Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2014, 07:16 AM

99 posts, read 135,310 times

Advertisements

I don't understand this phenomenon.

My situation is this... I've been talking to someone for almost 4 mons. In the beginning it was great he always wanted to see me. He's even come late after work just to see me (no sex) he 'genuinely' just missed me and wanted to see me. Around month 2, it started to change. He wasn't contacting me as much and I fell back a little. He briefly mentioned traveling for work the following month but we barely spoke. Right before he was suppose to leave we had plans but he was a no show. Smh, bc he reached out to me to make plans.

Anyway, The traveling month (month 3) came and he left but didn't contact me. I just called and wished him a safe trip. Since he was traveling to Asia. Anyway, during his trip he texted me a few times and that was it. When he returned the following week he bombarded me with calls and texts . Saying he missed me and wants to spend time with me. I ignored all the calls and texts, but gave in later that day. We spent 3 days together and everything was great. He talked about us growing and how he enjoys my company, yaddie yaddie. We had a genuine good time. We fooled around / no sex. Trust me, I was willing but he wants to wait. (Glad I never gave it away)

Ok, so the proceeding week, we spoke every single day except that weekend. He was kinda of MIA. His family was in town so I didn't push it, but I did send a text saying hello and jokingly asked if he forgot about me. He assured me he hasn't and just been busy.

So, another work week comes up and I don't hear from him at all. At this point I said I'm done with this wishy washy thing. I'm getting too old for games and for men who are unsure about me. But again, I gave in and texted him and asked how he was. He replied and then no contact until Friday. Friday, he called and said works been busy and he's been a bit overwhelmed. So I gave him a pass but still thinking with technology there's no such thing as too overwhelmed to just text hi. It literally takes less than 10 secs. He apologized for neglecting me and made plans for this weekend. I , like a dummy, accepted his offer to hang out.

Needless to say, there was no hang out and I haven't heard from him since. I refuse to call and text asked what happened. If he calls and texts I refuse to answer. If I do, it'll be to tell him to stop contacting me.

It seems like these are the guys I only run into..

Why does he pretend to show interest??????
It can't possibly be because I'm constantly contacting him, which I'm not.

Why do men make the effort to call and make plans if they know they don't want to??

Is it pity calls and arrangements? Wouldn't it be easier to just not contact me at all??

Everytime I delete his # and decide I'm done he pops up again. Whyyyyy??

Edited to add: sorry for the long post. I tried to keep it short ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2014, 07:18 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,332,595 times
He wants hoo ha time.
No other reason.

Old 04-06-2014, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
He wants hoo ha time.
No other reason.
@stan4, we don't have hoo ha.

Old 04-06-2014, 07:32 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,838,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imagirlnamedk View Post
@stan4, we don't have hoo ha.
He thinks he will later down the road. Plus it seems to me he is testing you.Are you available for him? You could say yes to this.

Avoid him for awhile so he can think? What's her problem? She's so annoying. ....did she meet someone else? That b*tch! Omg I think I might want her? Or the...eff her I'll go get a new lady.

Old 04-06-2014, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
He thinks he will later down the road. Plus it seems to me he is testing you.Are you available for him? You could say yes to this.

Avoid him for awhile so he can think? What's her problem? She's so annoying. ....did she meet someone else? That b*tch! Omg I think I might want her? Or the...eff her I'll go get a new lady.
I am way too available, I've only turned him down twice.

I will avoid him completely for awhile. Or permanently..

Old 04-06-2014, 07:51 AM

2,916 posts, read 2,998,071 times
Sex. Even if a man really likes you, some guys will poke around to determine what level of effort is needed to bed you. If they realize that the effort is too great, they may start to back off. Sometimes the guy comes back and sometimes they don't.

Old 04-06-2014, 07:56 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,838,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imagirlnamedk View Post
I am way too available, I've only turned him down twice.

I will avoid him completely for awhile. Or permanently..
Now now just see how it goes.

Old 04-06-2014, 08:13 AM

330 posts, read 544,875 times
He doesn't like you. He hits you up when he's bored.
Just say "deuces" and move on!.

Old 04-06-2014, 08:43 AM

678 posts, read 1,064,572 times
He was interested but he's no longer interested because he didn't know where he stood with you. He let it be known during the 1st month that he really liked you but didn't bring up a discussion about the possibility of the two of you being in a relationship (or at least that wasn't mentioned in your post). So by month two he gave up and started to move on, however he decided to come back for some reason and try again but by month four decided it wasn't worth the effort because nothing changed.

The only way that you are going to resolve this (or get rid of him if you really don't want him around) is to sit down and talk about it. This issue could have been resolved a long time ago if one of you would have initiated the "what's going on here" conversation.

Good luck to you.

Old 04-06-2014, 08:51 AM

10,364 posts, read 20,788,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omaraz View Post
The only way that you are going to resolve this (or get rid of him if you really don't want him around) is to sit down and talk about it. This issue could have been resolved a long time ago if one of you would have initiated the "what's going on here" conversation.

Good luck to you.
Eh, I had a similar situation to the OP's and I did try to initiate that discussion and sometimes we did talk about it but it soon became obvious that he was no more into me than the OP's man is into her and I haven't heard from him in over a month and at this point I'm glad. At this point I'll be very annoyed if he pops back up again. What drives me insane though is that he kept saying he's very interested in me and wants to keep communicating in case we could get together in the future, but I can't imagine that a man who is truly interested would be planning a future relationship with someone. Nope, actions really do speak louder than words.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships