he wouldn't. He grabbed his phone acting like he was going to text my boyfriend. I grabbed the phone from him & as we were fighting over it it must have accidentally called my bf. We were already texting at that time, but he text me saying "Hmmm I just got a call from a mill cell phone number on this phone. What's with that?" I asked if he anserwed it. He said "It rang twice then stopped. I typed that # in my work phone & there isn't a name with it. So oh well". Do you think he knows it my ex? Why would he tell me that he got that call. Maybe because they called on his personal cell instead of his work phone? My bf doesn't work directly for the company my ex does but he does a lot of work for that company. My bf knows my ex works there. Do you think he was fishing for me to tell him? After that everything went back to normal. We text all night & then a little this morning before work. I'm thinking of telling him tonight that it was my ex's phone, or should I just leave it since he dropped it? I just want him to know I will be honest with him. What would you guys do? My ex did text him when my bf & I just started dating. he went online to my account & got his number off my phone bill. My bf never mentioned getting a text from him, which I find odd because I would've mentioned it right away. I didn't even know til about a month ago when my ex told me. I don't think my bf would've kept his number, though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2014, 10:45 AM

41,936 posts, read 37,029,445 times
I'd run far away

Old 04-03-2014, 10:50 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,811,993 times
I do not understand you.

Your ex husband assaulted you in your own home and not only do you neglect to call 911 or make a police report, but you feel you must hide this info from your boyfriend?

Lady, you need some professional guidance, please seek it right away.

Old 04-03-2014, 10:58 AM

14 posts, read 14,316 times
He never assulted me. He yelled & sid nasty things. I'm not afraid to tell my boyfriend any of this. I just don't know if I should tell him that it was my ex that called his phone. Can I call the cops for him yelling? I did ask him to leave & he didn't.

Old 04-03-2014, 11:04 AM

41,936 posts, read 37,029,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momxfour View Post
I did ask him to leave & he didn't.

I'd be calling the cops for this.

And he may not have committed battery, but assault doesn't have to be physical.

Old 04-03-2014, 11:05 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,369,796 times
I feel bad for the boyfriend. All that baby daddy drama

Old 04-03-2014, 11:12 AM

8,779 posts, read 9,466,758 times
I'm going to guess you where both flipping out and calling each other whatever name sounded good before it left your mouths which is why nothing was done about it.

These situations are rarely one sided.

Why do you want your bf to know?
You should be more concerned he knows how your ex is treating you over who called who.

Old 04-03-2014, 11:13 AM

320 posts, read 539,935 times
Yeah, I'd refer your ex to the boys in blue as well. I'll put it to you this way, I don't know how strong the relationship is between you and your bf, but if I were you I wouldn't be expecting your bf to stick around too long if you're constantly putting up with problems from your ex. No guy wants to be in the middle of that kind of drama. It would be in your best interests to call the proper authorities and get your ex under better control. Whatever it takes for you to make your ex understand that you won't tolerate anymore of that type of harassment go ahead and do it. It's either that or risk losing the relationship you have with your current bf.

Old 04-03-2014, 11:25 AM

1,748 posts, read 1,298,755 times
If your bf already know there is an ex, what do you fear?
Your ex was being verbally mean to you, why are you hiding this from your bf?
Sounds like something else's there.

Old 04-03-2014, 11:37 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,811,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momxfour View Post
He never assulted me. He yelled & sid nasty things. I'm not afraid to tell my boyfriend any of this. I just don't know if I should tell him that it was my ex that called his phone. Can I call the cops for him yelling? I did ask him to leave & he didn't.
What your ex did IN YOUR OWN HOME was assault when he grabbed your phone away from you. The second you had physical contact with him it was assault. He also appears to have communicated threats. Yes, you should have called the police.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships