Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2014, 01:46 PM

71 posts, read 91,234 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
What did you say that you think might be the problem?

Maybe she thought the sex was terrible.
What I think may have triggered this was one night, I asked if she was busy because I planned on calling her. She told me she was at a friends house so I responded by saying something along the lines of "ok have fun, talk to you some other time". She took this in a passive aggressive type way, even though I didn't mean it all like that. I tried to explain myself a little bit but to no avail. She told me she just didn't want to be on the phone right now because she was out with her friends. I'm not sure if she realized then that things were becoming more like a relationship (i.e. me wanting to call her and her wanting to hang out with her friends) but after that, things became different.

And no, it wasn't because the sex was terrible. I was taking things slow and hadn't gone that far with her yet, although I definitely could have. I don't think that has anything do with it though.

Last edited by ultimateguy8; 04-08-2014 at 02:13 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2014, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katie45 View Post
My 'thoughts': she's no longer interested. Could be a multitude of reasons, but all you'll accomplish by constantly guessing is getting bruises on your forehead.

If she changes her mind (or gets tired of the new guy she's with), she may end up getting in touch with you; however, be aware that you may be nothing more than an emotional bridge or temporary fill-in. So think about yourself and if you want to play that role. If she can't be woman enough to give you valid reasons for her ambivalence; you'll end up assuming (and we know what that means).
I appreciate your perspective on things. Is it the lack of communication recently that makes you think she's not interested? Even after things turned considerably different, she still drunk texted me and told me she missed me and initiated conversation with me a few more times. Personally, I would think that she would cut off all contact if she wasn't interested. To me, it almost felt for awhile that she was forcing herself not to talk to me. I don't know if that really makes sense though.

I just don't know how on Friday she can say "you should run this 5k with my sister and her bf in May" and then over the weekend she can say "finally...took you long enough to kiss me"/"I like you". And then on Monday everything is still going great and she says "I miss you"/"Hope I see you soon" but by the end of Tuesday, things are suddenly terrible. That to me doesn't add up.

Last edited by ultimateguy8; 04-08-2014 at 02:14 PM..

Old 04-08-2014, 02:39 PM

1,728 posts, read 1,780,555 times
Drunk Texted? I would run as far away from this drama I could get

Old 04-08-2014, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boner View Post
Drunk Texted? I would run as far away from this drama I could get
Just one time. She's still living in a college apartment with roommates who are still college students even though she graduated so I guess it's somewhat more forgiving. It happens, especially at that age, and I still get them sometimes from my friends albeit rarely and I'm almost two years removed from college. I was just pointing out the fact that for some reason, that night, she must have been thinking about me and had no hesitations about texting me. And this happened to be after things initially took a turn for the worst.

Old 04-08-2014, 02:57 PM

1,250 posts, read 2,160,797 times
Maybe she thought you were long-winded?

(I'm sorry, I tend to be as well, and I'm just kidding you a little about your 'short and sweet' OP)

Old 04-08-2014, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdinmigration View Post
Maybe she thought you were long-winded?

(I'm sorry, I tend to be as well, and I'm just kidding you a little about your 'short and sweet' OP)
I think that honestly might have something to do with it. I have a tendency to try to explain myself in full detail when there seems to be an issue. I think I would be better off sometimes letting things go.

Old 04-08-2014, 03:06 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,768,354 times
It does sound like one of two things:

1) disappointment in the bedroom
2) she is interested in another guy but keeping you on the back burner.

ETA just read that you didn't take her up on the sex she was expecting. Now she is unsure about you.

Old 04-08-2014, 03:17 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,159,920 times
Does any body have a cliff notes version the OP?

Old 04-08-2014, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
It does sound like one of two things:

1) disappointment in the bedroom
2) she is interested in another guy but keeping you on the back burner.

ETA just read that you didn't take her up on the sex she was expecting. Now she is unsure about you.
I really don't think the sex has anything to do with it though. I just wanted to show her that I was respectful and that's not what I was looking for. That was back in the middle of February and things continued to be fine for weeks afterwards.

I guess #2 is possible but I know she goes home a lot on the weekends and hangs out with her work friends all the time and they happen to be all girls. I'm pretty confident that I was the only guy she was talking to while I was seeing her. Not sure if things changed because she became interested in a new guy. Guess if that's the case she didn't know she already had the best guy right here

Last edited by ultimateguy8; 04-08-2014 at 03:53 PM..

Old 04-08-2014, 03:33 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,025,807 times
Knowing this forum, I half expected this thread to be about weight. You know: "She said she was 5'6" and 110, but when we met in person she was really 5'2" and 180!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships