Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2014, 08:05 PM

867 posts, read 909,510 times

Advertisements

OK, so I didn't know what to call this thread so I cheated and gave it two names.

When I was a young lad of eighteen I remember being in college and on a three way phone call with two friends of mine. One of my friend's, who wasn't the most introspective type, was discussing the phenomena of an attractive girl on his small liberal arts college, "I mean she has a smoking body and everything but honestly I just don't find her sexually attractive. I think the way nature works is you have to have a shot to be turned on." That conversation stuck with me all my life. I've come to the conclusion that there is beautiful and there is sex appeal. I think a lot of the guys who have never been in a relationship confuse the two and I think this is what my friend was getting at. It's sort of like when a girl says, "he's good on paper but there is just no chemistry," the male version is, "she looks good but there is just no chemistry." This is all up for debate.

So, it occurred to me a lot of guys who have never had a relationship get caught up on women who aren't in their league. They may get caught up on images on television or other media and think that is what beautiful is for them. When in reality, "she looks good," but in real life, "there would be no chemistry," i.e. no sex appeal. The solution for these guys is to date within their league because there would be chemistry.

Thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2014, 08:10 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,974,024 times
My first thought is: HUH?

Old 04-07-2014, 08:15 PM

774 posts, read 906,825 times
The way I see it: She's going to be just as sexually desirable whether or not she is obtainable but the plain looking woman who is attracted to me is going to look far more sexually desirable to me than the plain looking woman who isn't interested in me.

16,960 posts, read 17,345,504 times
wut?

42,763 posts, read 52,868,361 times
Nope get to know a person and many times the attraction develops.

Old 04-07-2014, 08:23 PM

570 posts, read 721,614 times
Que?

Old 04-07-2014, 08:36 PM

Fine, I lost all of City Data with this thread. OK, so I will be less general and less abstract and apply it to me. So, I'm on this E-harmony thing now. This is the first time I'm really getting into internet dating. I've been tossed thirty matches.

Now, there are about five matches who look like models. I mean super attractive and they dress the part, high maintenance looking. My thought process as I look through their pictures is, "man they are hot but ugh a relationship with them would be work and to be honest I can't imagine myself sleeping with them." Contrast this with the vast majority of girls on their who look average and I'm thinking, "hey, we can have a fun time and I'm sure the sex would be great."

So, the point I was trying to get at is the model types are out of my league therefore I feel no attraction towards them. The average girls are within my league but I feel tons of attraction towards them.

So, I'm happy to date within my league. Maybe some guys out there would have a better love life if they dated within their league. That's what I'm trying to get at.

Old 04-07-2014, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
My first thought is: HUH?
Have you been in a relationship?

Old 04-07-2014, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simtropico View Post
The way I see it: She's going to be just as sexually desirable whether or not she is obtainable but the plain looking woman who is attracted to me is going to look far more sexually desirable to me than the plain looking woman who isn't interested in me.
Thank you, you get my point!

Old 04-07-2014, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iced Coffee View Post
Que?
Have you been in a relationship?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships