Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think its wrong to have sex before marriage?
It's wrong. 13 16.67%
It's ok. 46 58.97%
It doesn't really matter if you wait or not. 19 24.36%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2014, 08:10 AM

6,886 posts, read 7,908,988 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Opinionated View Post
Well, I doubt any of us can speak for everyone else's values or that majority preference, in modern times makes anything legitimate. But if you are living by 1 Thessalonians 4:3 in the bible, then there is a reason why self control regarding sexual matters is wise. However, you prefer to be guided by human philosophy, then the is little reason to put off consummation. Actually, depending on the daily changes I have witnessed so far, is there really a wrong or right anymore?
That bible of yours was written a really really really long time ago..........

Old 04-16-2014, 08:11 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,974,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StabbyAbby View Post
Gay marriage is already legal in several countries and states. "God" sure is taking his time in wiping those places off the map if he even exists in the first place.
I don't blame you for doubting in the existence of a God. The world looks bad all around. Think of the world as an apartment house and the tenets are rebelling against all the rules that were put in place... When the owner finally arrives there are going to be a lot of evictions for sure.

The world has blurred all the lines, questioning things that have been held as truth. (no more Pluto boo hoo)

A moral code has been shattered! Hollywood holding an eraser and mallet helping to destroy a traditional family and codes.

What was called "Living in sin " is now the norm.

I choose not to ride the downward spiral roller coaster of gross morals.

Old 04-16-2014, 08:17 AM

41,936 posts, read 37,033,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagemomma View Post
That bible of yours was written a really really really long time ago..........

By multiple people over centuries. And translated multiple times.

It's always amusing to me that people that should know that when you translate a language from one modern form to another that you're often losing nuance, don't understand that when you're going from Aramaic or Ancient Hebrew or Greek to Latin then to Modern English that you're going to lose A LOT of meaning.

I can't imagine that there is a linguist out there that will look at you with a straight face and tell you that the King James bible (or any modern form) represents the real nuanced meanings of the original text. Not that there was ONE original text, there wasn't. And not that the texts were written at the times of the events, they weren't.

Yet people think it is literal truth?

Faith is a odd duck.

Old 04-16-2014, 08:46 AM

3,452 posts, read 4,625,260 times
Like I said earlier....if you are not a christian....the bible and sex outside of marriage should not even be an issue for you.

Old 04-16-2014, 08:49 AM

41,936 posts, read 37,033,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usamathman View Post
Like I said earlier....if you are not a christian....the bible and sex outside of marriage should not even be an issue for you.

I presume it may be an issue for some other non Christian religions as well. It is for the muslim faith. I don't think it is for buddhism. I don't know about hinduism.

Old 04-16-2014, 08:59 AM

3,187 posts, read 5,158,778 times
Do you think that sex before marriage is wrong?

If it is, I am [bleep]! Since I've never been married and I am old enough to have a teenager. One graduating highschool or entering their first years in college. If I went by my religion, there would be a lot of years of celibacy. No thanks!

Last edited by PJSaturn; 04-16-2014 at 05:50 PM..

Old 04-16-2014, 10:33 AM

9,408 posts, read 11,945,812 times
Marriage has nothing to do with sex and vice versa. Marriage is gradually falling by the wayside, but sex is here to stay.

Old 04-16-2014, 05:53 PM

44,381 posts, read 20,099,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
It's been previously discussed. No real need to revisit the subject.
True ^ . This thread is, therefore, closed.

Also, remember that this is not the Religions forum.

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships